Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

DIED SUDDENLY

• 24-11-2022 2:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭

Anyone watch this new documentary yet it's about the vaccines I presume. Hopefully I get to watch it the weekend if it's worth it

Post edited by Big Bag of Chips on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,226 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

Based on the title and how these conspiracy documentaries usually go I'm suspecting it's going to be a long parade of a handful of cases where there they spend a lot of time talking about how fit and healthy someone was before they died. Probably sprinkling in stuff to make them sound like a very sweet and nice person. Then will make the insinuation that the vaccine caused their deaths. I will guess they will have some interviews with the families, but I will bet few of them will actually directly say it was the vaccines.

At no point will the documentary actually provide any verifiable evidence to link the deaths to the vaccines and will most likely misrepresent and lie about any evidence that contradicts their narrative.

They also probably won't actually make any direct accusations about what they are claiming and will hide behind the "just asking questions" shtick to make their movie more marketable to a wider audience.

There will be a few talking heads any any cursory look into them will show a long lucrative career in being an anti vaxx crank.

Also there will be no attempt to explain why we should care about the handful of cases they will report on while conspiracy theorists are dismissing millions of deaths due to covid as statistically insignificant and "a pittance".

Honestly I wouldn't waste my time with any documentary like this. If anyone does please keep in mind my predictions and use them as a starting point to actually question what you are told.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭US3

I asked if anyone had watched it and you managed to reply with 6 paragraphs with actually haven watched it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Sweet Talkin Romeo

there's two of them in it OP

for reasons unknown to me (and many others also), they seem to keep a 24hr vigil up in here

rarely post here meself; like to read the threads tho,,

haven't seen the doco :( 🙂🙂

• Registered Users Posts: 4,041 ✭✭✭bigroad

Where is it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,809 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

Got a big debut....

.. On Twitter.

Gotta provide for all the nutters!

• Advertisement

Yes. Because conspiracy movies like this are pretty samey in those ways.

That's my opinion on why watching a documentary like that isn't worth it.

I was wrong however in predicting that the movie would be more coy about the conspiracy theory they're suggesting and it seems they are directly stating that there is a global conspiracy to depopulate the world using the vaccine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,482 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Ive heard that about Twitter so many times from conspiracy theorists here. Strange coincidence.

As for the mocumentary, it’ll be just like all the other ones by conspiracy theorists. Made up and actually mocking their beliefs.

Post edited by Fighting Tao on

Is there any Stats in this country for sudden death heart attack ect.

If we could get a clearer picture with real numbers,maybe than we might have some evidence.

I myself have heard about an increasing number of sudden deaths in the under 50s.

No sure if it's just people talking more about others death or what.

Worth a read about how despicable conspiracy theorists are on the topic, and it does go into the bullshit in the mocumentary

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭foxsake

the excess deaths in europe aren't being explained by the media/authorities , they'll get around to it in 5-10 years .

so in the meantime people will fill the void with what they know. something caused this ....post covid - the vaxx is the mostly likely option.

2 years of bad living with lockdown probably didnt , maybe for kids cos they didn't build an immune system but not adults.

So it is most likely the vaxx - young people dying cos of a jab to protect the over 80s.

the youth shafted again

There isn't any evidence that links vaccines to a large amounts of deaths. Otherwise, conspiracy theorists and anti-vaxxers wouldn't be relying on anecdotal hearsay about handfuls of unverifiable cases.

Everyone I know has had the vaccines and I don't know anyone who has dropped death from the vaccine or otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,590 ✭✭✭Xander10

Is the film's title in all Caps or are you just screaming for attention?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭moonage

The documentary featured a lot of embalmers who said they encountered things they had never seen pre-2021.

Lots of the dead had long, white fibrous matter which caused blockages in arteries and veins. We see them in vials and see them being extracted from a dead body. If you're not a pureblood it would be a hard thing to watch.

There was an embalmers' convention and one of the speakers showed photographs of the fibrous material and asked how many others has taken these from cadavers and of the 100 embalmers present almost all raised their hands.

In most cases no autopsies were carried out, so it was the embalmers who saw what was actually happening inside bodies and put two and two together—the safe and effective vaxx had caused the material that causes blockages.

And what evidence do they provide that any of that is actually true?

We've already seen that they lie about several cases of sudden death, so it's likely they are similarly lying here also.

