Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭micks_address

I got version 3 with my July gtx. Question on Google maps... Does everyone else get painfully slow input lag when typing in a destination via the infotainment screen?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,956 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

You mean the inbuilt satnav or android auto?

If android auto then I wouldn't say it's painfully slow, but I've noticed the connection between the phone and car can lag sometimes and slow down the typing

I've actually found the voice controls are pretty decent in android. I even tried giving it a destination in France and it managed to decipher my West Brit accent 🤣

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Android auto.. plugged in or wireless.. trying to input a destination typing takes like 2 seconds for a key to respond..

Hmm, I have noticed it wasn't great, but I don't think it's that bad on mine. I'll give it a go tomorrow and see how it is

• Moderators Posts: 12,369 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Anything with a build date from week 50 2021 is coming with v3.0.

Same, though that could be the phone also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭cannco253

FB today

Dear ID. Drivers, Good things take time - Previously we informed you that we have started the initial roll-out of ID. software 3.0 over-the-air, gradually rolling out the update in small waves in Germany for vehicles meeting specific configuration criteria. In the meantime, we identified improvements to the update that we are now implementing. Due to the sheer volume of interesting and exciting features being introduced as well as the technical complexity of the update, these improvements have taken more time than originally expected. We know you have all been patiently waiting for the start of the European release waves and of course we would like you to receive the update as soon as possible. That's why we grant you as ID. Drivers Club members exclusive early access to the update. We will start with about 1,000 cars in the first European wave and add more waves if applicable. As always, we are looking forward to receiving your feedback regarding the overall update experience. To participate, simply send us an e-mail with the subject "I want OTA 3.0to id@volkswagen.de until Sunday, 16th of October 2022. Please make sure you send the "I want OTA 3.0" request from the e-mail address connected to your Volkswagen ID. account. Please remember that ID. software 3.0 is only available for cars that already have ID.software 2.4 installed. In order to receive the update, your vehicle needs to be in online mode. Your ID. will then be considered for one of the first European waves if your ID. meets the specific configuration criteria. You will receive more information via e-mail once your ID. has been validated for an update. Please note that by participating in these first OTA waves you acknowledge and accept the possibility that the installation of the update may lead to a temporarily disablement of your vehicle. In the rare case of this incident, please contact your local Volkswagen service partner and you will receive professional assistance at no cost to you. Important notes: · Your ID. must have ID. software 2.4 installed; you need an active We Connect contract and your vehicle needs to have the online mode enabled. · Your e-mail address and data will be shared within Volkswagen AG - this is necessary to ensure that your ID. can be analyzed, validated and added to one of these first OTA waves (provided the criteria is met). Once validated, you will then receive an automatically generated e-mail from We Connect informing you about the update. · By sending your e-mail, you also agree to be contacted by Volkswagen (via contact to your e-mail or via direct message in the ID. Drivers Club) in case of any inquiries in the course of the software update distribution and/or anomalies that we detect on our backend site. · This update is delivered in two parts - it is very important that after the successful installation of part 1 of the update you log in as the main user again. This ensures that your ID. is able to receive part 2 of the update and that the functions of your ID. are available. Please check the inbox of the e-mail address you have stored in your Volkswagen ID. regularly. We look forward to your valuable feedback. Thank you very much for joining us - enjoy the update! Your Volkswagen ID. TEAM”

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭TheWonderLlama

So I had a bit of entertainment with my ID. Back brakes decided to lock on while i was doing 100kph on the M50. Lots of smoke. Not so much braking power.

Guided it off at the N7 exit and had to get it towed.

entire brake assembly including the hub has to be replaced.

Just something for other owners to be aware of.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭hold my beer

• Registered Users Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭pad199207

Ffs that is terrifying and not what I wanted to hear

The towing guy was telling me he is towing nothing but VWs at the moment.

One dealer told me they are not taking bookings for anything other than VW warranty work through VW connect. They have enough work for months.

Kind of worrying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Liam2021

What year is your id? Hopefully it's not going to be a widespread issue.

last year. 211

• Registered Users Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭pad199207

First time I’ve heard of that and yes hopefully it’s not a widespread issue otherwise the drivers and VW itself will be running into serious problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Liam2021

Ahh I'm 212 so hopefully it's not widespread.

Out of curiosity did you get the 2.4 update recently?

Mine's the same generation, so bit worried 😫

There aren't that many people here complaining about ID cars breaking down, so maybe the issues are mostly with ICE cars?

Still, something to keep an eye on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭cannco253

Did the ID light go red before the brakes came on?

Did you have ACC on by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭hold my beer

I have had absolutely no problems with my ID4 1st edition and I've had it 18 months

• Moderators Posts: 12,369 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Meh. If you were worried about every issue you read on here you'd never buy any car, nevermind the id4.

Rattles in the rear, rear brakes locking up, infotainment randomly failing (audio, Bluetooth, Android auto etc), cars going offline for days/weeks, updates taking days or more, MCU replacement, door latch replacements). How many has your car had? How many issues do you hear any other car having!?

Nope, its getting the 2.4 update while its being fixed. I would suggest you ask them to check the brake assembly when its in for servicing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭id.4 fan

Guys is there really any noticeable difference between the 174hp vs 204hp.

30hp!!! Is it worth the extra????

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭BlazingSaddler

I have the lowest spec model (City 52kW battery) not sure of the hp but I think it moves like a bullet!!, even with a low charge (now I did come from a clunky diesel CMax!)

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭handpref

Said it before and il say it again, get the 204hp- The 174hp is perfectly fine and may suit most people, I had one as a loaner and couldn’t believe how under powered it felt- just my 2c, BlazingSaddler is also correct, I’m used to i3’s, niro’s and id3’s so it depends on where your coming from -

Recently I was driving up some Welsh hills and I can say the 204hp had plenty of power to go up a steep A road

I reckon with the lower horsepower version my grin wouldn't have been quite so wide, but I don't think I'd have been lacking power

I asked one of the VW dealers and he said he drives both the 174hp & 204hp and can tell no difference between the two!

I don't understand why VW would sell two different motors with only 30hp in the difference if increased performance is not that noticeable.

The price is noticeable though...approx €1500 more expensive for the 204hp version.

Post edited by id.4 fan on

I'm coming from a Diesel 140hp Avensis.

I suppose either or will suit me just fine then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

I have the 204bhp cupra born which is very slightly faster than an id3 204 and maybe slightly faster than the id4 204.

Apart from the initial launch power I'd say I'd be happy with the 174 in the id4 and wouldn't notice too much different. EVs feel faster than ICE, I came from a 190bhp tdi and the EV feels much much faster, from take off anyway.

I've already stopped launching at full power except to show off to someone their first time in the car. If identically specced and 1500 euro saving is a big deal to you I'd say go lower powered one. But drive it yourself first.

Residuals will be strong on either car

Hey folks,

I've been getting these notifications for the last two days when I start the car. I've gone through a couple and logged into account again via phone and they still come up. Any ideas on how to get rid of them?

Cheers,

Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭handpref

Get what suits your needs mate, the 174 is still a fine car, I don’t believe the new dx versions represent good value at the moment but the price of everything has gone up, I do appreciate that there is availability of id4’s whilst other car manufacturers have longer delay.

You could test drive both, the difference will be clear to you then, vw Drogheda have a 174 to test drive, vw airside a 204, that might help - the €1500 difference would power your car for years.

Obviously if you want a far superior, faster, and totally different option consider the Seat Born 😬

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Mr Q

Are you sure the Cupra is faster than an ID.3? Both have the same motor and identical 0-100 times, on paper anyway.

Advertisement