Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jet Get Radio!!!! post here when you get something new!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,213 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I went to grab a few more games and saw it was finished, it didn't last long! But there's a sale every season and publishers will do their own sales. Add stuff to your wishlist and you'll get an email when it's in sale (or a notification if you have the Steam app, which I recommend as the Deck store is just a browser)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,973 ✭✭✭Doge

As great as the Steam Deck is it's no Nomad!

B*tches luv ze Nomad!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

I don’t actually sub to the more expensive Switch online package. Got this partially due to want, but I can use it with a forthcoming Nintendo 64 Bluetooth adapter.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,607 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

They sure got that out in the post to you very quickly.

Was giving some serious consideration to one after you pointed out about the Bluetooth adapter, have been wanting an N64 wireless controller solution for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭Colonel Panic

Yeah, they ship everything by 2 day DPD. Was the same with the physical copy of Metroid Prime Remastered.

Thinking about preordering the new Zelda game direct from them too!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Mine is sitting in DPD Athlone!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,788 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Got a few xbox games from the rage because they had a sale and they had a few i always wanted to play.

2 arrived complete and the other 2 arrived with no manual, one of them had an absolutely filthy and moldy box. They werent listed on the site as missing manuals and the ratty box really could have done with 30 seconds of a baby wipe. Like honestly annoyed me a bit. I just shipped out about 30 orders myself and its not that hard to put in a little bit of effort and not send out something thats dirty.

rant over

• Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Wonder if they’ve got someone managing their stock as they’re generally better than that. I know a lot of their stuff is in storage since the move.

Visited their new shop there a while ago, a lot less space and they seem to be emphasising the vinyl more so than the games.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,539 ✭✭✭Inviere

In a basement in Temple Bar

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,544 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The current shop isn't great, I checked it out the once and never went back

It's hard enough to find as well, walked past it about 5 times until I copped the tiny sign outside. Hope they're doing an okay trade there, would hate to see them pack up.

And it was such a cracking shop beforehand too!

Master of the Universe

Such a shame they had to move from the other site, I'd say the rental costs were astronomical.

From what I remember it sounded like they were surprised to be turfed out, guess the landlord wanted more money or something. Such a shame, old shop was nice for a browse provided it wasn't too busy. New location is crap, little cubby of games with the majority of stuff in a back room. If you see something on their website you have to ask them to bring it out, makes browsing awkward for complete in box stuff. In fairness if you message them on Facebook they'll let you know if it has a manual and will send pictures.

Saw them mentioned on Reddit the other day and loads of people didn't know they had a different spot and were still open.

They still seem to get regular enough trade-ins judging from their Facebook page.

Is it still run by the same crowd as Token?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,970 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Still annoyed I got banned from their facebook over legend of dragoon.

I knew the manager there, in the previous location, Ronan.

He was a nice guy, had previously been a manager in Gamestop, the one in Clarehall.

It is a real pity that the shop had to move from Fade St. Given that they had much of the ground floor dedicated to retrogames it is a further pity then that the new basement location dedicates so little space to the same stock.

Maybe hipsters have moved on from games to something else?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,970 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

2025 is the supposed next big recession so hoping to hoover up a few collections then 😂

• Advertisement

Ronan was sound, he would often knock a few quid off for me when I was buying a handful of games or throw the cheapest one in for free, even if I was only spending €50-60.

He also gave me store credit to make up for my parking fees when that boxed Master System I bought turned out to be SECAM and I made two journeys in for it while it got figured out.

He's the type of person that makes a shop stand out to me. He was the first person in a shop to ever know me by name and the discounts here and there along with the friendly chat anytime he was in made the experience better.

Never really had much of a chat with the other staff, I don't think they were really interested as much. Definitely no discounts lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,136 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

I gave up on the rage a couple of months ago. Last order was about 200 euro of stuff, ps1, 2 mostly. Good comms on Facebook letting me know that some things weren’t actually in stock etc..

When they arrived, one 80 euro game was entirely French and another 20 euro game was so scratched I could hold it up to the light and see through it (so it didn’t work and it was obvious it wouldn’t).

Emailed about a return and trade for store credit for a month with no response. Eventually had to lodge a PayPal dispute to get the refund. Have since emailed about returning the stuff I was refunded for. Again crickets. It’s just a really weird way of doing business with someone who spends a min of 100-150 a month on average in your shop.

Well I run my own shop (not gaming related unfortunately) and I know all my regulars by name, their orders, talk to them about their family etc and know exactly what they want and what they are looking to spend. Just kind of goes with the territory of having your own business and actually giving a sh1t.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Got a repro manual & box cover slip for TMNT: The Hyperstone heist delivered in the post yesterday from an etsy shop in Italy. Pretty happy with the quality; the manual is really good, the box cover a little bit less so on the back cover but it is almost unnoticable when in a box with that textured cover that Sega megadrive game boxes had.

Not cheap, but not many people offering manual repros so thems the breaks. All told, between the original cartridge, and the repro box/cover/manual I may as well have ponied up for a 100% original a couple of years ago in hindsight, when people were asking for what was silly money for the game even back then. It's only gotten considerably worse since ...

Also picked up a couple of C64 tapes today; The Real Ghostbusters (under the Hit Squad budget label), and "Fist 2" (i.e. Way of the Exploding Fist 2).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Meant to post my latest pickups from my last trip to Japan. It was slim pickings to find many bargains but the exchange rate helped to make some of the prices more palatable, definitely will need to go further afield next time but I was limited for free time this trip. Managed to go to USJ and finally visit Super Nintendo World, we had a group of four adults (Team Yoshi) and had a blast. The gamification of the whole area is really well done and the NFC wrist band is actually also an Amiibo that unlocks special costumes(From the Mario Kart Ride) in Mario Kart 8 which is a really nice touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Got a DreamPSU, GDEmu + drive space filler from Mr.China for the Dreamcast. I had much *fun* with the GDEmu just not being seen by the console, acting like didn't have an optical drive installed. After a lot of troubleshooting, I think it turns out to how the excess cable from the SDCard extension is managed. I had it curled up inside the drive filler and seems that was putting pressure on the GDEmu board/drive connector. Also it didn't seem to like a Kingston SDCard. Live and learn.

Post edited by KeRbDoG on

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭tonyotonyo

Biggest get of the century, 4 screw hole plugs!

Master of the Universe

Would you not save them for a rarer game? 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭dav09

I think this was the one that was been sold cheap here, seems to have been a bit of a long story between now and then and went through a few hands before me too, had CRTs and boards stripped, got it for practically nothing in the end.

I've sold a lot of the collection off recently due to circumstances and hadnt planned on getting anything for a while, don't even have the space really for it but this seemed impending scrappage so didn't have the heart to see that happen to something that rare.

Unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to get it back original but I'll throw PCs into it. I know system 22 is only partially emulated for mame multiplayer/lan (I don't think Tokyo Wars is but was been worked on in 2022 unless some one can tell me otherwise) so that's the only major problem but single player is better than nothing and I know it will eventually, plus I don't have spare 25"s or 29s so it will probably be LCD'd.

But have a plan to do something around rare retro games in 2024 so this will go nicely with that, if not I can move it on and at least it will stay in the community here and not end up in a scrap heap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭geotrig

looks like a boot 😂....must check if mine has them at some point

@dav09 yeah monitorless made it a though take for most i'd guess and price for what was there for that matter !!

Interested to see where this goes ,fairly sure I saw tokyo war boards for sale not so long ago somewhere !

Advertisement