Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jet Get Radio!!!! post here when you get something new!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

That is such a good game

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,938 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Any game that lets you block an RPG with a riot shield is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

Got a few “junk” Famicoms on the way from Japan for parts. Mad how sellers in Japan can send this stuff by DHL for $10 a console.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,209 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

This arrived today, good size book. Definitely looking forward to reading. Had a good few arcade classic compilations on the PS2 and gave a handful of games a go on MAME back in the day, my knowledge of arcade stuff is mostly stuff that is ported to consoles so looking forward to giving it a read. A good few of the games listed don't sound familiar to me.

Post edited by DaveyDave on

• Registered Users Posts: 34,597 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

New addition to my cat collection..and paw prints all over my machines collection :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Not retro gaming related, but definitely retro.

Seen this boxed Commodore 897D calculator from 1976 going for a very good price, so decided why not. Another one for the top shelf of stuff I buy and forget I own shortly afterwards, but still glad I got it 🙂

It works.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Dublinandy3

Arrived today to add to the collection, slightly disappointed it's not got a seal on it. I'm not going to open it, just add to the collection but you'd have thought it would be sealed, they usually are.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Mine turned up today without a sealed box either @Dublinandy3 ; guess that is just how they are rolling with this release. Pity there isn't a second controller but hey-ho; not a bad list of games.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Happy to see they went with the 6-button as standard in the West, strange omission last time. The lack of a seal is going to be in collectors' circles in the future.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I see one on Adverts for €150, how much of a premium is that over the typical price?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,209 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

€121 on Amazon UK, free standard shipping also available which has been quicker than expected on all my orders recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

.. mine is on the way. But you would wonder who that seller is targeting. Who is going to pay that price ? You dont get too many casuals browsing for that kind of stuff. Maybe in a few years when the price has shot up.. but they are a few years too early.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,784 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Must get one myself now while they are still available

I'll look for one from Santy... The elves better order it early!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,836 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Evercade EXP dropped in the door the other day.

Yay !!! Another device to play the usual Capcom arcade classics etc etc

Somewhat joking TBF.....I actually don't mind the Evercade stuff, with the usual caveats that this kind of emulation entails, and have made enough of buying all the carts bar one or two to justify picking one up.

Lucky to get it actually, seeing as how almost all the Limited Edition Black models were subject to a robbery a couple weeks back which involved all US/UK/outside EU stock being nicked on route to Funstock's distributors. White standard models were unaffected, but only the EU-bound LE Black ones got through without ending up on dodgy Facebook sales.

Didn't have much time with it, but kind of know what to expect with these handhelds by now. TATE stuff on it should be worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭tonyotonyo

Got a namco pacland pcb and with a bit of tinkering it's all working fine. Japanese version with the long nose and different hat, quite a difficult game when you can't continue. Also it's strange to play a game that needs only one hand as its all buttons and no joystick. Really colourful and cartoony for a 1984 game

• Registered Users Posts: 7,531 ✭✭✭Inviere

Anyone get any nice retro goodies for Christmas? I'd a 64bit hole in my collection, so x2 32bit processors so should fill that nicely...

I know its a console that really and significantly failed to deliver, but like the 3DO...it still 'has' something about it...I dunno...maybe you had to be there... 😊

Master of the Universe

That's some selection of boxed games!

Yeah it has an element of mystique to it alright, whenever I play mine it kind of feels like an alternative 32bit reality or something... Hard to describe. Like playing games I saw in games magazines that were way ahead of what I was currently playing.

Yeah that's exactly how it feels for me too, it's like when I play it (and the 3DO), my brain reverts back to the 16bit days and I'm playing the 'next big thing'.

Aye the boxed games were great to get, there's probably all that's worth having there too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

It finally arrived it dispatched about 2 weeks after I posted in general asking about it, typical

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Picked this up, anyone else have one? There’s a hack to boot batocera from the usb port, not sure if I want to risk bricking it yet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

I know!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭geotrig

Are You mysticmonk or whatever you went by?

Puzzlepriest's the name!

A good chunk of that arcade stuff I collected for others on here, but some nice things like the sega metal header, an atari hall effect joystick and some unusual artwork things mixed in.

Master of the Universe

Not sure if anyone has tried one of these before, but I picked up a 3 in 1 power supply for the Megadrive/32X/Mega CD from these guys to replace my broken Trio Linker Plus.

Works a treat if anyone wants to get rid of the three massive Sega PSU wall warts this setup needs.

Yeah I've something similar, super handy. Replacing antiquated power supplies is something I'm mindfully of these days, not only for prolonging the life of the hardware, but actual safety reasons. Many of them are probably fine, but it's just something I'm mindful of.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

It's not a bad idea at all to start replacing them at this stage, I did notice my trusty old childhood Megadrive PSU was starting to cause some image interference.

Any spot in particular you get them from or are they just generic ones? I think I still have my Super Famicom running on a Megadrive 1 PSU so should probably look at updating that.

Advertisement