Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amazon

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,139 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Prime delivery seems to be gone for Ireland again, at least the speed. Was ordering something last night, everything was delivery next Monday or Tuesday. Was looking at phones on Sunday and fastest from UK was Saturday but I could get 2 day delivery from Amazon Germany.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,945 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

Just noticed the same myself. Everything I checked is next Monday or Tuesday. Ordered something on Sunday evening and it arrived yesterday so has only changed in the last couple of days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,474 ✭✭✭VG31

The same thing happened about two weeks ago and it went back to normal after a few days. Hopefully it's the same this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭I am me123

Anyone know if there are delays with deliveries from Amazon at present?

I ordered a parcel from Amazon with an estimated delivery date of later this week.

I have n't yet received a dispatch confirmation email for the package.

I sent off an Xbox Series S on Wednesday for return, and it got to the Amazon Warehouse in Portlaoise earlier today.

Does anyone know if they consider it back in their possesion now? Or am I waiting until it gets back to the UK?

It says in the "Return Centre" that it's still "on the way back" to them.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Cookiee

Depends, sometimes I get instant refunds as soon as an post scans the return label, and some times I get refunds 14 days after I returned the order. You can always contact customer service and ask

Did just that. What I got back in an email:

This is X from Amazon, following on from our chat I wanted to confirm your return has been received and is being processed.

In the unlikely event we encounter any issues while processing your return, we'll contact you by e-mail.

Once your return has been completed, we'll request your refund

See my post above. Item arrived today, ordered last Monday, dispatched Saturday night. Everything I looked at last week was minimum 6 days delivery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

A lot of my recent Prime deliveries are arriving quicker than signalled.

Five items ordered Sunday - on ordering, I was told three would arrive Wednesday and the other two on Thursday.

Both packages arrived around 3.30pm today.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Chopper Dave

I’m seeing packages coming a day or so earlier than scheduled but the scheduled date has definitely moved out alright with most Prime, in stock products taking almost a week to arrive as opposed to the usual two days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,796 ✭✭✭ablelocks

i got an automated call on my mobile today about renewing my prime membership at the annual rate - i'm paying monthly and the dates the bot quoted don't add up - press 1 to pay now was the only option so i'm assuming it's a scam. number was +353 (87) 5296740 -

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭deezell

You can't even reply f** off to the number, as its possibly some poor innocent's number which is being spoofed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭Gru

Amazon is being funny for me,

ordered things with free delivery no prime, and they arrived much quicker than expected and even days before they were due,

ordered an item and needed it quick so paid for priority delivery for today, they sent it with Regular An Post shipping and its not getting here today, might have it tomorrow and maybe Tuesday, ordered it last Sunday. They are blaming the "carrier" but i told them that was nonsense as they only dispatched it yesterday. to say i'm annoyed...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Everything now, even if faulty you have to return yourself, it seems. No more return labels by the looks of it. PITA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,513 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

if they only dispatched a priority order from saturday yesterday then get on to customer service chat and tell them you want a refund of the extra you paid for priority delivery. dont take no for an answer. If they keep saying no then ask for a supervisor. be persistent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Has anyone ever received what reads almost like a warning email from Amazon about refunds? My last two items bought I asked to return them, in both cases they processed a refund but said not to worry about returning them. Now yesterday they send me this email below

Hello,

We recently reviewed your Amazon.co.uk customer account for order activity details. Your order history shows that you have received a high number of refunds for your orders.

We know that occasional problems with orders are expected in the normal course of business. In these instances, a refund or replacement may be issued.

You can learn more about our policies in the Voluntary Returns Guarantee section of the Conditions of Use & Sale, available at the link below:

www.amazon.co.uk/help/conditionsofuse

Not sure where they are going on the "high numbers of refunds", if an item is crap Im going to ask to return it and am more than willing to post it to them if they want, its not my fault they are telling me not to return it.

Anyone come across this before?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

My wife got the same email last year, we couldn't really understand it as she had returned only two low value (€10-€20) items ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

yeah both my items were low value too. I think it might be becasue Amazon often dont ask you to return the item but just refund it so they're probably wary of people taking advantage. Was still a bit miffed about it especially as the second return was a black Echo Dot that they sent out packaged with a white cable which looked stupid. I just asked them to send me a black cable and they couldnt do it so instead the customer service solution was for me to buy a black cable on Amazon and they would refund it. So that obviously logged on their system as a refund rather than the return I wanted and that generated this warning type email.

