Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭roosterman71

But using "televised" in darts talk means it's a super competitive competition

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭boomdocker

ok, ok an uncompetitive, televised exhibition 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 39,505 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Haha

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭US3

The girl that played for China at the 2019 world cup has died at only 31.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

Seen that. Also hit a near perfect 9 darter online few months ago

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

She seemed like she had the makings of a very good player. I remember that she celebrated the Swiss player missing a double in the World Cup.

31 is very young. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 37,888 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

'Sapphire Princess 'Sarah Milkowski'

Sky would be jumping hoops if she will ever make it big

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

She's rubbish, unfortunately. Doesn't even enter the women's series.

I take that back, Milkowski has entered the upcoming four Women's Series events. As has Paula Jacklin! I never thought we would see her play in a PDC event.

• Advertisement

They've changed the world cup to all pairs. Brilliant move which most fans have been crying out for. 40 teams aswell .

https://www.pdc.tv/news/2023/03/09/world-cup-darts-expanded-radical-new-format-announced

Great decision. Really improves the tournament in my opinion.

Interesting interview with Matt Porter on the weekly darts cast. He says the Grand Prix won't be returning to Ireland but they're going to hold some other event here in 2024, they're currently talking with venues.

Have to presume it's going to be a world series or euro tour event.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

9 darter for Fallon today on challenge tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Just seen that, 1st woman to do it I assume?

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Yeah, first on PDC circuit anyway. Fair play to her, she’s copping a lot of flak lately. She does come up with some big moments even if she’s not a consistently great player.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

brendon dolan nailed one over the weekend , willie o'connor today

• Registered Users Posts: 17,837 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

See Aidy Lewis taking a break from the game. Can't believe it's gone so wrong for him.

Seen that, still only in his thirties despite been around forever

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭buster180

The eight players for the upcoming Women's World Matchplay have been confirmed after this weekends Women's Series Events. The draw is done by ranking so we know who is playing who as well. Draw is as follows:

2023 Betfred Women's World Matchplay

Sunday July 23

Draw Bracket

(1) Beau Greaves v (8) Noa-Lynn van Leuven

(4) Robyn Byrne v (5) Rhian O'Sullivan

(2) Mikuru Suzuki v (7) Aileen de Graaf

(3) Fallon Sherrock v (6) Lisa Ashton

It is a much stronger field that last years tournament in my opinion and it's great to see Robyn Byrne in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭roosterman71

Greaves should walk away with it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

I think Aileen got lucky that her £1500 from the back half of last year lifted her into seed 7 over Noa-Lynn, she might have a chance at making the final as opposed to an almost guaranteed QF exit.

Willie drawn against James Wade in tomorrow's euro event. O'Connor needs a good run to get into the matchplay

Had a walk around Ally Pally complex when I was over in London last weekend. Very impressive place

The PDC contract is up at the end of the 2024/25 championship. Wonder will they move somewhere else then. The O2 or Wembley Arena could be tricky enough getting the availability

Hard to see the PDC rushing back to Citywest either for the GP

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭bassy

No way will the leave the palace it is the iconic venue home to the worlds at Xmas,I would not be happy if the ever even taught about leaving the palace

Very true and as an added bonus the WDF have there world championships the start of December now

I'd say the Ally Pally train station is sum sight to see on dart nights

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭bassy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,311 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

I'd expect it to be a commercial decision, in the same way they left the iconic Circus Tavern. If they can get a better deal from someone else or if they feel they can sell more tickets than the 3,000 limit of the West Hall at AP etc. I doubt they feel any loyalty to the venue. I'd liken it to the same way the Gibraltar events (darts, snooker, pool) got abandoned once the government incentive money stopped.

Having said that, I'd be surprised if they can't reach agreement to keep it there.

Advertisement