Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 22 Ultimate Team discussion thread

Options
  • 16-09-2021 11:04am
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Probably within a week or two of FUT22 web app release coming out now, so probably worth starting up the thread for this year's edition.

I pre-ordered for the OTW card, but left it too late to get whatever these hero cards are.

I'm honestly not feeling massively motivated to trade hard this year; it felt with the over abundance of rewards and "free" promo cards that I rarely needed to spend big on tradeable players. I'll probably do my usual thing of dropping some real money for an initial boost, and have a very soft trade pile, but I can't see me going in hard on trading this year.

Also not sure if I'll go and drop that money on Week 0 or wait till the OTW cards come out (OTW Ronaldo, Messi...going to be a LOT of great cards in there this year).

I should probably read on what new features and that are coming. Been basically ignoring a lot of FUT 22 chatter this year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,588 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Haven't paid any attention to the build up this year, will get Early Access and do some web app stuff and see where I'm at. IF I do get the game the plan will be to get Robbie Keane in as early as possible and have him in all my teams for the year.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Rooney and RVP getting icons makes me so happy….

• Registered Users Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Pre-ordered for X-box last night, even after I said I wouldn't bother this year 😅

With Xbox Game Pass & EA Play think we can play 10 hours of the Ultimate Edition from Wednesday - what are people going to be stocking up on ahead of the proper launch 4 days later?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Some of the EA sponsored creators got it early and are all streaming the game rn… rivals rewards all seem untradeable(?). Not entirely sure as I only watched for 5 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Same, wasn't going to either.

Is it possible to play this and not be addicted? I enjoyed my summer off. Will try and play it causally this time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Arciphel

Famous last words 😂

I wouldn't say they've got the full game, so to speak, cause I saw people saying the cheapest bronze and silver packs were also MIA.

Mind, I think every year, they step further and further towards all untradeable clubs, so it wouldn't shock me.

Think it’s the full game but EA have held off on releasing those packs on the market… they’re still in the code anyway and the mid tier packs still reference them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Considering coming back to this this year but then again every so often I'm reminded of the massive time sink it is trying to keep a decent club going and the inevitable rage with game flow

Early access starts tomorrow at 6PM.

• Advertisement

Hating what I’m reading about the new WL. Specifically the whole needing to qualify stuff. Need five wins from nine qualifiers to enter. Seems designed to cut below average players out, and force average players to invest more heavily.

rewards then if you qualify. https://imgur.com/a/U6aNxKB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Gyan84

Yeah I thought it looked great when it was just the 20 games with 4 points for a win and one for a loss but the qualifying means as a gold 3/2 finishing player I probably won't even qualify. Plus I don't think you can auto-qualify like you could if finished high enough in the past so you'll have to play those 9 placement games every week.

There's no way I'd have enough time for that plus objectives so I'm just going to focus on getting the objective players and sbcs.

Also nice to see that center backs got a pace buff but 38 year old Pepe being faster than Alexander-Arnold is insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭BrentMused

Seems unbelievably quiet on here considering Early Access is out at 6pm this evening. Where are all the regulars? Last year the forum was buzzing although I appreciate that the forum changes have had a hugely negative impact on posting, myself included.

I really don't know what to do this year. I was all for taking a year off, but I'm getting more and more tempted to get reeled in the closer Early Access gets.

The problem is, I found myself getting far too addicted to it last year. I loved it, it was Godsend especially during that horrible winter lockdown, but every free minute I had I was either on the app, on the console, or on here posting about the game!

I also have far less free time this year with no longer working from home and back to commuting, as well as restrictions being fully lifted. Weekend League for a start will be a complete non-runner and my playing time will be restricted to a couple of hours per night at the most. In truth, I haven't even turned my PS5 on since I got sick of FIFA 20 a few months ago.

Then that leads me to think that if I don't have the time to put into it, is there any point? All I'll be doing is pissing against the wind from day one and Ultimate Team is not the type of thing you can just pick up and play here and there as opponents just get too far ahead in terms of their teams.

Has there been much improvement gameplay wise or is it still reported to be very similar?

Yeah, Boards changes prob has had a massive impact. I’ve read that GKs are actually good this year and it’s slower gameplay.

I note the Ultimate Edition this year gives 4,600 FIFA Points which I don't think was the case last year?

Have I missed out on the best pre-order options or is Ultimate still the one? I see it does have the OTW card but I may have missed out on the Hero I believe?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I've decided to buy FIFA for the first time since the original FIFA International Soccer on the Mega Drive. I've always been a PES fan but with that series now gone I tried FIFA '21 via Game Pass. I really got hooked by FUT, so I'm interested to see how a FUT season plays out from the very start.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

Will give it another bash this this year meself, usually lose interest after a month or two but hopefully I can enjoy it this year and stick with it.

