Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Join the club, finished it and thoroughly enjoyed it. Best season of the 4 definitely.

Watched it and thought it was okay, watchable but nothing more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Gave JungE about 10 minutes and gave up, had heard good reports about it and it looks great but the actors and dialogue sounded atrocious even for an Asian yoke

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery (1997) A swingin' fashion photographer by day and a groovy British secret agent by night, superspy Austin Powers must foil the sinister schemes of Dr. Evil.

Air Force The Movie: Danger Close (2022) (Malay) After a militia group shoots down a special forces aircraft, nine survivors must hold out on the ground while a rescue mission is devised.

Against the Ropes season 1 (2023) (Spanish) Released from prison, Ángela tries to regain the respect of her daughter, who loves lucha libre wrestling, by entering the ring as a mysterious persona..

Love Never Lies: Poland season 1 (2023) (Polish) Six couples test their trust with an eye-scanning lie detector in this reality series where deception costs money, and the truth comes with a prize.

The Endless Night (2023) Limited Series (Brazilian) When a fire kills 242 people in a nightclub, all that the victims' parents can do is mourn... and fight for justice..

The Price of Family (2022) (Italian) Christian De Sica, Angela Finocchiaro, Dharma Mangia Woods and Claudio Colica star in this story about parents who trick their adult kids into visiting.

Added

Daniel Spellbound season 2 (2022) In New York City, a teenage tracker makes his living selling hard-to-find mystical items to sorcerers -- but dealing in magic can be risky business..

Record of Ragnarok season 2(2021) (Japanese) [New Episodes] Before eradicating humankind from the world, the gods give them one last chance to prove themselves worthy of survival. Let the Ragnarok battles begin!.

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Diarmuid73

The new series of Fauda is just class, the last 2 episodes to go tonight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,651 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Is Fauda nuanced in its depiction of the region's conflict? Given how widely praised it is, I'm assuming it's not just Israeli propaganda dressed up as gritty drama?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,543 ✭✭✭billyhead

What’s Coming to Netflix in Feb

February 1st

Adrian Dunbar’s Coastal Ireland (Season 1) – Docu-series joining host Adrian as he explores his home and roots.

All Eyes on Him (Season 1) – Animated Arabic series.

Come Play (2020) – Horror starring Gillian Jaco

Adrian Dunbar’s Coastal Ireland (Season 1) – Docu-series joining host Adrian as he explores his home and roots.

All Eyes on Him (Season 1) – Animated Arabic series.

Come Play (2020) – Horror starring Gillian Jacobs about a monster who manifests through smartphones and mobile devices.

Deadline (Limited Series) – Four-part mystery drama miniseries that aired on Channel 5. About a journalist who becomes fascinated by an enigmatic young widow.

Four Good Days (2020) – Mila Kunis stars in this Oscar-nominated drama about a mother helping her daughter work through four crucial days of recovery from substance abuse.

Girls5Eva (Seasons 1-2) – Now revived at Netflix, those in international regions (including the UK) will check out the Peacock comedy series about a one-hit-wonder girl group giving their musical careers another shot.

Gunther’s Millions (Limited Series) Netflix Original – A dog with a trust fund isn’t the strangest part of this story. Documentary series from director Aurelien Leturgie.

I Will Be Your Bloom (Season 1) – Japanese drama series about high school teacher becoming the manager of a failing boyband.

LEGO Friends: Heartlake Stories (Limited Series) – Kids animated series.

My Lover My Killer (Season 2) – British true-crime docuseries examining murder cases in which the victims meet tragic ends because of relationships that go very wrong.

Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (2003) – Arnold Schwarzenegger suits up for the first Terminator movie not directed by James Cameron.

Zoom: Academy for Superheroes (2006) – Tim Allen stars in this family movie looking to turn kids into bonefied superheroes.

February 2nd

Freeridge (Season 1) Netflix Original – Spin-off to On My Block with an all-new batch of teens.

MAKE MY DAY (Season 1) Netflix Original – Sci-fi anime series set on an ice planet where humans come across a strange monster.

February 3rd

Class (Season 1) Netflix Original – Indian series about three students from poor neighborhoods who join an exclusive high-class school. Akin to Elite.

Infiesto (2023) Netflix Original – Spanish crime movie.

