Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 22 Ultimate Team discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Just in case anybody was wondering if WL rewards are better in August…..

Think that’s me done now, might do the odd friendly obj but I’ve been chasing Ginola, 99 CR7, or 99 Messi now for the last few weeks and time is running out on the game now to even enjoy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭BrentMused

What's the best sort of team I could compile for around 2 million coins at this stage of the game?

I haven't played in months but wouldn't mind a few games now to warm up for 23, however, I'm so out of the loop with recent cards.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

The market is rock bottom, you could get an amazing team for half that.

Thank you.

Logged in yesterday and my team consisted of the likes of RTTK Vidal and Tonali, Hero Di Natale and Cordoba etc, it has been that long since I played.

The first thing I did was that 86+ player pick and who popped up only TOTS Mbappe! I was surprised to see he's still over a million this late in the day. The "don't play for a while and we'll give you a decent card to try and hook you back in" theory in full flight.

Then I started rinsing the 100's of low rated golds I had wasting away in my club into the 82+ player pick and almost every pick out of the 50+ picks I did was a highly rated special card. Plenty of Mitrovic's , Neuer's, that Brugge striker.

So with the pulls from that I did Moments Puskas.

I actually had 2.8m sitting there and not 2m so bought SS Walker, Moments Cannavaro, Moments Garrincha, Ribery, Prime Gullit, TOTY Kante. A lot of cards I'd never ordinarily have a hope of using.

Currently running the below and enjoying it again after the (long) break. Won 7 out of 7 yesterday. I think I'll dip in and out of it sporadically as a warm up ahead of 23 and as a way to use some of the best cards in the game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

You must have loads of fodder too, if so pop them into the 82+ upgrades as every one I done I got a special card last night (5 or 6), I got TOTS Mitrovic, 90 Rodri, 92 Rice, 91 Allan, 92 Firmino and Sinnestra (I think thats his name) so do them get a few cards and buy around them then :) also the swaps tokens start today at 6 so if you have tokens get the fodder packs im sure the specials will be flowing from them tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

if you can afford shapeshifter kante he is unreal. best mf in the game imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,422 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

what an 82+ player pick..pity its only towards the end of fifa we see this

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Also I have been using up my draft tokens on single player and the jumbo 26 pack rewards have been good for the 4 so far opened this week.

urgh the thoughts of doing draft ./..its by far my most hated game mode

semi pro, bang 5+ goals in leave controller down and come back to it every few mins and youll fly them.

• Advertisement

If you’re thinking of doing Varane or ASM do ASM. Nothing about Varane impressed me. Whereas some guy who has ASM just jiggled through my entire team and scored. He looks ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Logged in this week for the 1st time in ages, due to an enforced break at home, had some packs to open and done some 85x10 sbc's, i swear i have never got so many TOTS players and 90+ players ever, from Lewandowski, Van Dijk and Cancelo down to players like Balotelli and Coady, every pack had 1

If only EA were so generous during the main months of the game

Moments Puskas is so fun!

Shame I'll never have a chance of using him before this time of year.

With every pack/pick now seemingly containing a TOTS etc it's a pity EA wouldn't balance things out a bit by making the top tier cards more available even from February/March.

It would encourage more people to play the game rather than binning it off in the second half of the game cycle every year, but I suppose it would then reduce the amount of packs sold, so there's my answer I guess!

i think I'm going to finish him. I have ribery, ASM and Ben Yedder but I most enjoyed Puskas...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

What’s the requirements for the Futties French Cup - all French players or all Lique 1? Haven’t had a chance to be on console since Friday - is it a proper sweatfest? Can imagine all the teams with The new Ben Yedder, ASM, Varane, Robert, Ginola etc 😮

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭Liamalone

All French nationals. And yes to the rest lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

I havent been on in a few weeks, the market has gone crazy, 25k for TOTS Bellingham, mental.

I’ve gotten his tots about 5 times and just use him as fodder. Hell even Vini got thrown in twice.

all I want is that Messi card.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

These two giants up top are the only thing keeping me going

lovely to see a different team being run :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

Have to disagree here, Varane is the best CB in the game, he’s unreal for me so far.

I just found him clunky and if the player gets past him its too late for Varane to turn and catch up. He's not a big upgrade over Rudiger.

On the plus side I finally tried Grealish and man that card is so silky smooth. Same for SS Hazard... both cards feel incredible compared to Ribery and indeed ASM. I know ASM has the stocky body type so that's why but Ribery feels terrible for me unless you're one of those left stick spammers just endlessly twirling around the place.

• Administrators Posts: 53,535 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

It's going to be some shock to the system going back to a team of golds rated 80-83 next month 😁

this time I'm giving up on it completely. Fifa22 was an awful pile of rubbish gameplay wise. Every decision EA took this year from reducing the WL rewards during tots to the ridiculous SBC requirements etc and their general incompetency as well as how they ran BF2042 has put me completely off then. I've already unsubscribed from the usual youtube guys I follow and tweaked my filters to not show fifa etc. Each year I say it but I honestly think this time around I'll actually do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

I’m with you , monumental waste of time, 21 and 22 were enough for me, I’m not going to try 23.

• Administrators Posts: 53,535 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Trying to do Neymar, cause he looks a laugh, want to grab him and PIM Gullit. Just to try them before the game dies.

but Neymar needs FUT Fantasy cards, I have none and there’s none on the market right now 😂

I must have a look at lunch time, I had a FUT fantasy Aurar up for sale last night. Got him 3 x times so far this week from 85 x 10 upgrade/ 85 x 5 upgrade packs. Actually looking at it I have gotten martenelli and martial from the packs this week too.

Lads, we all say this time every year that we won't be playing the following year's edition, and yet we'll all be back here the day of the early EA play release buzzing to get started! 😂

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I don’t even pretend.

for all the **** I give FIFA, I know I get hundreds of hours out of the game every year. It is easily the best investment, video game wise, I make every year.

plus, new year means new team. Which is always fun for a while.

Advertisement