Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

48.ie - Was 7.99/month - 100 GB, all calls, all texts, 10 GB EU data - [Now 10.99]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 gabos06

Anyone on 48 have their phone only using band 20/28 where they used to have excellent band 1/3 signal? I live within 500m of an upgraded three mast and used to have bands 1/3 connected 24/7 but now only band 20/28. A family members three sim still uses bands 1/3 just fine in places where 48 only gets band 20/28 ruling out a mast fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,904 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

Yeah you should be able to just port and it’ll cancel your 48 SIM once the port goes through. If you’ve auto bill on you could cancel that first just to be sure but I ported away from them and never thought to turn that off but it cancelled itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭beachhead

It will cancel 48,you should also be entitled to a pro rata refund of the 7.99 for days remaining on your 30 rolling contract.As per EU rules and in 48's T & Cs Personally I'd time the port for end of that 30 day period.Or just to stir things leave after 1st day or in the middle.

you should have got an email from 48 sometime in May '22 detailing this regulation

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I'm hoping the "Roaming like at home" will be enforced soon, I was abroad earlier this month and the internet needed pedals.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

We were in Netherlands for a week earlier this month and my wife and daughter who are both on 48 only managed Edge, was good enough for imessage , whatapps and snapchat without pics or videos, thankfully i went over there prepared, I brought a gomo sim in a wifi dongle and they just used that for all their needs, I did run out of the 13gb roaming data after about three or 4 days, and I just bought a lyga sim and put that in the dongle then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,036 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Is anyone having issues with no service?

I’ve tried a vodaphone sim in my iPhone 8 and it’s working perfect.

After me praising the support last week I now wish to take it back! Can’t get a support person at all via the app since Saturday. The poxy purple box to message them comes and goes when it wants so fucken frustrating!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,092 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I get no service a few times everyday for a few minutes at a time.

Support's solution of putting in the apn settings again didn't work.

They couldn't come up with anything better.

No issues at all today with 48 since early morning.Roaming is hit and miss though-when I roam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭Simi

I've had regular dropouts since I've joined. It can go months without a drop or happen a dozen times a day. Been more like the latter in recent weeks. I've also had issues recently where I have 4g+ signal but data doesn't work. A reboot will sometimes fix it but more often than not it'll come back when it feels like.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Ive had more drop outs than usual this last month, sometimes 2 or 3 a day rather than 2 or 3 a week as it was before. It generally reconnects within 30 seconds.

Totally get you about the chat support box on their website, it dissappears for periods of time of around 10 or 15 minutes and then it reappears again. Its like if they have a certain amount of people they are chatting to they switch it off and then back on when the problems are dealt with

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,036 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

Yeah so couldn’t get anyone on the chat “service” so I went through some of their help guides.

For some reason I had to go to settings > sim applications abroad> Network selection> manual.

been covered in previous posts going back a while

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭muffinhead

48 Roaming Survey for any customers that would like to provide feedback:

https://48.ie/survey

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭not1but4

For what it is worth. I was trying to merge two calls together and I kept getting "Unable to make conference calls". One agent told me it was enabled and it was a problem with my phone but then I tried my SIM in another phone and got the same problem. Contacted support again today which the agent told it's not supported.

Hi *, that's correct, we don't support conference with 48.

48 customers can place a call on hold and accept or make a new call, but the MultiParty function is not enabled for 48Months.

ie. They can switch between two calls, but they cannot merge them.

I also asked about the changes they are planning to implement in September but didn't get much information bar the below;

We are aware that some customers have issues with roaming. Please be assured we are working hard to improve our roaming experience and the ongoing issue will be resolved by September. We are also introducing 4G EU roaming in September. So hopefully all the roaming connectivity issues will be resolved.

Yes as of now we don't have the exact date but it'll be communicated on the website once it's done.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,975 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Off topic question, son about to get 1st mobile.

Which sim plan would be best in terms of coverage and/or customer service, ease of use?

GoMo or 48?

He won't be going abroad or anything, simply for use at home and school.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

He can apply for a 48 sim to try it out for free before paying anything. The coverage really depends on how close you are to Three masts but it's generally good to very good.

There are links above to order the trial sim.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,053 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

If you've better coverage in your primary areas with 3, go for 48. If it's eir, then gomo.

Or you can give him my link please... https://refer.48.ie/peterd-1781

Wow. I see 48 are now offering a free month AND a €20 fuel voucher!

Mods can you consider updating the thread title accordingly please?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Lads I did this survey 4 days ago (slated them for having no roaming in 3 different countries) and just got an email from them saying they are giving me a free months membership. It is only three questions so well worth your while doing it for a free months membership. I just did again it for a second sim so will hopefully get a free month on that too.

• Advertisement

Yes,dishing out da cash for answering the survey.New offer from them is buy a 12.99 sim card and get 20 euro Circle K voucher.No precise details on the website.Doubt if voucher comes within 1st month

• Registered Users Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭onrail

Anyone else get this?

From 48: Hi XXXX we are aware that you may have experienced difficulty with roaming during your recent trip abroad and would like to apologise for this. We have just added credit to your My48 account so you can enjoy your next membership on us. Please be assured we are working hard to improve our roaming experience and we are also introducing 4G EU roaming in September.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,345 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Registered Users Posts: 3,073 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Had absolutely no service today while travelling around south Galway, Kinvara and Gort. Wasn't just me either as my wife's was the same. Anyone else experience similar with 48 recently? Seems to be getting worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭_Godot_

I didn't get an email in response to doing the survey but I just logged onto the app and had free credit.

I got a free month's membership after answering their roaming survey.Tried to cash it in yesterday and today.But cannot-pop up says service not available.Does that mean the "free" credit is not usable? 48 support are looking into it(the ditch)and will get back to me in 3 to 5 days.Unbelievable(not really,with 48).Anyone have the same problem trying to use their free credit from that survey? Survey is ongoing as far as I know.Probably trying to root out roaming customers and remove them from service

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Seems like a bargain if you like free petrol...

Now if you join 48 and buy your first month's membership (for €12.99) they'll give you a free month and a €20 voucher for Circle K.

refer.48.ie/peterd-1781

Anyone got the free credit and been unable to use it.When you try to use the free credit to renew membership an in app message says service unavailable

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,730 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

same here - I have my card saved for renewing the membership and it took the money off my card this month rather than using the credit.

Advertisement