Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

China’s Army posts “Preparing for war!”

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Pelosi is an elected official not an assassin. I just think its mad shes allowed to continue to hold the position at her age. She'd struggle to keep her drivers licence over here.

Since Taiwan makes 90% of the most advanced types of semiconductor chips there would be alot more than Taiwan who would be f**ked. What happens to Taiwan matters in a global context.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

Want to make a few quid on investments just just keep any eye on her stock market trades by her husband

She is a shrewd operator not to be underestimated

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Tonesjones

She's a slippery weasel no doubt about it even at 82 years of age.

Insider trading quite blatantly

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭ceoltoir

Let's hope that Taiwan doesn't end up like another Ukraine, where China invades and the rest of the world is powerless to do anything. Following WWII everyone said 'never again' but it seems to be happening all over again and nobody can make it stop. Depressing times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Tonesjones

The world watched them dismantle any kind of free speech in Hong-Kong. Puppet leaders and those with an opposition opinion banned .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Powerless to do anything? I wouldn't say that, Ukraine is going to cripple Russia geopolitically for a while l. Similarly invading Taiwan would cost a lot more than what China could gain from the action. Strategically the us has the upper hand in both regions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭Deub

It is human nature. It has always been the case and it will continue long after us. It is really surprising that we had such a long spell of peace with no major conflicts since WWII.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,587 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Fair play to Pelosi. I have no doubt that if China had condemned Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, Pelosi wouldn’t have visited Taiwan.

The world has changed, and the West is no longer allowing dictators in the East run amok unchecked like they have done for decades. We can do our own sabre rattling

China will act the maggot once Pelosi leaves and hold their drills but they won’t invade Taiwan nor will they engage in battle with the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,006 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

What action?

It's talk.

Literally this is what people refer to when they complain about NO ACTION.

Did she talk in any manner to monger war?

The only action I see is talk. How dare they talk to Taiwan, right.

Talk is "bloody dangerous" why? Fear of despots? China's 2 whole aircraft carriers? what

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

It pretends to be a democracy and there may even be a slight degree of democracy at the lower levels, but at the top its run and controlled by the rich for the benefit of the rich, a system of government known as an Oligarchy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

Huh, Brandon didn't even want her to go, think that's saying something

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭Markus Antonius

Do you think the indirect murder of Gaddaffi by the US was a good decision?

You need to have a good think about who the dictators really are.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

What's an indirect murder when it's at home and when was the last time anyone was convicted for it?

Gadaffi was killed by Libyan anti-government forces and not by anyone else.

You need to detox yourself from the CNNs and MSNBCs and Washingtop posts.

The dogs in the street know it was the Americans (knowing that you can't kill the head of another state) that set up his murder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DXDU48RHLU

I'm sure you're still upset this cackling witch didn't get in in 2016...

I've never watche more than 5 minutes of CNN in my life and have zero time for Hillary Clinton, so you'll have to try again.

There is no such thing as indirect murder. The people who killed Gadaffi are well known - they were Libyan anti-government militias. Give over with the conspiracy theories of the Americans setting it up if you don't want to put up credible evidence. We've all had a gutfull of tinfoil hat merchants in the Russian threads, don't bring it to this one.

I'd be highly critical of American foreign policy... I don't trust them even slightly, and do believe that they should have been brought up for war crimes over Iraq.. They should be judged by the same standards that they apply to others.

However. I know China and Chinese people, after living there for well over a decade, and I don't want them to be the primary superpower in the world. There is a lot of bitterness, anger, and contempt within Chinese society towards other races or nationalities.. and if China had the freedom/power the US has, we'd have a much worse world to live in. I truly believe that btw.

The US is the lesser of two evils.

She's actually quite courageous, we should be glad that she is there to stand up for democracy.

I had a laugh at that one. Standing up for democracy.. by the US, whose own democracy is constantly under attack from within, along with their manipulation of foreign nations own democratic processes should they not align with US policy. The US defends others when it suits their agenda.. not for any love of democracy. That's just a propaganda line.

The US has an interest in keeping China weak, and they'll do anything that brings that about. Maintaining Taiwanese independence does that. just as they've supplied weaponry to Vietnam, or "helped" other Asian countries who don't align with US interests, but are firmly against Chinese expansionism.

So what? Libyans got their hands on him and killed him. It was neither planned nor executed by any American. This may surprise you, but Gadaffi had more than his fair share of enemies in-country who would take their chance before the US kid gloves got hold of him.

