Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Recommendations Thread 3.0

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Zack Snyder's Rebel Moon trailer

Extraction 2 - (Official Trailer)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,724 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Teaser is right; zero footage of the new movie, just a replay of the final moments from the first.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Quite a few of them look like knock offs of other things. That Millie Bobbie Brown one, Damsel, sounds and looks like The Princess that Hulu released last year. There's one about the prescription drug addiction plague in the US, Hulu also had DopeSick last year.

Fincher's The Killer with Fassbender and Tilda Swinton has a November release, might be fishing for awards season there.

The one with Gal Gadot and Jamie Dornan just sounds abysmal. No harm to him, he seems a nice chap, but he's about on her level for charisma and acting ability.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,724 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Apart from the obvious explanation, the continued existence of Gadot's career defies basic logic. I did notice they briefly name-checked The Cloned Tyrone, which had been advertised previously and looked a little more imaginative than the big ticket stuff.

• Advertisement

That '90s Show season 1 (2023) This legacy sequel series from That 70s Show creators Bonnie Turner and Terry Turner will see Kurtwood Smith and Debra Jo Rupp reprise their roles as Red Forman and Kitty Forman. Set in 1995, it follows Leia Forman, daughter of Eric and Donna, who is visiting her grandparents for the summer, where she bonds with a new generation of Point Place kids under the watchful eye of Kitty and the stern glare of Red.

Junji Ito Maniac: Japanese Tales of the Macabre season 1 (2023) (Japanese) From the mind of horror manga maestro Junji Ito comes a spine-tingling selection of some of his most bizarre, disturbing and terrifying tales.

Women at War season 1 (2022) (French) France, 1914. As the German troops advance and men leave for the frontlines, four women must grapple with the devastating consequences of war at home..

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 12,270 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭jj880

90s show better have done their homework 😂

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 10,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Junji Ito Maniac: Japanese Tales of the Macabreseason 1 (2023) (Japanese) From the mind of horror manga maestro Junji Ito comes a spine-tingling selection of some of his most bizarre, disturbing and terrifying tales.

This is by far the most interesting thing coming to Netflix in the near future for me, so I'm hoping it's good. Ito's manga is great, so I have high hopes for the adaptations...

All the players from the Match Point documentary seem to be cursed now. Only 2 of them still in the Australian Open after 2 rounds. Even Nadal, who wasn't a featured subject, but still featured heavily, is out, and injured.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,749 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I think that is a tad harsh on Dornan.

He can be good in the right project, the fall he was excellent in same with the tourist. Belfast he was grand in as well.

He needs to pick better film and TV, ideally where he doesn't have to do an accent...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

He's also great in Barb And Star Go To Vista Del Mar

He was fine in S1 of The Fall where all he had to do was lurk around and breathe heavily. He was alright in Belfast, but he wasn't really asked to do much, and was acted off the screen by Balfe in every scene they shared.

Maybe saying he's as bad as Gadot is harsh, but the two of them leading a film doesn't sound like a winner to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Can't see myself watching anymore of That 90s Show.

The love I have for Kitty and Red just won't do it for me.

JUNG_E (2023) (Korean) In a post-apocalyptic near-future, a researcher at an AI lab leads the effort to end a civil war by cloning the brain of a heroic soldier -- her mother.

Yeon Sang-ho, creator of Train to Busan and Netflix hit Hellbound, ponders the nature of existence while smashing things up in this dystopian sci-fi tale. The brain of comatose war hero Jung Yi (Kim Hyun-joo) is uploaded 40 years later into a series of experimental combat robots, RoboCop-style, as a war between Earth and space colonists rages. Her daughter, Seo-Hyun (Kang Soo-yeon), is the lead researcher but becomes concerned about how her mother’s body is being exploited by the corporation that owns it. The android-on-android action arrives late in the day, but it’s worth it (The Guardian)

Fauda season 4 (2023) (Hebrew) A top Israeli agent comes out of retirement to hunt for a Palestinian fighter he thought he'd killed, setting a chaotic chain of events into motion.

Booba season 5 (2022) The world is a mystery to little Booba. But he approaches the curiosities around him with wonder, finding adventure in his everyday surroundings.

Bake Squad season 2 (2021) Expert bakers elevate desserts with next-level ideas and epic execution. Now the battle is on to win over clients in need of very special sweets..

Represent season 1 (2023) A youth center leader from the suburbs of Paris becomes a candidate in the presidential election. But is France truly ready for a Black president?.

Shanty Town season 1(2023) A group of courtesans attempts to escape the grasp of a notorious kingpin - but political corruption and blood ties make freedom a near-impossible goal

Bling Empire: New York season 1 (2023) Dorothy Wang, Tina Leung, Lynn Ban and more star in this soapy spinoff of the hit reality series Bling Empire.

In Line (2017) A convicted murderer gets out of prison and reunites with his wife, who is plotting revenge against him after years of physical and emotional abuse.

Added

Post edited by peteeeed on

• Registered Users Posts: 43,758 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Definitely best watched solely for nostalgia..

.. new cast are just too young - so make it feel like a glorified Nickelodeon show really!

Topher Grace was 20 when he started on That 70's Show.. these kids look to be all in their early teens.

I know she was the exception but I think Mila Kunis was only 14 when it started.

Vesper (2022) After the collapse of Earth's ecosystem, 13-year-old Vesper must use her wits and bio-hacking skills to fight against tyranny for an uncertain future.

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba season 2 (2021) (Japanese) After a demon attack leaves his family slain and his sister cursed, Tanjiro embarks upon a perilous journey to find a cure and avenge those he's lost

Added

Oh, that's a surprise. Vesper was an interesting movie with a great premise and rather fantastic FX given the presumably tiny budget. Story kinda ran out of road after about halfway though, felt like after coming up with the world the writers didn't know what to do with the concept.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,022 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

5 episodes into Season 4 of Fauda ( 12 episodes) and it is very good. Definitely worth watching.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Agreed, I got a few in today and I'm totally all in as I was the previous three

• Registered Users Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭appledrop

Started Women at War loving it, a bit Deja Vue at times because three of main actresses were also in Bonfire of Destinty!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,028 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

I watched season 1 a long time ago and liked it. Is 2 and 3 good??

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,022 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Yes they are. I reckon season 4 might become my favourite.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭Masala

a Thumbs Up for the latest Fauda ...

Narvik (2022) (Norwegian) Against the backdrop of the WWII battle known as Hitler's first defeat, a Norwegian soldier returns home and learns a shocking truth about his wife..

Added

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭billyhead

Agree about Fauda. It's very good. I must watch season 4.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I am sleep deprived because of it, get stuck in, it's excellent

George Lopez: Why You Crying? (2005) George Lopez unpacks his experiences growing up in Los Angeles in this special that tackles family dynamics, deep insecurities and many other topics

Physical: 100 season 1 (2023)[12] (Korean) One hundred contestants in top physical shape compete in a series of grueling challenges to claim the honor -- and cash reward -- as the last one standing.

Black Sunshine Baby (2022) Family memories and personal art movingly portray author and motivational speaker Aisha Chaudhary's journey with an immune disorder and terminal illness..

Added

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Mo is a comedy about a Kuwaiti asylum seeker living in the US. A ball of laughs? Not bad, not bad at all. 😋

Advertisement