Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gran Turismo 7

1141516171820»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,294 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I assume because a lot of us grew up with the OG GT's and they were all about road cars, cars one could actually afford in real life (as far as my memory goes anyway). I'm still waiting for them to add the Mitsubishi Galant!! And a few Mirages/Colts wouldn't go astray. More 90s cars please! Seems to be a consensus among fans too, the road cars are just more fun, unique and don't all more or less feel the same. I get the BOP thing, but road cars will always be better fun to drive, especially in VR.

Got my Master IA licence last night. Have the first time trial for the Master Super just 0.4 seconds off gold, but something tells me it's gonna take a while to get all gold…

Sweet. I correctly predicted the Nations Cup winner so got a nice mill. Then the 2 viewer roulette tickets bagged me a Toyota TS030 Hybrid '12 and a Lamborghini Veneno '14! Roulette tickets didn't disappoint for once twice.

(I'm crap at photos)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,041 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I would love to see this coming to the game:

The Panoz Esperante GTR-1.

The sound 🤩😍🤩

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,399 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

So, @Jordan 199 how's GT7 compared to Forza (since I no longer have an XBox) ? Might get this when it's next on sale.

I prefer GT7 to the latest Forza Motorsport game. That's all I'm saying about that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 446 ✭✭chonix

At around 8:35…. whoa; you can really feel that roar!

Nice find! Haven't had that car in my radar; been lately fixed in Sauber / Nissan GR1 cars…

So I won the Toyota TS030 Hybrid. A very very good car to drive.

And here it is next to the GT-One (TS020):

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,735 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Loving the new physics model in the update this morning, new track and cars too

• Advertisement

The cars bounce more and it gives you a better feeling of the contact you have with the road, far more an ACC feel if you've played it

Well that bouncing comment, given the suspension glitch, aged like milk. However I took the McLaren F1 road car around the nordschleife, against sophy, in vr, at night, with all the hud turned off, I highly recommend you give it a go if you've both the psvr2 and Macca, stunning

• Registered Users Posts: 6,292 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Finding it difficult to get comfortable with the new physics. Took the Gallardo out, think it comes with Sport Hard, and it just understeers like crazy and braking without ABS in particular is very unforgiving with locking up, but the grip is there for the acceleration. Normally if the understeer or brakes locking up was that bad, it wouldn't have grip for acceleration either.

Same with the KTM X-bow which usually handles well. My RX8 handles like an absolute track weapon, it's one of the only cars where I notice it has really good turn in on top of just handling really well in general. If that fails me, then I know it's a case of going back to basics and relearning everything!

I had to buy the Impreza:

Funny, I took the Gallardo out without knowing about the physics update and I thought she was welded to the road. Accelerate to grip kinda job! Well impressed with it and all assists off. Cars do feel a bit more floaty, but I like it. I did buy it second hand, if that makes any difference. Stupid head thought if they're in second hand they can't be in new…

Now if only they'd improve the AI so it didn't stick to it's driving line even if you're in it…

• Registered Users Posts: 6,292 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

That's the funny thing, dirt racing is a huge improvement. Cars have a really nice weight to them and you can get around a corner without powersliding, I often found I had to really drop the throttle to get through turns on dirt if I didn't want to powerslide as it would just slow me down. Great improvement there.

I'm going to step down and try a few 400-500p races to get a feel for things. I've had snap oversteer a few times too so I just need to get used to a feathering things a bit more until I get a feel for it.

• Advertisement

The default set up for the lambo is too low, raise it up a bit and it should handle better. As for ABS, I wouldn't be taking that off at all except for immersion in cars that didn't have it as standard. Gave the rx8 a go there and it's a lot more improved and far closer to how it drives in real life (owned one for 4 years and I still miss it)

Still waiting for a car I owned to show up. Nothing so far… closest is the ST Focus that's the same shape as my mams 1.0 version! Really hope they throw in an 8th gen Galant at some stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭brady12

Back playing this again doing menu books having not really played it in 2 years .. such a great game even though re learning game not easy 😂

I hate the Group B races in the weekly challenges 🤬

You're not the only one. Either I'm really bad at them or... those friggin hairpins!!!

• Advertisement

We should maybe practice and do a few races on them until we get the hang of it ;)

Advertisement