Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭Caquas

David Baddiel makes my point about Jews and civil rights but he also makes a broader criticism of You People.

The Jewish family are presented as “super-White” - the big winners in a racist society - and not as the eternal victims of prejudice. There is no mention of anti-semitism even though the Eddie Murphy character is a devout (and unapologetic) follower of Louis Farrakhan.

In a movie which painfully dissects every tine-deaf remark, this cannot be an innocent omission. Especially when it explicitly rejects an effort to compare the Holocaust and black slavery.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭bullpost

Same here. One of the things which helped get me though the Pandemic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Jarhead_Tendler

3rd season is the worst of the 3. Storylines and characters that go nowhere

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭dougm1970

been watching physical 100....a korean show where 100 contestants made up of some of the finest athletes in the country, from gymnastics to bodybuilders and mma...both men and women......pitted together in physical tests in an elimination tournament.

its ok....but it can get very long winded at times .... first challenge where there were 50 1on1 challenges went on and on so much it was a relief when the end came.

anyway....see how it goes as numbers whittle down.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Matthew McConaughey to Voice an 'Ass-Kicking' Secret Agent Elvis Presley in Netflix Adult Animated Series

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

full swing trailer

what a year to follow golf

out feb 15th

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,678 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

That Elvis thing looks like a hoot, i vaguely remember his CIA connections etc.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

It was really giving vibes of Archer, with its lead Spy being that mix of confident-but-somehow-wings-it, albeit without looking that funny. I presume it's mean to be a comedy! :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,715 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Watched I Came By last night.

Thought it was excellent all round. Very well executed thriller.

The Exchange season 1 (2023) (Arabic) Inspired by real events, two women set out to pioneer the cutthroat stock market of 1980s Kuwait -- and disrupt its corrupt boys club along the way....

Bill Russell: Legend (2023) 2 Episodes Winningest NBA champion and civil rights icon Bill Russell builds a larger-than-life legacy on and off the court in this biographical documentary.

Added

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Netflix has set a release date and revealed its first teaser for The Night Agent, the upcoming action-thriller from The Shield creator Shawn Ryan.

Based on the 2019 novel by Matthew Quirk, The Night Agent (which premieres with all 10 episodes on Thursday, March 23) follows “a low level FBI Agent (played by The Big C‘s Gabriel Basso) who works in the basement of the White House, manning a phone that never rings,” reads the official description, “until the night that it does, propelling him into a fast moving and dangerous conspiracy that ultimately leads all the way to the Oval Office.”

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

I think this is fantastic, but a quarter of the way through the first episode I realised 60% of each episode is total garbage and just replaying people talking to each other, and every action that happens 3 times in the tests - like the 80's Van Damme movies. So I have the remote in hand for fast forwarding large chunks of nothingness to get to the action!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,088 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

yeah the editing is very annoying. watched up to episode 5 last night and really enjoyed. still struggling to keep track of who is who

You season 4 (2023) Season 4 of the psychological thriller finds find Joe (Penn Badgley) in London, where he has reinvented himself as a college professor named Jonathan. He’s joined by loyal art gallery director Kate (Charlotte Ritchie), outspoken literature major Nadia (Amy Leigh Hickman), irreverent author Rhys (Ed Speleers), wild aristocratic socialite Phoebe (Tilly Keeper) and her boyfriend, Adam (Lukas Gage), entrepreneur Sophie (Niccy Lin) and her introverted author brother Simon (Aidan Cheng), uber-privileged Oxford grad Gemma (Eve Austin), potty-mouthed former sportsman Connie (Dario Coates) and Nigerian princess/cryptocurrency aficionado Blessing (Ozioma Whenu)

My Dad the Bounty Hunter season 1 (2023) An intergalactic bounty hunter takes dad duty to new extremes when his two kids accidentally hitch a ride with him to outer space.

The Real World (2013) 2 Seasons What happens when people stop being polite and start getting real? In this iconic, long-running reality series, strangers become roommates to find out...

Dr. Jason Leong: Ride With Caution (2023) In his latest stand-up special, former doctor Jason Leong shares his diagnoses on aging, the absurdity of middle-aged cycling enthusiasts and more..

She's the Man (2006) Teenage Viola tries to convince the students at her twin brother's school that she's actually him in this twist on Shakespeare's "Twelfth Night."..

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 5,048 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Watched seasons 2, 3 and 4 of Fauda in past few weeks. Season 2 was great, 3 was superb but I was a bit disappointed with 4. The story in 4 was a bit too complex, too many characters, locations, war room scenarios, too much Jason Bourne like scenes. The ending was just stupid. But season 3 was amazing, such a human tragedy story. The few episodes behind enemy lines were great.

Your Place or Mine (2023) Your Place or Mine follows Debbie (Reese Witherspoon) and Peter (Ashton Kutcher), who are best friends and total opposites. She craves routine with her son in LA; he thrives on change in NY. When they swap houses and lives for a week they discover what they think they want might not be what they really need.

Can You Keep a Secret? (2019) After sharing a heart-to-heart with a handsome stranger, Emma comes face-to-face with old vulnerabilities, new romance and, most importantly, herself..

Added

Love Is Blind season 3 (2023) Nick and Vanessa Lachey host this social experiment where single men and women look for love and get engaged, all before meeting in person..