Viking Wolf (2023) Netflix Original – Norweigen-based werewolf horror movie

True Spirit (2023) Netflix Original – Australia-produced movie about Jessica Watson, who sets out to sail around the world and break records.

February 8th

Bill Russell: Legend (2023) Netflix Original – Documentary on the legendary NBA player and philanthropist.

The Exchange (Season 1) Netflix Original 

February 9th

Dear David (2023) Netflix Original – Indonesian teen romance.

Dr. Jason Leong: Ride with Caution (2023) – Malaysian comedy stand-up special.

My Dad the Bounty Hunter (Season 1) Netflix Original – New animated series following the space adventures of two kids after discovering their dad is an intergalactic bounty hunter.

You (Season 4 – Part 1) Netflix Original – The first batch of episodes of Netflix’s drama with Joe headed to London.

February 10th

10 Days of a Good Man (2023) Netflix Original – Turkish mystery movie.

Love to Hate You (Season 1) Netflix Original – Korean romantic comedy series about two seemingly enemies forced to date each other.

Your Place or Mine (2023) Netflix Original – Ashton Kutcher and Reese Witherspoon star in this romantic comedy arriving just in time for Valentine’s Day.

February 13th

Squared Love All Over Again (2023) Netflix Original – Indonesian romance movie.

February 14th

All the Places (2023) Netflix Original – Two siblings who haven’t seen each other in 15 years mend their relationship while fulfilling a childhood dream: a motorcycle road trip through Mexico.

Robocar Poli: SongSong Museum (Season 1) – Kids animated series.

A Sunday Affair (2023) Netflix Original – Nollywood romance movie.

In Love All Over Again (Season 1) Netflix Original – Spanish romance series about Irene and Julio who have been falling in love, splitting up, and then trying again.

Jim Jefferies: High n’ Dry (2023) Netflix Original – Comedy stand-up special.

Perfect Match (Season 1) Netflix Original – Reality dating series.

Re/Member (2023) Netflix Original – Japanese teen horror movie.

February 15th

#NoFilter (Season 1) Netflix Original – Brazillian series about a young girl dropping out of college to become an influencer.

African Queens: Njinga (2022) Netflix Original – Jada Pinkett Smith EPs and stars in this new docuseries looking into the African Queens.

CoComelon (Season 7) – New season of the pre-school animated series.

Eva Lasting (Season 1) Netflix Original – A mysterious teen girl arrives at an all-boys school in 1970s Colombia, breaking stereotypes, rules… and a few hearts.

Full Swing (Season 1) Netflix Original – Sports golf docu-series.

The Law According to Lidia Poët (Season 1) Netflix Original – Forbidden from practicing law, a woman prepares to fight the court’s decision. Inspired by the true story of Lidia Poët, Italy’s first female lawyer

Red Rose (Season 1) – BBC teen series.

February 16th

Barbie Video Game Hero (Season 1) – Animated kids series.

Dead in Tombstone (2013) – Danny Trejo stars in this fantasy western where a fallen gang leader can enact revenge by making a pact with the devil.

Dearest (Season 1) – Japanese crime mystery series.

Dragonheart: Battle for the Heartfire (2017) – Fourth movie in the Dragonheart fantasy franchise starring Tom Rhys Harries, Jessamine-Bliss Bell, and Patrick Stewart.

Greg Davies Live – Firing Cheeseballs at a Dog (2011) – Comedy stand-up special.

I Am Bolt (2016) – Documentary on the legacy of the fastest man in history, Usain Bolt.

Racing Hearts (2014) – Jamie Dornan and Charlotte de Bruyne romance.

The Full-Time Escapist (Multiple Seasons) – Japanese romantic drama series.

The Upshaws (Part 3) Netflix Original – Multi-cam sitcom.

February 17th

A Girl and an Astronaut (Season 1) Netflix Original – Polish sci-fi series that sees an astronaut return home after 30 years while not aging a single day.

Community Squad (Season 1) Netflix Original – Argentinian series about a ragtag civilian patrol squad created to improve the image of the police force.

Ganglands (Season 2) Netflix Original – Return of the French action crime thriller series.

Unlocked (2023) Netflix Original – Korean sci-fi movie.

