Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Amazon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Gru

Amazon is being funny for me,

ordered things with free delivery no prime, and they arrived much quicker than expected and even days before they were due,

ordered an item and needed it quick so paid for priority delivery for today, they sent it with Regular An Post shipping and its not getting here today, might have it tomorrow and maybe Tuesday, ordered it last Sunday. They are blaming the "carrier" but i told them that was nonsense as they only dispatched it yesterday. to say i'm annoyed...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Everything now, even if faulty you have to return yourself, it seems. No more return labels by the looks of it. PITA.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,122 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

if they only dispatched a priority order from saturday yesterday then get on to customer service chat and tell them you want a refund of the extra you paid for priority delivery. dont take no for an answer. If they keep saying no then ask for a supervisor. be persistent

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Has anyone ever received what reads almost like a warning email from Amazon about refunds? My last two items bought I asked to return them, in both cases they processed a refund but said not to worry about returning them. Now yesterday they send me this email below

Hello,

We recently reviewed your Amazon.co.uk customer account for order activity details. Your order history shows that you have received a high number of refunds for your orders.

We know that occasional problems with orders are expected in the normal course of business. In these instances, a refund or replacement may be issued.

You can learn more about our policies in the Voluntary Returns Guarantee section of the Conditions of Use & Sale, available at the link below:

www.amazon.co.uk/help/conditionsofuse

Not sure where they are going on the "high numbers of refunds", if an item is crap Im going to ask to return it and am more than willing to post it to them if they want, its not my fault they are telling me not to return it.

Anyone come across this before?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

My wife got the same email last year, we couldn't really understand it as she had returned only two low value (€10-€20) items ever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

yeah both my items were low value too. I think it might be becasue Amazon often dont ask you to return the item but just refund it so they're probably wary of people taking advantage. Was still a bit miffed about it especially as the second return was a black Echo Dot that they sent out packaged with a white cable which looked stupid. I just asked them to send me a black cable and they couldnt do it so instead the customer service solution was for me to buy a black cable on Amazon and they would refund it. So that obviously logged on their system as a refund rather than the return I wanted and that generated this warning type email.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Just got an An Post prepaid return label from Amazon UK this morning

They posted out an expensive box set (containing an LP, two CDs & two DVDs) with no packaging - just an address label sticker on the shrinkwrap. Inevitably it's full of dents and scuffs. So back it goes; replacement ordered.

"Please put it in a cardboard box this time."

• Registered Users Posts: 13,617 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Haven't read this thread in full, but I have an item I need to return to Amazon UK.

I got a Return Mailing Label, plus a second label titled "International Customer Return" in red letters. No mention of "An Post" anywhere.

Do I just drop the box with these on them to An Post, or do I need to ask them to issue me with a separate style of return label, specifically targeted at An Post?

actually just reading the small print here on the return label.. seems we need to pay postage now and it's refunded after?

scratch that.. I just went onto Amazon UK chat and basically asked if I was supposed to have received a pre-paid return label for An Post because the item was faulty.

Waited 5 mins for a response... then suddenly: "You have been refunded for the item.. no need to return".

eh... okaaaay...?

😬😎

• Advertisement

It depends on the circumstances. If it’s an obvious f*ck up by Amazon (see my post above) then you’ll get a prepaid An Post return label. Otherwise you have to pay.

I read a bit more about it. If the item is faulty they prepay the An Post too.

Although in my case they evidently thought it too much effort so just refunded without needing return. *Shrug*

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

They don't prepay An Post much any more. They force you to send it back and repay the postage,.

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Stewball

Anyone know what the turnaround is for refunds?

I returned an item to Spain via an post. It was delivered to the Spanish Amazon warehouse on Tuesday, but I haven't got any acknowledgement from Amazon.

The item has to be returned by the 10th of July (tomorrow), so have I met that deadline?

I don't want them messaging me on Monday saying they didn't receive the item - return cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭VG31

Don't worry about the deadline. I've returned a few items to Dunfermline and it usually takes 5-10 days to be refunded. I'd give it another week or so and if they still haven't issued a refund, contact them on the chat. They're always very good for things like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,180 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Anyone had Amazon ignore and quietly delete a question you have asked about a product?

