Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Scoundrel

You call yourself a darts fan yet seem to think more players getting a pay day
    more players getting tv time and exposure, to which leads to experience is a bad thing ?

If the Worlds went to 128 I still would watch,

The world champs serves to promote the game as well

TV companies are happier it runs longer
    fans are happier there is more opportunities to attend
    players are happy to be involved
    Sponsors of players are happy to be getting exposure.

Never understood this mentality that players playing on tv is a bad thing

I disagree the more dross that's let in to the tournament the poorer it gets extremely one sided matches comical first round ties etc it does no one any good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

no no no...that would be the logical thing for someone like him who obviously does not the larger field.
    Here, stop getting so antagonistic towards me because I have a different opinion to you. If you're not able accept other people's opinions then a public forum is probably not the best place for you.
    Scoundrel wrote: »
    I disagree the more dross that's let in to the tournament the poorer it gets extremely one sided matches comical first round ties etc it does no one any good.
    This is what I'm on about. Just because it's the World Championship doesn't mean the whole world should automatically partake. Too many players waters down the quality, and I would apply that to the Football world cup and euros also. It is biggest darts major yet it is probably the easiest to qualify for.
    The 32 qualifiers is bit much too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Justin Credible Darts

Here, stop getting so antagonistic towards me because I have a different opinion to you. If you're not able accept other people's opinions then a public forum is probably not the best place for you.

says the guy who has a problem with my opinion
    speak about zero self awareness.

As said earlier, if you think there is too many players, then dont watch the earlier rounds.

I am sure the players, who matter more than you, are happier the field is larger. thankful for the exposure, as are their sponsors, the prize fund growing, and the standard is increasing year on year.

But I guess they should stop because you dont like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

says the guy who has a problem with my opinion
    speak about zero self awareness.

As said earlier, if you think there is too many players, then dont watch the earlier rounds.

I am sure the players, who matter more than you, are happier the field is larger. thankful for the exposure, as are their sponsors, the prize fund growing, and the standard is increasing year on year, so that rubbishes your argument it makes the standard worse

I don't have a problem with your opinion, I respect it. I don't respect the way you've gone about trying to make me look like an idiot.
    You call yourself a darts fan
    no no no...that would be the logical thing for someone like him who obviously does not the larger field.
    I am sure the players, who matter more than you,

darts is more important to the players that play the game than you.
    Thats a fact, and if that hurts your feelings then tough.

What type of fan of darts are you if you want less players on tv when the standard is increasing year on year.

Do you have some issue with facts ?
    why not have a cry about my blog again to deflect.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

MOD NOTE: Justin your posting style again leaves a lot to be desired. You can make your point without making it personal. Stop baiting other posters please.

Kingp35 wrote: »
    MOD NOTE: Justin your posting style again leaves a lot to be desired. You can make your point without making it personal. Stop baiting other posters please.

How did I make it personal ?

Its a fact players in the pdc take priority in the worlds than him you or I.
    How is it personal to claim more players earning money is a bad thing.

Are we not allowed question a person who clearly despises more darts on tv now ?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Are we not allowed question a person who clearly despises more darts on tv now ?

Of course you can question a poster, it's how you question them that's the issue.

If you have a problem with how the darts forum is modded then take it to PM please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

First event of the year on this weekend the masters, a bad tournament really but looking foward to seeing how mvg goes with new darts ,hes on really likes winning this, going for 6 in a row I think. and looking foward to hearing Wright announced as world champion.

a Grand Slam spot for both finalists as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭bassy

camera work is dyer on itv 4

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

bassy wrote: »
    camera work is dyer on itv 4

Just came in to say the same. MvG going for a 170 and the camera stays on the 60 after the first 2 went in :o

MvG looks a shell of the player he was.

Edit: Takes out 164 to save the game :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭hawkwing

Ferret on fire.MVG gone and doesn't look much like an almost unbeatable world no.1 anymore.

mvg has not played well for a long time and by that I mean he,s no where near the awesum player he was 2 or 3 trs ago.hes a shadow of he,s former self.

Cross woeful again.Watching him for weeks on end in the Premier league on that form isn't something to look forward to--not that i will anyway:o He could almost take the "flash" nickname from Dudbridge as he is starting to look like a flash in the pan now and it would suit an electrician :o.

lewis needs to sort himself out health wise,the man is doing all the wrong things off the board.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭boomdocker

The state of Chizzy with the Dame Edna glasses 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

Peter Wrights belly jiggling a bit more than usual on his stage dance, must have celebrated hard since the WC 🀣

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 37,815 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Peter Wrights belly jiggling a bit more than usual on his stage dance, must have celebrated hard since the WC 🀣

TbL

Hope he did deserves it 100%

God knows what state I'd be in if I won a world title ha

• Advertisement

great life story to peter wright and becoming world champ lovely could,nt of happened to a nicer man.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,621 ✭✭✭ThebitterLemon

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Hope he did deserves it 100%

God knows what state I'd be in if I won a world title ha

Not disagreeing with that.

Just a bit of a laugh that it was the first thing I noticed since the last time I saw him play :)

TbL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Fallon Sherrock qualified for the UK Open through the Rileys qualifiers. Great achievement.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,953 ✭✭✭Degag

Wright deserves to put on a few stone after his win!!!

Think his win will be looked back on as legendary in a few years due to how he absolutely dominated MVG

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Would love to see Lewis win this

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Absolute killer for Smith there, couldn’t finish it off.

Some finish to a final:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭boomdocker

Jesus, what is he like

• Advertisement

Have to feel for Smith there :(

Advertisement