Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,400 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

True!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,991 ✭✭✭Caranica

Anytime I've been on Amazon just after midnight that comes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Lazy Bhoy

I have not purchased anything from Amazon UK since Brexit so I am not too sure about the fees or charges involved now.
    I have ordered 3 items which are all fulfilled by Amazon and I am not an Amazon Prime subscriber.
    The only new charge that I notice which is different from my pre Brexit orders is the Import Fees Deposit: EUR 11,92

Is this the only charge that I will pay or can I expect to be hit with another charge when the package is delivered to my door?

I have listed the order summary below as displayed by Amazon

Order Summary

Items: EUR 44,77
    Postage & Packing: EUR 7,00
    Import Fees Deposit: EUR 11,92
    Total: EUR 63,69
    Promotion Applied: -EUR 7,00
    Exchange rate guarantee fee: EUR 1,21
    Order Total: EUR 57,90

Import fees deposit is Irish VAT, UK VAT will have been removed. At that value you won't pay any more, in fact you may get a nominal refund in a few months time. I recently got a 31c refund!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Lazy Bhoy wrote: »
    I have not purchased anything from Amazon UK since Brexit so I am not too sure about the fees or charges involved now.
    I have ordered 3 items which are all fulfilled by Amazon and I am not an Amazon Prime subscriber.
    The only new charge that I notice which is different from my pre Brexit orders is the Import Fees Deposit: EUR 11,92

Is this the only charge that I will pay or can I expect to be hit with another charge when the package is delivered to my door?

I have listed the order summary below as displayed by Amazon

Order Summary

Items: EUR 44,77
    Postage & Packing: EUR 7,00
    Import Fees Deposit: EUR 11,92
    Total: EUR 63,69
    Promotion Applied: -EUR 7,00
    Exchange rate guarantee fee: EUR 1,21
    Order Total: EUR 57,90

Import Fees Deposit is all you pay
    No more nasty surprises
    But if item is priced in GBP, then you should pay in GBP (changing currency is not favourable to you, the purchaser)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭JG009

So a little while ago my returns were given a prepaid an post label. No hassle.

More recently they have told me to pay for anpost and they will refund me.

Anyone else? They seem to be making returns a wee bit more difficult

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Saudades

Apologies if it's been asked before; If buying a book from Amazon UK (€17 with free delivery), will An Post still charge a €10 handling fee?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Saudades wrote: »
    Apologies if it's been asked before; If buying a book from Amazon UK (€17 with free delivery), will An Post still charge a €10 handling fee?

No, books are vat free in Ireland and it should be the same way after July.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,759 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I have a complaint to make and despite trawling through their site I cant find an email address for it. I did try cs-reply@amazon.co.uk but got an automatic "no reply" email advising they no longer replied to emails sent to that address.

Anyone know of an email address or even a physical one for sending a complaint to?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Can't remember it as I never used it but I got one from customer service chat when I was fairly persistent in asking.

I'd keep the chat going while you check the address.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,575 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

muffler wrote: »
    I have a complaint to make and despite trawling through their site I cant find an email address for it. I did try cs-reply@amazon.co.uk but got an automatic "no reply" email advising they no longer replied to emails sent to that address.

Anyone know of an email address or even a physical one for sending a complaint to?

I found this site a while ago, but in the end I didn't actually have to use the address it lists for Amazon (complaints@amazon.co.uk), so don't know if it's correct!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Try the cs-reply@amazon.co.uk again only this time use the order number (if it is about an order) as a complaints reference number in the subject line.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 somewhere45

Ok peps.
    Simple question and way too many pages to go through.
    Have not ordered through .co.uk for ages. Dont plan to either.
    We getting a .ie soon or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭amber2

Just an update on Amazon package that’s stuck in An Post parcel hub since 2/6, it’s still stuck there. I have been in touch with an post by phone who told me contact Amazon and have them supply more information, which I did Amazon said they haven’t been contacted & don’t know what more is needed. Then I was told Wednesday by an post package has cleared customs and is on its way. Still no move on the tracking and I’ve send 3 unanswered emails to an post.