February 19th

Peter Rabbit 2: The Runaway (2021) – The sequel to the animated bunny adventure and in this entry, Peter heads to the big city.

Whindersson Nunes: Preaching to the Choir (2023) Netflix Original – Stand-up comedy special from Brazil.

February 22nd

Murdaugh Murders: A Southern Scandal (Season 1) Netflix Original – Crime docu-series.

Nocebo (2022) – Eva Green and Mark Strong star in this psychological thriller about a fashion designer being helped when ill with a mysterious cure.

The Strays (2023) Netflix Original – A light-skinned Black woman’s meticulously crafted life of privilege starts to unravel when two strangers show up in her quaint suburban town.

Triptych (Season 1) Netflix Original – Mexican series.

February 23rd

An Inconvenient Love (2022) – Filipino romantic comedy.

Call Me Chihiro (2023) Netflix Original – Japanese romantic drama.

Outer Banks (Season 3) Netflix Original – New adventures take the Pogues to the Caribbean and far beyond as the friends are pulled into a dangerous rival’s hunt for a legendary lost city.

That Girl Lay Lay (Season 2) Netflix Original – Kids multi-cam series.

February 24th

Formula 1: Drive to Survive (Season 5) Netflix Original – Docu-series recapping the 2022 Formula 1 World Championship.

Oddballs (Season 2) Netflix Original – Animated series.

We Have a Ghost (2023) Netflix Original – Based on a short story, this family comedy is about what happens when a family finds a ghost and goes viral online. Starring David Harbour and Anthony Mackie.

Who Were We Running From? (Season 1) Netflix Original – Turkish series.

February 28th

A Whole Lifetime with Jamie Demetriou (2023) Netflix Original – Stand-up comedy special.

Too Hot to Handle: Germany (Season 1) Netflix Original – Dating reality series.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

I tried Vesper, but lost interest after 20 minutes.

I see the new remaking of All Quiet on the Western Front is available on Netflix now.

(I have watched and did like the 1979 version)

It got 7.8 on IMDB. Worth a watch, all 2:28 hours of it?

Let's see...

Lockwood & Co. season 1 (2023) Based on Jonathan Stroud’s books, and written and directed by Joe Cornish, the series sees a girl with extraordinary psychic abilities join two gifted teen boys at a small ghost-hunting agency to fight the many deadly spirits haunting London. The detective thriller stars Ruby Stokes, Cameron Chapman, and Ali Hadji-Heshmati set to star alongside Ivanno Jeremiah, Luke Treadaway and Morven Christie.

The Snow Girl season 1 (2023) (Spanish) When a little girl goes missing during a parade in Málaga, a young newspaper journalist becomes fiercely determined to help Amaya's parents find her..

You People (2023) Families and cultures clash when two LA millennials from different backgrounds fall in love and face the ultimate relationship test: meeting the parents. Jonah Hill, Lauren London and Eddie Murphy star.

Kings of Jo'Burg season 2 (2020) The Masire brothers rule Johannesburg's criminal underworld, but a supernatural family curse and a tangled web of betrayal threaten to destroy them

All Na Vibes (2021) A party takes a dark turn for three teens who are forced to question their futures -- and friendship -- when a politician's daughter goes missing..

Added

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

My interest rose for Lockwood being from Joe Cornish, then lowered by its young cast and presumed YA origin and tone. Shame; was a similar reaction to The Midnight Club: ooh new thing from Mike Flanagan!! Oh, it's for/starring teenagers.

Post edited by pixelburp on

the reviews are pretty good for it so i'll give it a go

• Registered Users Posts: 31,828 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I have watched the first three episodes and it is enjoyable, the lead trio are very good and it's a really interesting premise.

I would say it skews pretty young. When it comes to Joe Cornish stuff I would say if you like the kid who would be king you might enjoy it.

Seven Pounds (2008) Weighed down by a dark secret, IRS agent Ben Thomas tries to improve the lives of seven strangers in need of a second chance.

Princess Power season 1 (2023) Princess friends from four different Fruitdoms -- Blueberry, Kiwi, Pineapple and Raspberry -- spring into action to make their worlds a better place...

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭One Who Waits...