Yeah 4600 FP instead of the 2x15k packs for 12 weeks or whatever it used to be, technically fewer total packs but waaaaaay better imo. I think you've only missed out on the Hero pack yeah, same as myself.

Main reason I'm getting the Ultimate edition though is because it's the only one that also gives you FIFA 22 on the PS5, other editions you have to buy the game again.

I feel it's basically still 30 games, but you need to win 5 of the first 9 to keep playing beyond the 9, I guess. Which is an issue for me, cause I routinely went 3-6 on Fridays 😂

The 4600 points is great. Much better than the 2 packs a week stuff that was worthless after two weeks. Going to load another €50 or so on top of that and see how I get on. Plus welcome back packs, initial SBC packs, should be able to generate a decent starter team. I'll see what the best cards I get out of the packs before deciding which way to build.

I missed out the Hero card too. :( Wanted Ole or Robbie Keane.

My plan is 100% to just get Robbie and stick with him for as long as possible, based on things like similar-statted Icon prices from last year I'm expecting him to cost maybe 250-400k in the first week or two.

• Advertisement

You don't get the fut hero card added to your account until the first of December anyway. By that time I'd say all of them except the serie a center back will be cheap enough.

Pulled the trigger on the Ultimate Edition and a month of EA Play for early access tonight anyway, thanks guys.

In terms of planning ahead, last year I bought 12,000 FIFA Points and it gave me a massive head start.

Werner was my big pull who was going for around 250,000 at the time, plus I got a few extinct players like Rodrigo, Traore and Felix who rocketed up in price too. If you were to take an absolute worst case scenario of no pulls of note from the 12,000 points, you still should end up with at least 200,000 coins from it and that's absolute worst case.

With what I got from the above and a bit of trading early on, I ended up with an excellent PL team, a stocked club for SBC's and a decent coin balance, before most people had even got the game on general release! I then had Mane, Werner, Gomez, Robertson, Anderson, Allan, Ake, Moura, Ederson within a week or so of Early Access.

Anyone doing similar tonight? I appreciate it's not for everyone and if I had the time to grind a Road To Glory I'd be all over that as I have been in the past, but with even less time this year than I did last year I think I'll adopt a similar strategy.

Early Access is definitely the best time to do it anyway as there's less players so pack weight appears to be better due to less people opening them.

For trading, I made over 200k in 2 days mainly buying Antonio on average at around 3k (some for far lower in the early hours) and selling buy it now anywhere up to 4.9k. Keita was another one I was having great success with. Buying him anywhere from 1.3k-1.8k and quick selling around 2.5k for lazy buyers. Some were even selling at 3.5k!

With the 10 hours, I'll spend an hour or two opening packs, browsing menus and doing some SBC's (I know I could do it on the app but I enjoy it more on console), then the rest on Squad Battles (boring but worth doing for the first couple of weeks for the rewards) and Rivals.

FFS, I've gone from not getting the game at all a few hours ago to this! :pac:

100% the same Brent.

I think last year, I did 12000 points too. I’ll get similar, minus the 4600 points they’re giving us.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Is the trial out guys?

Salah and Kimmich the highlights of the first team of the week.

Toney is the boosted player so he goes to 84.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/comments/pt9h1x/totw_1_revealed/

Totw1

Toney is 84 rated thanks to the new system in place too, that boosts silver cards up drastically when they get an IF

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭piplip87

I'm back this year again myself. Xbox 1 **** it's self, can't be arsed buying a new Console for basicly just FIFA. Giving Stadia a try as it's getting the next gen version. P

Not into trading or doing puzzles. Dont have the time for it. Like many I'll buy the regular game and sink 100 quid into packs. Use half on day one and the other during the first two events.

Casual player here so it's important to have a team after two or three weeks that can keep me going until TOTY, when I might buy a few more packs.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,563 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Have the trial downloading there now. Always liked when we had web app access a few days before the game came to console as it meant you could get a decent trade pile going. With everyone getting 4600 points it will def be tougher this year. If you pre-ordered the Ultimate edition, will you have access to the 4600 FIA Points today do we reckon or will it not be until the actual release date?

As regards forum being quieter I reckon it's just the new boards platform. It's absolutely useless and I am on way less.

• Advertisement

no signs of the 4600 points yet, frustratingly.

Returning bonus packs…Erickson (who is an 82 now), Cavani! IF Bounou, Barella. Cavani is great news. Will build around him now.

Advertisement