Got a refund from Amazon but afraid to order again. Think I’m done with Amazon uk for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,335 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Ok peps.

Yes /no/maybe/ no one knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,574 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Ok peps.

Well they're building that massive warehouse so I'd say most likely!

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Anyone know how to query an item that still hasn't been dispatched (was sanitiser gel from bargains thread). There was no date given but its been a few weeks.

If I try customer service via the app clicking on the item via my orders I just go around in circles and can't get through to even bot chat to begin with.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,880 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Go to 'Help', then 'Contact us', there'll be a bot, then a cs agent

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

zell12 wrote: »
    Go to 'Help', then 'Contact us', there'll be a bot, then a cs agent

On the app, where is help and contact us as cant see it under customer service. Even when you choose the item you have a query on its all stock answers with no bot involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Think you might need to be on laptop / PC. Anytime I have gone to Help - Contact Us - it's been on the laptop. You'll get a customer service agent pretty quickly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,880 ✭✭✭✭zell12

You could try this direct link, and click on 'contact us'
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

JG009 wrote: »
    So a little while ago my returns were given a prepaid an post label. No hassle.

More recently they have told me to pay for anpost and they will refund me.

Anyone else? They seem to be making returns a wee bit more difficult

Posted the same above. Sold by Amazon seems to be ok but Fulfilled by Amazon you have to pay

• Registered Users Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭PCros

Quick question on the returns labels.

It has printed off 3 labels for me:
    -2 x International Customer Returns Commercial Invoices
    -1 x Return Authorisation Label.

The return is going Dunfermline so I was just wondering which one do I use? Last time I just did the Return Authorisation Label via An Post but as far as I remember it was going to Portlaoise.

*edit - Amazon chat told me return authorisation label only

• Registered Users Posts: 2,803 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Caranica wrote: »
    Import fees deposit is Irish VAT, UK VAT will have been removed. At that value you won't pay any more, in fact you may get a nominal refund in a few months time. I recently got a 31c refund!

I think the current situation is that on orders over the 22e fee, you are subject to both UK and Irish vat. Certainly that's what I am presented with when buying. Paying both jurisdictions vat charges.

I think the current situation is that on orders over the 22e fee, you are subject to both UK and Irish vat. Certainly that's what I am presented with when buying. Paying both jurisdictions vat charges.

Sounds like a third party seller, Amazon themselves will remove UK VAT

• Registered Users Posts: 8,781 ✭✭✭pgj2015

I ordered something off amazon a couple of months ago. It hadn't been dispatched after 3 or 4 weeks so I cancelled the order.

Would there be any point ordering it again or do you think it would be the same deal this time?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭VG31

pgj2015 wrote: »
    I ordered something off amazon a couple of months ago. It hadn't been dispatched after 3 or 4 weeks so I cancelled the order.

Would there be any point ordering it again or do you think it would be the same deal this time?

Was it "temporarily out of stock"? I've ordered a good few times when it said that. The fastest was a week, the longest was about two months. I've never had to cancel it.

Does it show a delivery date now? If it does then you should be ok to order it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,781 ✭✭✭pgj2015

VG31 wrote: »
    Was it "temporarily out of stock"? I've ordered a good few times when it said that. The fastest was a week, the longest was about two months. I've never had to cancel it.

Does it show a delivery date now? If it does then you should be ok to order it.

Fastest delivery: Wednesday, June 30

I ordered a similar item from a different seller lately as well and it never dispatched after 2 weeks. The 2 items are football pumps.

I have ordered loads of other items lately and there wasn't any problem with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

I just got an alert on my that a package from Amazon that An Post lost about a month ago is out for delivery.

Amazon have already replaced the items in the meantime so I need to send these back.

If I tell the postman that I won’t accept delivery will An Post return it to Amazon?

• Advertisement

I just got an alert on my that a package from Amazon that An Post lost about a month ago is out for delivery.

Amazon have already replaced the items in the meantime so I need to send these back.

If I tell the postman that I won’t accept delivery will An Post return it to Amazon?

This just happened to me yesterday.
    came home to two of the same item, first one was missing for 2 weeks.

Went to send back the first but they want me to pay the postage......

Advertisement