Just got an An Post prepaid return label from Amazon UK this morning

They posted out an expensive box set (containing an LP, two CDs & two DVDs) with no packaging - just an address label sticker on the shrinkwrap. Inevitably it's full of dents and scuffs. So back it goes; replacement ordered.

"Please put it in a cardboard box this time."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,861 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Haven't read this thread in full, but I have an item I need to return to Amazon UK.

I got a Return Mailing Label, plus a second label titled "International Customer Return" in red letters. No mention of "An Post" anywhere.

Do I just drop the box with these on them to An Post, or do I need to ask them to issue me with a separate style of return label, specifically targeted at An Post?

actually just reading the small print here on the return label.. seems we need to pay postage now and it's refunded after?

scratch that.. I just went onto Amazon UK chat and basically asked if I was supposed to have received a pre-paid return label for An Post because the item was faulty.

Waited 5 mins for a response... then suddenly: "You have been refunded for the item.. no need to return".

eh... okaaaay...?

😬😎

It depends on the circumstances. If it’s an obvious f*ck up by Amazon (see my post above) then you’ll get a prepaid An Post return label. Otherwise you have to pay.

I read a bit more about it. If the item is faulty they prepay the An Post too.

Although in my case they evidently thought it too much effort so just refunded without needing return. *Shrug*

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

They don't prepay An Post much any more. They force you to send it back and repay the postage,.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Stewball

Anyone know what the turnaround is for refunds?

I returned an item to Spain via an post. It was delivered to the Spanish Amazon warehouse on Tuesday, but I haven't got any acknowledgement from Amazon.

The item has to be returned by the 10th of July (tomorrow), so have I met that deadline?

I don't want them messaging me on Monday saying they didn't receive the item - return cancelled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,474 ✭✭✭VG31

Don't worry about the deadline. I've returned a few items to Dunfermline and it usually takes 5-10 days to be refunded. I'd give it another week or so and if they still haven't issued a refund, contact them on the chat. They're always very good for things like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,087 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Anyone had Amazon ignore and quietly delete a question you have asked about a product?

Maybe I can't blame them I was being a little provocative but they might have said.

This item Fireproof File Storage Box kept turning up in various searches probably because its a promoted item and I bought a proper fire proof storage safe not long ago. Basically these "Fireproof" boxes and bags are a total con. Anything that is genuinely fireproof will be UL tested and have a fire rating. So I just ask what is the UL rating is of the item. Three times now I've asked the question and heard nothing. Normally if you ask a question and it has no answers Amazon get back to you and say sorry no one has answered you.

"Fireproof Bags" .............

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 361 ✭✭samdeluxjones

We are unable to dispatch non-digital items internationally to customers identified as businesses. Please choose a domestic delivery address to proceed.

I have received the same item up to 15th July now not a hope.(I can via addresspal but adds €7 to everything)

It is under the €20 VAT limit.

How do you even contact Amazon to find out?

Post edited by samdeluxjones on

The "€20 VAT limit" is gone as of 01 July 2021!!

• Advertisement

Yea I did a live chat yesterday and it seems all international shipments are cancelled to business customers.

So until Amazon.ie opens my prime business account is only good for France and German Amazon it seems..

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭stuck2007

Hi samdeluxjones,

I am getting the same error, I am also getting no leeway. I spent an hour last night talking to chat, I asked them multiple times to send me a link to an item I can actually buy as anything that is sold by Amazon cannot be shipped to Ireland, however they failed to come up with anything. I will more than likely downgrade to personal account if this isn't resolved soon. Let me know if you hear anything more.

Yup , looks like it's gone for good. Hopefully France and Germany will lower their delivery charges now to make it worth while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭Jnealon

I have been getting this error for the last few days. I got on to the live chat a few days ago and this is their response

"Hello,

The issue on placing the order on our site has been caused by a technical issue, and we're currently working on a solution.

I've reported this problem to the technical team and they'll resolve it as soon as possible.

These errors are normally fixed within a short period of time, so please try again shortly.

If after 24 hours you are still experiencing the same issue, please call us back again and we will be helping you again regarding on this issue.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Anyway the issue still exists so I set up another account with the same address and it works fine minus the prime benifits

I order lots from Amazon UK without issue. They often email me suggesting I upgrade to a Business account. Obviously of no benefit given these recent posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭eddie

I had the same issue and was so frustrated talking to many Amazon staff online , until I talked to one senior person, eventually.... he said that when prime accounts renewed --> some Ireland users accounst were linked to a VAT number or B2B account and as such failed with the error above, they are / were trying to resolve it.