Also, "pureblood" is a very strange term to use.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,765 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

It's the usual

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bb12

all you need to do is go to rip.ie and do a general search for the whole country....it won't be long before you start seeing the "sudden" and "unexpected" deaths each day...it's all there in plain sight....you can even do a comparison search for older years and see the massive increase from 2021 onwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Fandymo

Came across this. Apparently the sudden deaths of formerly healthy adults is down to emotional distress and placebo effects of people claiming it was dangerous. Laughable.

Wait until you realise that not all deaths are on RIP.ie. Your mind will be blown. However, whatever it says on RIP.ie doesn’t take away from the fact that Died Suddenly is bullshit.

• Advertisement

"There is no evidence that Covid-19 vaccines are responsible for a rise in “unexplained” or “sudden” deaths. SADS deaths did not increase in England and Wales in 2021."

"Kyle Sheldrick, a medical doctor and researcher, also debunked the video in a Twitter thread (here). Sheldrick explains how Dowd and the unidentified man who examined the data created their graph using CDC data (here), and points to the spread of the dangerous Delta variant as the more likely reason for spikes in deaths in the second half of 2021."

As for the "documentary" in question, it's a propaganda video

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Cheerful S

The fact that so many people took the vaccines and are still alive implies this is nonsense. Of course there will be some people who will have adverse reactions to anything new put into their bodies, but there is no evidence that Covid vaccines are killing large amounts of people.

The claim should be that some people had adverse reactions to covid vaccines ( thats it) Conspiracy does not make any sense in this context.

How effective were vaccines in fighting disease or did your own body do most of the work? Vaccine effectiveness remains an open question. 

Nope. Vaccine effectiveness is well studied and quantified.

Your statement makes it seem like you don't actually understand how vaccines work.

• Subscribers Posts: 40,969 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

How effective were vaccines in fighting disease or did your own body do most of the work?

humm... someone doesnt understand how pandemics are caused or how vaccines work

• Registered Users Posts: 24,208 ✭✭✭✭recode the site

Unexplained deaths in Ireland are subject to autopsy. Same in UK and very many other places. A cause is nearly always determined. One scenario where cause is not always evident is when certain cardiac arrhythmias occur, as in Takotsubo Cardiomyopathy, but even now autopsy techniques are being developed to detect this.

Can I get away with anything if I pay the piper, so to speak?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,445 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Pathetic stuff really

This trawling through RIP.ie is a big thing now amongst "researchers".

What sad losers.

One of the young men whose image is used died in a drowning accident. Another is of a young woman who died from head injuries during a camogie game in a freak accident. Others whose photos are used died from a range of medical conditions, such as Sudden Adult Death Syndrome (SADS) as well as meningitis. Others, including Diego, tragically took their own lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭walterking

My uncle died aged 47.

Health freak - ran marathons - looked after himself - did annual checkups.

One day he never woke up.

This was mid 80's.

They reckon he had a stroke in his sleep. No underlying health issues or even a history of issues in his family.

A friend of mine died in 2020. Mid 40's. Was on a zoom call with work. 2 hours after his wife rang saying he died. He had a brain hemorrhage.

It happens quite a lot. Its why that as you get older your life expectancy increases as your 40's is quite a stressful time and has risks that you don't have as you move to 50's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭silliussoddius

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I have an open mind with regard to new information coming to light, as such I had both jabs, But in todays hyperpolarised media any discussion falls into one of two camps either Anti or Pro. Pretty much like many topics health related.

I have seen a recent paper that has studied VAERS effects on 25 people that did indeed die quite soon <20 days after getting the MRNA vaccine and the cause is quite clear chiefly Myocarditis.

The paper is pretty technical as is only fitting with regard to this kind of information but feel free to have a look yourself and most importantly keep an open mind.

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00392-022-02129-5#Sec3

• Advertisement

I don't see some "anti" vs "pro" divide in the news media. Are you sure you aren't referring to social media?

VAERS is a passive reporting system. Anyone who gets adverse effects within a few weeks of a vaccine can file a report. As such, it's more for the experts to disseminate.

It's the equivalent of having a public reporting system of anyone who experiences any adverse effects within 30 days of eating e.g. mackerel. You are going to get a very large number of false positives. The anti-mackerel crowd will point to it and exclaim "look how dangerous mackerel are!". All the while the real experts are the only ones who can interpret the data.

For the report you linked, note the following line: "The reported incidence of (epi-)myocarditis after vaccination is low and the risks of hospitalization and death associated with COVID-19 are stated to be greater than the recorded risk associated with COVID-19 vaccination [29]."

There's a significantly higher risk for myocarditis from Covid than from the vaccine

In my experience, "keeping an open mind" is a phrase often used by those who want to get others to believe questionable stuff.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement