Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 12,369 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

I parked at the fast charger when I dropped mine in (had maybe 20% soc when I arrived). I've heard nothing about it since, so I'm guessing the Saturday/Monday attempt either didn't go well, or didn't happen at all. It sounds like they've a string of them in for the update, though I could swear they told me back in August that they only do 1 a day.

@Padraig Mor have you had yours done yet? You're blackwater on Forge hill too, right?

I usually try keep the inside and outside of the car clean, but with the loaner... kids are eating everything and anything in there

• Registered Users Posts: 9,543 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Yeah, Forge Hill too. Nah, haven't bothered with the update - seems like a clusterfuck for many people so reckon I'll wait until they've ironed out the gremlins (if ever...). TBH I haven't heard anything about the updated features that puts me in a rush to get it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,959 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Got mine back, update worked first time, seems the update gremlins didn't strike this time

They didn't charge it but they did clean the car, inside and out 😁

Not much to report with 2.4, I know it doesn't really fix anything visible. I did get prompted for an update straight away but it was just an update to We Charge, not the big 3.0

Car felt a bit funny on the way home. It felt at one point like the regen kicked in for a second even though I didn't touch the brake. Might just have been my imagination but we'll see how it goes

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭staples7

Had my id4 updated in forge hill too recently. Think I dropped on a Wednesday morning and was ready by Thursday afternoon so not too bad. And I’m fairness they charged it too. But my main question is and one which I can’t get a clear answer : can I now update to software 3.0?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,090 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Yes but it will be pushed to the car whenever VW decide, not at a time of your choosing.

• Advertisement

Yes, they're apparently doing the update one country at a time, so it won't arrive for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭hold my beer

@Black_Knight didn't you do something to the car that someone said shouldn't be done? You reckon that's why it's taking so long?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭cannco253

I’m definitely seeing lower consumption with 2.4, in particular city driving.

3.0 is stop/start in Germany only atm so if it happens here before Christmas it would be a good result.

I don’t think setting up travel assist with an OBD11 would impact the 2.4 update - from what I’ve been told anyway - but it would be captured in the cars history log.

Nothing much. A few settings changes. I reverted anything I did to the car before giving it into them.

From what I was told, even though it went in Wednesday, they didn't start trying to install it until Saturday or maybe Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭bf

Software & 12v battery update done today, surprisingly efficient - dropped the car off at 9.30 & it was ready by 3pm. I was ready to not have it back until tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭micks_address

Not that it's very cold yet but I've noticed by GTX range drop a bit already.. sign of winter range kicking in?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭micks_address

Also anyone else find the auto dimming for head lights flaky? Was out for a drive there and it missed a few dips for oncoming cars. Was pretty much flawless on my Tiguan

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭staples7

my Tiguan I could turn auto dimming but I can’t even find the setting on the ID4?

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭mc2022B2TF

Jeez if u think that's efficient wait until u get over the air updates while u sleep at night lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭eagerv

A work pal of mine from Wexford turned up the other day in a brand new ID.4. He claims he went to look at an electric car on the previous Saturday and was driving away in his new car the Monday after. Must have been a cancelled order or something.. Or is the ID.4 more available now? Didn't like to ask anything about price, but he said he was happy with deal through his company.

Don't know name of model, but wheels were big and had matrix lights. A very impressive machine to be fair..

You bastard.

Day 8 for me, and every day it's the same story. The update failed again, and seemingly only in the last day or 2 have they got VW Ireland involved. Seems I can't even take the car back with 2.3 on it either, so i'm left without my car until they fix it.

Did they say what part the update fails on?

Did you retrofit a dash cam by any chance ?

I did a bit of a spin up and down the M1 to City North and consumption was up to 20kWh/100km from 18-19

Winter is coming...

Jesus that's not going well, are they gonna be able to give you an ID as a loaner at least?

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭handpref

Well spotted cannco253, my id3 went in for the update and they pulled at the dashcam so hard they ruined the adhesive pad- dash cam fell off the window on my way home, disappointing when you go to the trouble of installing things neatly and professionally.

Maybe if your leaving an id car in with a dash cam disconnect the power yourself to prevent any damage -

• Advertisement

Nothing specific really. TBH, I almost get a different variation of what's going on depending on who I talk to. My best guess is they all have come across this and all have some speil they tell customers. I think there's just some step towards the end of the upgrade that keeps failing. I was told it was 20 minutes from being completed, but the failed.

I have a dash cam, but it's powered from the OBDII port, so they'll have unplugged that for the upgrade.

lol

Very very much doubt it. I was told months ago that update people are getting an ID3 loaner, but for some reason (quantity of updates maybe) I didn't. If it carries on over this weekend I'll see can I get an electric car loaner. Eventually though my insurance will stop covering the loaner car - I think they allow for 30 days of driving a different car under our policy, and i'm guessing this will drag on at least until next week, and i'm not expecting any miracles for it to spontaneously work.

Id4s and id3 with bad battery cells it seems.

https://youtu.be/Yvg8lGqkWLc

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭boardzz

Are people getting letters to go into garage for 2.4 update.

I haven’t got anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭handpref

I had the same messing and took my own car back, had been in a petrol loaner, haven’t had that inconvenience in 8 years. -

To be fair the service Dept read it well, I’d wasted a week, they knew I should have got electric for electric and had an id4 for their second attempt. They also put me on the garage insurance as my own were looking for €20 every time it was changed over. Might be worth asking for-

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

Just a quick update, I opened up the charger myself and took the pictures of the internal wiring as requested by VW. Within hours I had a dispatch notification that the replacement ID charger was on its way. The guy who originally fitted the charger for €550 has said he can do the replacement for €150. I will do my very best to pass this charge back onto VW (although I wouldn’t be too optimistic!)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,327 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Did you buy it in its own , or was it supply and install?

because I’d be looking for whoever sold it to cover installation costs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

I bought it on its own found an installer separately, VW (Elli) were looking for crazy money for supply and install

• Registered Users Posts: 4 collatteral

Hi everyone!

I've been searching for an answer but can't find it, hopefully someone can answer here. I got my id4 on July and it's a great car, very smooth ride! I noticed recently though (not sure if it's always been there) that after driving for a while, there's this sound every couple of minutes, as if some kind of fan was starting up with a little rumble/shake, just for like 1 second. It's happening when driving or stationary, but only really felt when stopped and sitting in the car (especially felt on the left foot when it's resting). It's not charging related as it's happening when I'm not plugged in. I'm wondering if it's a normal thing? E.g., battery temp management?

• Advertisement

Is it the AC? I've noticed it has a bit of a weird sound. It stops when I turn the AC off from the climate menu

Advertisement