Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game News 2.0

Options

Comments

I'd imagine COD will be coming to game pass no matter what. They can block acquisitions but they can't block companies doing business deals.

They'll be making mobile games for a new xbox mobile store and bringing COD to game pass possibly with a load of exclusivity content whether they are owned by Microsoft or not. That ship has sailed. I'd say COD on GP is ready and waiting at the push of a button.

And now.Epic ate being sued for for making Fortnite too addictive. What next, sue Santa for bringing too much joy to children?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,678 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

They're comparing games to cigarettes now, Jesus.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,119 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Honestly something does need to be done about predatory borderline gambling videogames but Fortnite is not the game to go after.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,735 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

I think lives, careers ... can be destroyed by addictions including video games.

But there are a lot worse addictions out there including the national pastime and state sponsored drug called alcohol.

Also, the social media sites are poison for kids/teens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Getting Fornite on its addictiveness is kinda like getting Capone on tax evasion in as much as it's not really how you wanted to see them fall.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,119 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Fortnite is also one of the fairer f2p models. They really should be going after EA with their sports games ultimate teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

I have a great time playing Fortnite with my kids. It always tweaks things in each season to keep it relatively fresh and it's easy enough to earn enough credits to get the battle pass each season without spending actual cash,once you've gotten the pass initially. Much rather them playing that than plowing their money into Fifa Ultimate Team as Retro says.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Also there's no rng loot box bollocks in Fortnite

In inevitability news the pixel remasters of the FF games seem to be coming to switch and PS4.

Hope they fix the framerate issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,151 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Definitely. I think of the money I wasted on Ultimate Team and I cringe.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,827 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Wouldn't object to someone going after Roblox as well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,137 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Roblox has been curious by its ability to avoid much publicity in the mainstream. It seems to be an inherently questionable business, aimed right at children, yet whither the pitchforks?

It's very predatory as well with microtransactions. Even worse is the pay outs it gives to content creators on the platform.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,137 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

People Makes Games did an investigation a year or so back, and that got a little viral traction and eyeballs on the service - but it all seemed to settle back into the fog quickly enough. You'd have thought being geared towards children would only invite more critical feedback

The mainstream games press likes to push the narrative that 20-30 years old demograph is the most important demograph but it's really the demograph that reads their content. In the background the Switch sell gangbusters despite people calling it an underpowered kiddie console and games aimed at kids like Roblox and Fortnite make bank compared to the vast majority of triple A games. It's pretty much how what is almost certainly the biggest game in the world at the moment flies under the radar.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

Right so I have never played FF6, was all set to get it on steam deck but with this announcement I am thinking PS5. I also have access to it on the SNES mini and every single other version via emulation on Steam Deck. Trying to choose which version to play is a nightmare

Pixel Remaster is the one to go for with FF6 apparently. Square went all out with it. The music is incredible and heard it's a very good version of FF6 with a more accurate translation than the SNES game (which to be fair is still very good).

Just find a way to play it. It's incredible. Probably my favourite in the series other than secret best FF that is FF Tactics.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

God of War TV series is greenlit by Amazon Prime Video

The streamer has greenlit a series based on the award-winning PlayStation game God of War. The Wheel of Time’s Rafe Judkins will serve as showrunner on the adaptation, and Oscar nominees Mark Fergus and Hawk Ostby (Children of Men, Iron Man, The Expanse) are writing and executive producing with Judkins.

Sony Pictures Television and Amazon Studios are producing God of War in association with PlayStation Productions.

“God of War is a compelling, character-driven franchise that we believe will captivate our global customers as much with its expansive and immersive worlds as its rich storytelling,” Vernon Sanders, head of global television at Amazon Studios, said in a statement. “We are honored to share in the adventure of exploring the God of War mythology in such a momentous way with Sony Pictures Television, PlayStation Productions and [game developer] Santa Monica Studio.”

Judkins, Fergus and Ostby are executive producing God of War with Santa Monica Studio creative director Cory Barlog, PlayStation Productions’ Qizilbash and Carter Swan, Santa Monica Studio’s Yumi Yang and Vertigo’s Roy Lee. Santa Monica Studio’s Jeff Ketcham is co-EP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,582 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Amazon are publishing the next Tomb Raider game. I'm surprised it isn't THQ Nordic or another one of Embracers publishing labels.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,963 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

‘Death Stranding’ Film Based On Hit Video Game In Works From ‘Barbarian’ EP Alex Lebovici’s Hammerstone Studios, Kojima Productions

Marvel's Spider-Man 2 confirmed for Fall 2023

I hope Kojima is kept a respectful distance away from the working production; otherwise it could be big 'aul trash fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Kojima games work because he is incredibly talented at making game mechanics work. But his stories, characters and everything else is just bonkers. I'm not sure it would work without the game part hooking people.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,295 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Respect in advance to the actor who has to try to make a line reading work when it contains the name ‘Die Hardman’.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,827 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I can't decide if it would be weird to cast entirely different actors for the roles, or weird to cast Reedus et al in the same roles again. Either way, it will be weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

If you found a diary with these ideas written down you would think it was the ramblings of a madman.

How the utter **** is a Death Stranding film being made before a Metal Gear film.

• Advertisement

As one of the random people that loved DS, I can see a movie working. But they need to keep it low-budget so they cab include all the fucked up shite in it. And there is no need to recast any of the leads, they are all perfectly fine as-is.

Advertisement