My Lover My Killer season 2 (2022) This docuseries examines murder cases in which the victims meet tragic ends because of relationships that go very wrong..

Meet, Marry, Murder season 2 (2022) Follow these harrowing true crime cases centered around unsuspecting spouses who fell victim to their dangerous partners..

Medici season 3 (2019) In 15th-century Renaissance Florence, the visionary Medici dynasty flexes its power in politics and the arts, risking its rivals' lethal opposition..

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

The Volcano was a light Sunday morning watch :(

Some real heroes in it though including an Irish lad who was on his first day of work flying a helicopter

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,256 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

YOU - I enjoyed the first 3 seasons - Season 4 is half out (6 episodes), the second half at the end of the month I think. It's a 'who done it' this time and is a good watch if you liked it befiore.

• Advertisement

Squared Love All Over Again (2023) (Polish) A celebrity journalist and a down-to-earth teacher find their relationship in rocky waters when a job gets in the way of their new life together.

Added

Jim Jefferies: High & Dry (2023) No topic is off limits for Jim Jefferies as he muses on stoned koalas, his dad's vasectomy confusion and choosing between his hair and his sex drive.

Re/Member (2022) (Japanese) Six high schoolers stuck in a murderous time loop must find the scattered remains of an unknown victim to break the curse and finally see another day

In Love All Over Again season 1 (2023) (Spanish) Ever since they met, Irene and Julio have been falling in love, splitting up, and then trying again. Will they ever find their happy ending?..

The Romantics season 1 (2023) Featuring archival footage and in-depth celebrity interviews, this docuseries celebrates the life and legacy of Bollywood filmmaking titan Yash Chopra...

All the Places (2023) (Spanish) Two siblings who haven't seen each other in 15 years mend their relationship while fulfilling a childhood dream: a motorcycle road trip through Mexico.

Songbird (2020) In this thriller, a deadly COVID variant has incited unsettling martial law in LA, forcing an immune courier to race to save his girlfriend.

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 31,801 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

This has been added today looks kind of sweet

Full Swing season 1 (2023) This immersive documentary series follows a diverse group of professional golfers -- on and off the course -- during a relentless season of competition..

The Law According to Lidia Poët season 1 (2023) (Italian) In this gripping period drama, Lidia Poët investigates murders while fighting to practice law. Inspired by the true story of Italy's first female lawyer

Eva Lasting season 1 (2023) (Spanish) A mysterious teen girl arrives at an all-boys school in 1970s Colombia, breaking stereotypes, rules... and a few hearts.

#NoFilter season 1 (2023) (Brazilian) Bored with her studies, Marcely drops out of college to chase a new goal in life: becoming an influencer. But life online is harder than it looks

African Queens: Njinga (2023) 4 Episodes Executive produced and narrated by Jada Pinkett Smith, this docuseries about warrior Queen Njinga of Angola features expert interviews and reenactments.

Competencia oficial (2022) ( Spanish) In this satire on filmmaking, an auteur preps her two famous but polar-opposite leading men for a film shoot via absurd acting exercises and mind games

Added

The Upshaws (2023) 3 Parts A working-class Black family in Indiana strives for a better life and a happy home while juggling everyday struggles in this comedy series..

Aggretsuko season 5 (2023) (Japanese) Frustrated with her thankless office job, Retsuko the red panda copes with her daily struggles by belting out death metal karaoke after work..

The Boss (2016)

ID2: Shadwell Army (2016)

Murder on the Home Front (2013)

Wild Bill (2011)

Pitch Perfect 3 (2017)

Hannibal (2001)

Bridesmaids (2011)

Don't Be a Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice in the Hood (1996)

Greg Davies Live: Firing Cheeseballs at a Dog (2011)

Greg Davies Live: The Back of My Mum's Head (2013)

I Am Bolt (2016)

Racing Hearts (2014)

Dead in Tombstone (2013)

Gareth Thomas: HIV and Me (2019)

Black Sea (2015)

Dragonheart: Battle for the Heartfire (2017)

October Sky (1999)

Patch Adams (1998)

Over the Hedge (2006)

Robin Hood (2010)

Added

A Girl and an Astronaut season 1 (2023) (Polish) An astronaut's return after a 30-year disappearance rekindles a lost love and sparks interest from a corporation determined to learn why he hasn't aged.

Unlocked (2022) (Korean) A woman's life is turned upside-down when a dangerous man gets a hold of her lost cell phone and uses it to track her every move.

Kath & Kim: 20th Anniversary Specials (2022) 2 Episodes Grab a glass of chardonnay and settle in for a special blend of hilarious new scenes alongside celebrity tributes and bloopers from the iconic sitcom

Ganglands season 2 (2021) (French) To protect his family from a powerful drug lord, skilled thief Mehdi and his expert team of robbers are pulled into a violent and deadly turf war...

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 28,776 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Didn't notice the button missing. Think I tried it once. Might have gotten more use if it gave something from My List instead of a random show I had no intention of watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,715 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

I never saw it on my account.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,256 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Ganglands Season 2, much the same as season 1, a watchable enough show.

• Advertisement

Peter Rabbit 2 (2021) Peter and his rabbit family leave Thomas and Bea's garden for the city. When they get into trouble, Peter needs help from old friends to save the day.

Added

Advertisement