Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gran Turismo 7

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,567 ✭✭✭quokula

I'm in if it's the full game. Not if it's just one special very limited VR mode that's separate from the rest of the game like they had in GT Sport with PSVR 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,765 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I'd assume the latter, but I'll be happily surprised if it's the former! Now it's definitely time to get a seat/rig for the Logitech. Looks good in the very limited and not very racey video above.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

They've announced it will be full game on PSVR2 (minus the local splitscreen). Exciting times

• Registered Users Posts: 8,936 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

I've got mine pre-ordered, was hoping for the full single player game in vr but to have the online modes too is a real plus. This gives me hope that other racing games should be able to add vr modes without too much fuss, specifically the best WRC and F1 games from codemasters.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

• Advertisement

Yeah, I'm actually shocked it's basically the full game in VR. And there just happens to be ads to the right here advertising a chair/stand setup, which is all I'm missing now... Granted, what's being advertised is will outside my budget, but I need to get me a wheel seat/stand!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭EoinHef

I feel like the graphics in the game are good but kinda had a feeling they could have made them better, it makes sense really when it was probably always going to be on VR so they left some headroom.

I'd love to try it in VR with my wheel but yeah, VR is just to expensive for me. I had a rift a few years ago when they went really cheap in a summer sale but just didn't get the use to justify keeping it

The previews for this are fairly glowing

Sounds good. I am excite.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Had the PSVR2 pre ordered in the hopes GT7 would have a decent experience. But the whole game in VR is amazing.

Now I need to decide if I need a steering wheel too 😂

• Advertisement

I was trying to set the gold time in the latest online time trial yesterday. I had set a time of two minutes using my wheel setup after a few laps but then had to go and do something else. Later on that night I had the console downstairs and it was too late/noisy to use the wheel so I decided to give it a go on the controller. I found it impossible, when I finally got round the track without crashing I managed a 2:06. I got the 1:57 required earlier today on the wheel.

Definitely get yourself a wheel setup 😀

Some asshole went and set a new world record with a day to go. My time is now 0.014 outside the gold time.

😡

• Registered Users Posts: 11,573 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

A scapes photo I took:

Even VR aside this looks like quite a good update, will definitely be getting that 60s F1 car.

Another 911. Sehr gut!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,752 ✭✭✭✭flazio

In Gran Turismo 1 and 2, they could only bring in the Porsches under the RUF brand so they're making up for lost time.

I love racing at Grand Valley.

Not bad at all:

TIL those engines you can win on roulette can actually be used for engine swaps. I was wondering what the point of them was, thinking a replacement engine is a really **** 6 star reward when it's very unlikely I'd put enough mileage on the specific car I got a prize for to warrant a new engine, so I googled and discovered they are actually special engines that can be put in compatible cars and this is the only way to get them.

I then went and found one in my inventory that said Supra, found a compatible Supra in my garage, installed it and nothing changed. Because of course I'd replaced a Supra engine with the same Supra engine. A bit more googling and I realised what I was supposed to do was put it in a different compatible car such as a Yaris to transform its performance. Of course the only way to know what cars are compatible is either pure trial and error or again turning to google.

Polyphony really could have explained this better. Or at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭EoinHef

I've ever only got one of those engines in probably 150hr+ in the game, was for a VW Camper Van......

• Advertisement

The extra menu books for collecting sets of cars mostly give roulette tickets that give specific parts or engines. I had 5 and I think they all came from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,813 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Those roulette-exclusive upgrades are just so frustrating, and that's before you factor in the stink of "surprise mechanics". It's all the more frustrating when you consider that you only get XP for acquiring new cars. Forza had a "manufacturer affinity" stat a few games back, where you'd accumulate XP for each manufacturer and get bonus prize money and discounted parts for doing so. It would make so much sense to bring that into GT, and that's before you tie in any esports with it.

I've realised I can play the game in VR for decent periods of time without feeling ill as long as there are no big elevation changes on the track. I was able to do concurrent 10 lap races of both Monza and Daytona yesterday no problem which is a big improvement over feeling sick after two laps of somewhere else.

Other than the oval type tracks where would you go next? I'm thinking the Le Mans track is fairly flat but slightly uphill at the start, would probably be a good place to try some small elevation changes.

Goodwood perhaps

• Registered Users Posts: 11,813 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Tsukuba's handy if you want to chuck some of the slower cars around.

I'm loving this week's Daily Race A. 5 laps around Monza in the 65 Honda F1 car. Cockpit view is a must. Mind the sausage kerbs though, you will get flipped.

Well, I decided to splash out on a Lamborghini or two.

2009 Murcielago with 45,160 km on the clock for 332,300 Cr.

1988 25th Anniversary Countach with 36,724 km on the clock for 695,900 Cr.

Some scapes I took:

• Advertisement

Just won this on the roulette wheel:

Advertisement