If any of you have evidence of a super spooky CIA plot we're all ears. Otherwise you'll be filed under conspiracy theorizing, because that's exactly what you're toying with.

The American's don't need to ne getting involved in every conflict around the globe. they're the biggest **** stirrer's going.

• Advertisement

Stop digging a hole for yourself, it's getting embarrassing.

But let's not go over the top. Even though they didn't shout about it from the rooftops, American forces were deeply involved.

The total cost to the US so far stands at just over $1bn. There have been 7,725 US sorties including 145 predator drone strikes. Without American involvement behind the scenes it probably couldn't have been done.

Yeah, Markus that article tells us what we all knew already, there wasn't a single American or NATO toecap on the ground in Libya. Gadaffi was taken and killed by Libyans who wanted him dead for decades.

Again, I'll invite you to put up any sort of evidence at all that the US had any hand or part or planning in the circumstances of his killing. You wont find it or be able to offer it up - because it's not true.

And a further invite to take your conspiracy theorizing to the appropriate forum.

There was no basis for intervention in HK. China was legally reacquiring it's own territory, and while diplomatically western nations could push for HK rights and freedoms, they were always going to be ignored by the CCP.

I realise that it's not a situation that people like to acknowledge, but it is what it is.

It's a different scenario. Ukraine was isolated by their own policies. They played with both European and Russian interests, not committing to either. There was no real chance for Ukraine to join either the EU or NATO, because there was never any realistic attempt to remove the barriers within Ukrainian governance and society.. ie. the corruption, and a wide range of other negatives.

Whereas Taiwan is not isolated, and has a lot of support within the Asian community. Most Asian nations will recognise that Taiwan is the perfect battleground to stop and destroy Chinese military forces... and they won't let Taiwan stand alone. And that's without the US actively joining in.

As for this whole "never again", that's rubbish. There are dozens of wars ongoing most of the time around the world. It's only that Ukraine borders Europe, that made this conflict actually relevant to Westerners.. but there's been heaps of wars that we've all ignored as being unimportant. Just as we've mostly ignored what Russia did before this, beyond a few shouts of outrage quickly forgotten as other causes become more important.

I agree mostly with this but the expansionism is being facilitated by the greed of foreign governments (including Ireland) who want in on the flood of Chinese Yuan. Just look at all the deals Irish colleges are doing with them - the Irish government and others such as IDA, Tourism Ireland constantly over there lobbying for investment.

The key to defeating China is to stop all this BS - not having a US tyrant go over there to stir the pot.

Stop backseat modding and report the posts you think belong in the conspiracy forum.

Nanci Pelosi is a US tyrant? 🤣

That's it lads, goodnight. I've heard enough nonsense for one evening.

It's an invite to put it in the correct place. The CT forum is there for a reason, to quarantine conspiracies in one place and those who want to indulge in them can do so to their hearts content.

Anyone is perfectly entitled to land in Taipei and be welcomed by the democratically elected government of Taiwan if they see fit.

Warmongering is sh*t talk. You have the Chinese government actually issuing press releases threatening war, and you think a pensioner politician meeting other politicians is an act of war.

Grade-A sh*te talk. You're indulging autocrat babies brandishing nuclear weapons throwing a strop.

Give the Chinese some credit, they are (apparently) adults and are in control if their own behaviour and responses.

• Advertisement

I disagree completely.

The key to defeating China is to effect change from within, which means greater support of Chinese people who wish to live/study abroad but who will return to China slightly westernised. The difference between a Chinese national who has lived in western nations vs one of who has spent their whole lives in China, is rather strong. The differences are even more pronounced with the children of Chinese nationals who have lived abroad (the parents), vs those who haven't.

Sure, it is western greed that is driving closer ties with China.. but we're capitalist nations, and honestly, anything that boosts the Irish economy is good in my eyes. Hell, I'd be fully supportive of an arms industry here if it worked effectively.

However, the CCP is not going to fall due to foreign influence, or any kind of conflict with external forces. That's how martyrs are born. It will only be dismantled by Chinese people themselves.. and that will only come about when China's borders are open, and actively interacting with foreign cultures. A booming Chinese economy means electronics, the internet, etc for everyone.. and that means Chinese people being exposed to foreign culture, and less liable to be indoctrinated by the Chinese State system. I'd like to see China continue to succeed economically, because the CCP will **** things up all by themselves... as they've managed to do already with the Chinese infrastructure, the flooding, corruption within the banks, and covid.

Advertisement