Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gran Turismo 7

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,139 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I do some through some discord servers, just set up a private lobby and send invites

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Is the contact bad online? I still play with the racing line and brake alerts on, might still make the odd mistake and hit someone. Likely to get flamed for it?

Do people actually take care not to hit each other?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,643 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I took part in 55 races in sport mode and there was always drivers making contact. You can always try sport mode for yourself and see if it is for you.

I mean just in the general multiplayer mode or these leagues. Haven't managed to do an online race yet, can never be bothered waiting for the races to end.

Oh okay. I only raced in sport mode in multiplayer and setup a private room so me and a few other boardsies could race. There was some dirty racing in the latter too, but it was cool racing against them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,843 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

IME, the only time I've seen flaming is when someone tries their best impression of the start of the 1990 Japanese GP.

I can barely remember any leagues where people don't take care to hit each other. When you're racing each other week in, week out, it's not like you can punt someone off safe in the knowledge you'll only get a 5 second penalty for your troubles, and have a 10% chance of racing against your victim any time soon.

Ended up picking up a G29 for this, makes it so much more fun. Might have to pick up a play seat though, table experience isn't amazing, bit unsteady when doing hard turns.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,813 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I was in Limerick yesterday and if I could have found one in a shop, I would have bought the Playseat Challenge. No joy. Smyths only have 2 in a store in Santry. The spontaneous purchase is gone off me now. I'm keeping an eye for a sale, €250 is a tasty amount.

But I'm playing this more lately, the time trials are something different at least from my usual 2 race grind sessions. Didn't realise the qualifying times change! Have silver in the GTR one again, but with a month left it'll probably kick me into bronze again. The new one I'm close to silver so will get back to it. Still bronze in the weekly one.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭flazio

The gold, silver and bronze times are based on how close you are to the world record time. The benchmark tends to be set pretty quickly and stays pretty consistent barring the odd tenth of a second. You're not going to find someone turning up and shaving 2 seconds at this stage. Your money is reasonably safe. Was glad to see the back of the Lambo at Bathurst challenge. 1.23 was the cut off and I couldn't get above 1.25

• Advertisement

Maserati 😁 and it was woeful! Enjoying the 330 p4 around Monza as it's my favourite ferrari ever

Amazon have them, think that's where I'll order mine from.

did the pick-up menu book this morning, wow those yokes are horrible to drive. 5 laps of Daytona too, mind numbing.

I got an invite to buy a Bugatti VGT Gr1 for 1 million coins, what’s the consensus on these? Should I be using the invites while I can?

Put it this way, that bugatti is part of the menu books (#15), plus the veyron too. I can't remember how I got mine, but if you don't get it now, you may be a while waiting for another invite to buy it. I'm waiting 6 months for a bugatti invite so I can get that Veyron and complete my (current) menu books

Sounds like I should just buy it then. I think I have until 21/9.

Really getting addicted to this but so many of the American tracks are crap. I hate all the speedway races, just a loop with nothing interesting.

You will need that '13 veyron too for your menu books so maybe budget for that.

Daytona Road course is a great one, as are Road Atlanta, Watkins Glen, Interlagos (the the BOP is graded) and Laguna Seca. All of the Willow Spring courses however can eat of bowl of hot dicks

I just did the Special Stage Route X. Basically just put foot on floor for 5 mins.

Problem I have with these tracks is you basically need to bump your PP up to win, so much straight line racing it’s just about maxing top speed.

Agree on Willow Springs, absolutely hate that one too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Special stage Route X is basically Velodrome racing, it's all about the slip stream management and getting the leapfrog timing just right.

Do any of you visit the used car shop? I bought a good few motors there, but I always change the oil when I get them.

I think it would be more fun if it was a grid start rather than rolling start. Cars would at least be bunched together then, more overtaking possible.

• Advertisement

Yeah the PP-enforced races are terrible as they're hackable and there are upgrades/parts that dont have an impact on your PP but greatly affect your performance, and basically the AI runs with stock cars. That's why BOP is much better racing, well as good as you can get with GT's woeful AI. Have started with ACC, and the contrast between the AI there and Polyphony's is night and day

I'm now ~0.7 off silver on the Ferrari and Gr2 ones. I should manage them before they end. Pretty happy with the silver for the Red Bull GTR one. I think I need to spend another 6 or 8 million before I reach Level 50... grindtastic.

This game desperately needs a weather forecast before you start a race.

Was flying along in 2nd place in a 5 lap race around Spa, last lap it starts raining heavy and I can’t go over 60kmh without spinning out, end up finishing 8th.

How are you supposed to pick your tyres in this game?

Weather conditions, if dynamic for the race, will change for each time you enter the race, also learn to use your weather radar on your mfd

The MFD though is only after you've started the race. Having to pit to change tyres in a 5 lap race seems bizarre, no?

Speaking of pitting, I recently did 2 more shots at the 30-min Circuit de la Sarthe. I think that's the one anyway. I was in first, needed to get one more stop in for one more lap of fuel (my own mistake). I was 24 seconds in front. I pitted. I got overtaken by 2 in the pit lane and they also left before me, even though I stayed for a refuel of 1 lap worth. Why does the pitting take so freaking long on that track? I'm watching the pit crew waiting for upwards of 30 seconds before the car even shows up. It's a bit easy in the Swift, but I've tried it with the Genesis and just can't keep up.

Was trying the Tokyo one with the AMG GTR but always coming short at second. Recently done up an Evo IV following some settings guide for some lad who used his Makkinen Evo (I'm not touching my one, OG FTW). Easily winning now with 30+ seconds of a gap, 4WD is just so much more fun for racing, especially 4WD drifting around the final hairpin!

This also leads to an issue I have with the game. It's hard to be able to just pick a different car and win. You need to be able to understand the modifications. I have an R33 with all the upgrades I could afford, and it wasn't half as fast as this half upgraded Evo, but I know it's due to gearing or some other settings I don't understand. Great for people who are into it, but for casual play it's too much. While I wouldn't really mind experimenting, the credit rewards for the time given is pathetic so it puts me off experimenting.

Its randomised. So check it on your first lap, if the forecast isn't good, jump out of the race and re-enter until you get a better weather forecast

Lads I can't decide between forking out for a Playseat Challenge or just buying a much cheaper wheel stand. Anyone have any views on this?

The important thing for me is I need to be able to quickly put it up / take it down and it be as small as possible to store. I play in the siting room on the couch which is why I was leaning toward the PlaySeat as not sure wheel stand on the couch would be great. Also heard some wheel stands take a bit of time to fold away?

But it is a lot more money...

I'd a wheel stand for about 8 months and for what it was, it was fine. But without the whole seat,pedals, and wheel being on the whole joined system it can really shift around when driving the wheel. For example, when you press hard on the brakes, the force then moves the wheel base forward, or whatever you're sitting on back. Same applies if you've to countersteer 'vigorously', if the wheel base isn't joined to what ever you're sitting on, then that can cause the wheel stand to lean over. Newtons laws and all that.

You really can't go wrong with a playseat if you're using it on a casual basis, like in your sitting room. I've mine there, and I can fold it down and under a bench I have here and you wouldn't know I have it here when it's tucked away

• Advertisement

How long does it take to put the play seat up / fold it away? I assume there's no screwing required, just a few straps, so what, like 30 seconds or so?

Advertisement