Maybe I can't blame them I was being a little provocative but they might have said.

This item Fireproof File Storage Box kept turning up in various searches probably because its a promoted item and I bought a proper fire proof storage safe not long ago. Basically these "Fireproof" boxes and bags are a total con. Anything that is genuinely fireproof will be UL tested and have a fire rating. So I just ask what is the UL rating is of the item. Three times now I've asked the question and heard nothing. Normally if you ask a question and it has no answers Amazon get back to you and say sorry no one has answered you.

"Fireproof Bags" .............

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭samdeluxjones

We are unable to dispatch non-digital items internationally to customers identified as businesses. Please choose a domestic delivery address to proceed.

I have received the same item up to 15th July now not a hope.(I can via addresspal but adds €7 to everything)

It is under the €20 VAT limit.

How do you even contact Amazon to find out?

Post edited by samdeluxjones on

• Registered Users Posts: 10,000 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

The "€20 VAT limit" is gone as of 01 July 2021!!

Yea I did a live chat yesterday and it seems all international shipments are cancelled to business customers.

So until Amazon.ie opens my prime business account is only good for France and German Amazon it seems..

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭stuck2007

Hi samdeluxjones,

I am getting the same error, I am also getting no leeway. I spent an hour last night talking to chat, I asked them multiple times to send me a link to an item I can actually buy as anything that is sold by Amazon cannot be shipped to Ireland, however they failed to come up with anything. I will more than likely downgrade to personal account if this isn't resolved soon. Let me know if you hear anything more.

• Advertisement

Yup , looks like it's gone for good. Hopefully France and Germany will lower their delivery charges now to make it worth while.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Jnealon

I have been getting this error for the last few days. I got on to the live chat a few days ago and this is their response

"Hello,

The issue on placing the order on our site has been caused by a technical issue, and we're currently working on a solution.

I've reported this problem to the technical team and they'll resolve it as soon as possible.

These errors are normally fixed within a short period of time, so please try again shortly.

If after 24 hours you are still experiencing the same issue, please call us back again and we will be helping you again regarding on this issue.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Anyway the issue still exists so I set up another account with the same address and it works fine minus the prime benifits

I order lots from Amazon UK without issue. They often email me suggesting I upgrade to a Business account. Obviously of no benefit given these recent posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭eddie

I had the same issue and was so frustrated talking to many Amazon staff online , until I talked to one senior person, eventually.... he said that when prime accounts renewed --> some Ireland users accounst were linked to a VAT number or B2B account and as such failed with the error above, they are / were trying to resolve it.

After hearing about this , as I did try and cancel an account earlier this year, so checked to see if my company VAT number was attached / associated with my account -- it was--so I deleted the VAT number , logged out and logged in again and it works fine no - no issues 😀 hope that helps someone.

To try / test it

Go to your Amazon account > Account & Lists>Your Account

Select VAT registration number > Select the relevant country related to your VAT registration number

For UK VAT numbers - the UK VAT validation portal (https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-vat-number

From the above portal you may remove the an existing VAT number

good luck

Eddie

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭eddie

Apologies for typos.... I seem to have lost the ability to edit after I prematurely post :) ahh found it !

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Cal

You are onto something alright. There was an issue with my VAT number but removing it and re-logging in has not solved the issue. It may take some time to update the details in their system. But for now I can only purchase using my personal account 😔.

Cal

Yea tried it and logged out and back in again no go, even signed up as new user and still no go..

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭scottigael

""Your package is being processed by Customs officials. An Post may require additional information from you."

First time I've received this message? Package in total was little over 100 euro no idea what the issue is. Was due to be delivered tomorrow but no idea what's going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,490 ✭✭✭deezell

Probably just want the return address so they can send it back.😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭scottigael

Well it's all from Amazon so I'm sure they know already where to return it. Just a pain

Advertisement