After hearing about this , as I did try and cancel an account earlier this year, so checked to see if my company VAT number was attached / associated with my account -- it was--so I deleted the VAT number , logged out and logged in again and it works fine no - no issues 😀 hope that helps someone.

To try / test it

Go to your Amazon account > Account & Lists>Your Account

Select VAT registration number > Select the relevant country related to your VAT registration number

For UK VAT numbers - the UK VAT validation portal (https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-vat-number

From the above portal you may remove the an existing VAT number

good luck

Eddie

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭eddie

Apologies for typos.... I seem to have lost the ability to edit after I prematurely post :) ahh found it !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Cal

You are onto something alright. There was an issue with my VAT number but removing it and re-logging in has not solved the issue. It may take some time to update the details in their system. But for now I can only purchase using my personal account 😔.

Cal

Yea tried it and logged out and back in again no go, even signed up as new user and still no go..

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭scottigael

""Your package is being processed by Customs officials. An Post may require additional information from you."

First time I've received this message? Package in total was little over 100 euro no idea what the issue is. Was due to be delivered tomorrow but no idea what's going on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭deezell

Probably just want the return address so they can send it back.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭scottigael

Well it's all from Amazon so I'm sure they know already where to return it. Just a pain

• Registered Users Posts: 3 BlueScully

So I have just been informed by Amazon UK Business off the following ,when I enquired about an inability to place an order and got the following response in their customer service chat:

Christina | Customer Service:

Amazon Business has paused its global exports capability on 14-July.

Me:

Why didn't they notify me ?

And when will it resume?

19:55

Christina | Customer Service

We do not have an estimated target date for re-launching our global exports capability at this moment.

I went on to ask why I received not email notification of this change on policy and she had not response other than sorry for the inconvenience.

I guess its back to AliExpress and eBay for now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Tenshot

I was just about to post asking if anyone else is having this problem. I've been unable to order on either of my two Amazon Business accounts for the past week or two. The message is always the same after confirming my delivery address:

"We are unable to dispatch non-digital items internationally to customers identified as businesses. Please choose a domestic delivery address to proceed. You can visit your domestic Amazon store to access millions of products for delivery to your domestic address."

I thought maybe this was something to do with the new fulfilment centre in Baldonnel, but Amazon.ie is still redirecting to Amazon.co.uk.

When I raised it with customer support, they didn't have a good explanation and simply said they would escalate it. This was around 16 July. The message from Christina above is the first sign I've seen that this is a deliberate policy change. Regardless, it's a royal pain - I order regularly Amazon UK because it's one of the few ways to get stuff from the UK on quick delivery without any import hassle.

Presumably non-business customers in Ireland are still being serviced as usual?

If your business account is a prime account, share the prime benifits with a personal account. (Your Account - Memberships and Subscriptions - Prime Membership settings - Manage membership - Update, Cancel and more - Manage your household). So for now you can still order using your personal account and still get the benifit of your Prime membership.

Cal

Has anyone successfully migrated their business account to personal and kept the prime membership?

No need to migrate, just share the account as above.

Cal

Had to cancel prime on business account and open a retail account and re-sign up for prime again and its working.

Seems Amazon Uk don't want to be dealing with all the brexit red tape around VAT on international shipments.

Sure isn't Liz Truss gonna sort all that out and we'll be back up and running in no time..

• Registered Users Posts: 3 spacey3

I came across this post, thought I'd add my two cents. I've had business accounts (never prime) and personal accounts, all of them have the VAT number and company details registered to the account. It seems that Amazon have recently changed whatever it is they have done to prevent anyone physically ordering anything with a VAT number.

Once you remove the VAT number it allows you to order the item.

Previously it would allow me to order anything, however if the items value was below £165 then VAT would be removed in it's entirety, and it would be up to me to deal with it when it arrived. Anything above that value it would add 20% GB VAT even if it was in Euros.

Now it seems as someone hinted to they have come unstuck and don't want to deal with it which is why it has restricted anyone purchasing with a VAT number.

The only caveat which was strange is that Amazon Japan is behaving in the same way.

Haven't tried the US yet. To be honest most of the stuff I ever ordered was from Amazon ES/FR/DE/IT as it was always cheaper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 253 ✭✭PTL

Had the same issue and thanks to the posts above what i did was. Setup a new account, slightly changed address layout, picked a new email address to attach it to. Then after it was setup i went to my prime account and use the details above to share my benefits with my household and picked my new account. And then I was able to order on my new account with free delivery. Thank you to all for the help

Advertisement