Had the time to watch All Quiet on the Western Front yesterday afternoon. Bloody hell, it's grim. Not a big movie watcher but had to watch another movie last night just to push All Quiet out of my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

Not sure if anyone watched, but I thought Swedish 'Quicksand' was very good

watched it a while ago but the impressions still there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭Rfrip

The snow girl is very watchable

Pamela, a love story (2023) In her own words, through personal video and diaries, Pamela Anderson shares the story of her rise to fame, rocky romances and infamous sex tape scandal.

Barb Wire (1996) In the midst of a second American civil war, hired gun Barb Wire is drawn into the conflict by an old flame looking to thwart a fascist regime

Copenhagen Cowboy: Nightcall with Nicolas Winding Refn (2023) Show creator Nicolas Winding Refn and his team detail how they brought the stoic heroine and dark fairy tale version of Copenhagen's netherworld to life..

and a few korean series

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Debub

leans more towards 'Israeli propoganda...' than 'nuanced in its...' i would say, but definately watchable - good telly

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

physical 100 is crazy and hilarious at the same time. like a non deadly real version of squid game. we're loving it at home

• Advertisement

Girls5eva season 2 (2022) A one-hit wonder '90s girl group attempts a comeback while hilariously navigating family, relationships -- and the joys and pains of middle age.

Bad Day for the Cut (2017) A mild-mannered, middle-aged Irish farmer devoted to his mother embarks on a violent quest for revenge when she's murdered in a home invasion

Deadline season 1 (2022) A young widow rumored to have murdered her wealthy husband offers an irresistible -- and risky -- opportunity to a cynical but ambitious journalist.

Four Good Days (2020) A mother must help her estranged daughter through a crucial four days of recovery from substance abuse. Based on a true story.

LEGO Friends: Heartlake Stories (2022) Limited Series A group of big-hearted best friends go on adventures, solve problems and make the most of their beautiful home, Heartlake City..

Adrian Dunbar's Coastal Ireland (2021) 2 Episodes Actor Adrian Dunbar reconnects with his Irish roots as he explores the unique sights, history and delectable cuisine of coastal Ireland.

Zoom: Academy for Superheroes (2006) An out-of-practice superhero gets back into shape when a secret agency recruits him to turn a motley crop of teens into the next generation of heroes..

Come Play (2020) Desperate for a friend, a lonely boy finds refuge in his ever-present tablet -- along with a mysterious creature ready to enact a sinister desire..

Gunther's Millions (2023) Limited Series A dog with a trust fund isn't the strangest part of this story. Gunther's eccentric handler also lived a luxe life -- with a cult-like entourage.

Case Closed: The Culprit Hanzawa season 1 (2022) (Japanese) A silhouetted suspect moves to the crime-infested town of Beika with murder in mind, in this spinoff spoof of "Detective Conan."..

Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines (2003)

Cloverfield (2008)

Friends with Benefits (2011)

The Smurfs 2 (2013)

Smurfs: The Lost Village (2017)

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs (2009)

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 (2013)

The Vow (2012)

No Strings Attached (2011)

added

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Ah Terminator 3: a film that is genuinely brilliant in its last 10 minutes, to the extent it's an entirely different movie from the preceding runtime. And one of those sequels that has become retroactively better thanks to all the even shíttier follow-ups that came after it. Not good as such, just more accomplished and coherent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

I have four series in my Continue Watching List that that are ready to play their episodes - but I finished watching them several weeks ago.

I know how to remove them but does anyone know what causes this?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,929 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

if a person was more sympathetic towards the Palestinian side, would this not be a show for me ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭jj880

Was just about to say Netflix handing out some goodies recently to butter us up for the incoming password sharing ban but I see its mentioned in this link. Gona be a cancellation from us when it happens. Would be interesting to see the cancellation stats for their testing of it so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭garra

Fauda does not paint the operational tactics of Israeli defence forces in a nice light. It doesn't sugar coat anything, just tells the story primarily from the perspective of Israeli forces.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,929 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Possibly, as it is very clear how the Israeli's perform in the show. If you were already leaning towards the Paletinian perspective, it might reinforce your opiniion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭garra

I would never watch that type of show but can't stop watching this, the editing and replays of action along with the recorded commentary of contestants watching others do battle is slickly done. Some great characters among the contestants also. Wholesome yet entertaining

Advertisement