Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Currently buying/selling a house? How is it going? READ MOD NOTE POST #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 aislingm999

Hi @Bilb@bilbot79. ok thank you 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭peterjmaxwell

Contracts are finally in, going to sign next week! Fingers crossed that's us across the line

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

It will vary from development to development and currently even from phase to phase and you need to be careful about it which is quite hard in the current climate where you basically have to commit to buying a new house the second it becomes available!

Builders in general are cutting back on PC sums and allowances to keep their profits on the house up, so they might have allowed a 10k PC sum (provisional cost) for a kitchen in phase 1 and 5k for flooring but now they are only giving you 5k & 2.5k and stuff like that.

Some new house ive seen don't come with any kitchen as standard and just tiling in the bathrooms so you need to make sure you are comparing like for like when it comes to asking prices, you can easily spend €15k on a kitchen.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭pleh

Currently buying/selling a house? How is it going?

Bump

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭AnnieinDundrum

We have contracts in both sides signed. Finally… however our buyers ponied up less than the 10%, 20k shy… claim they can’t manage the rest without further delays, they made the offer in February so I’m hopping mad but after waiting so long we can’t afford any more delays.

their solicitor has slid from incompetent into shyster in my estimation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,157 ✭✭✭Markitron

My solicitor requested the funds early last week, still no word. I am wondering at what point the lenders may request more payslips or bank statements

WTF were they doing bidding on houses when they didn't even have the deposit 4 months after going sale agreed. The EA is supposed to filter out people like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

Waiting for AIP from Haven for 8 weeks now.

Submitted all the documents and they've taken so long my statements are out of date. Now they're asking for the most recent months statements. 🙄

They didn't even take 10 days for me when I applied in late February, that is some change in a couple of days.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

I'm going for an exemption, so I presume there are higher requirements, but it's still a joke at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭mcsean2163

We went through something similar. Would have thought they'd throw money at is but they queried a crazy amount of transactions. Can you justify this transfer for €900 etc. and we weren't looking for an exemption. You'd swear we were criminal masterminds rather than PAYE worker.

I am beyond furious regarding the deposit shortfall but they still handed over more than 50k so in terms of commitment it’s still a lot.

however the place we are buying … another glitch.. I swear you couldn’t make it up…the seller doesn’t have a PPPS number, why would they, they aren’t Irish. But you need one to sell. I am absolutely gobsmacked that their EA didn’t ask this up front. He’s qualified and well into his 50’s so not new to the game. Their solicitor likewise, seems like they must have just assumed. Normally that takes a few days, but covid/holidays/refugees the service is swamped.

so we may be homeless with all our stuff in a truck. The extra removals and storage plus somewhere to live is going to cost us an absolute fortune, plus the practical aspects of WFH when you are homeless.

back to sleeplessness and stress.

Oh and they never registered the property for LPT or submitted any returns.

the EA made us provide evidence that we could buy and weren’t wasting his time but didn’t ask his clients this basic question… is LPT up to date as you can’t sell otherwise…

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

Feel for you. Makes me appreciate my own solicitor even more. He came looking for LPT compliance from us almost immediately. I'm sure that it will all work out in the end.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Signed our contracts today, our loan offer states a 2.05% interest rate but with the ECB rate hike, is this likely to increase? We're with PTSB

Yeah, we got ours organised in good time. I did it as it was easy enough, although proving the value in 2013 took a bit of googling.. but an hour did the paperwork and the LPT office are slow but it was only 2 weeks.

the EA should flag this for sellers at the start of the process. I’m pretty sure it was mentioned to us, but possibly just in passing. I do recall logging on to check it. But since we did the return last November I’d have remembered it when we talked to the EA in December. If their EA had mentioned it to them they could have sorted the lack of registration and paid up over dues, fines etc long before now. They’ll owe a lot as far as I can see.

Have you looked at what fixed rates are available now?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 QRaq

Has anyone experienced delays with the formal offer from AIB? We went sale agreed in early June and our buyers solicitor has said they’re still waiting on the offer from AIB. We’re also buying and we got ours within a couple of weeks from BOI. Everything is so slow.

I applied for my offer from AIB at the end of May and it took a little under 3 weeks. It is true that they are slow at the moment but that seems a little suspect to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Nia95

We saw a house last week that we both really want, needs a lot of work but most of it can be done ourselves over time and livable for the moment, the inside just has no flooring in any of the bedrooms - most of the work is outside. Took the weekend to think about it then called the EA on Monday to make an offer 5k below asking. We were apparently the first to make an offer but were told there's a lot of interest. (So we expect to go above asking). The EA said she will notify us of any offers that come in on the property.

Didn't hear a word back on it at all so I rang today and asked are there any offers, they said there's 2 offers, ours and an offer 3k above ours. Nobody notified us of this and we were really peeved to be honest, we are willing to bid more just need to be kept in the loop. Does anyone know if EAs normally notify you of offers that come in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭TheRona

They would always let you know, as it's in their best interest to keep driving the price up.

They're not going to let you know immediately about every offer, especially early on. They might leave it a few days to let everyone know where it's at. If it comes down to the last 2 or 3, and is getting close to Sale Agreed, then you're kept a lot more in the loop.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭philcsl

I’ve just sold a property in Dublin & it went without a hitch - buyer & seller were equally paranoid about delays & had great solicitors.

I selected an EA in 2nd week of June, property was online 2 days later with photos & video - went sale agreed 7 days later (6% over asking) - deposit paid next day - sale contracts issued the following day - survey within a week & queries answered - buyer’s loan offer took around 2 weeks - contracts returned last week & counter-signed same-day - expecting funds transfer by end of next week… Should be around 7 weeks total from going on the market to closing.

I had organised paperwork with solicitor 3-4 months before selling to avoid delays & the buyers were super keen to get the keys so kept the pressure on, got regular updates from EA along the way.

Glad to be finally out of the accidental landlord business!

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭LunaLoo

We finally finally moved in last week. Ended up with slight hiccup in the funds for purchase didn't transfer on time so we couldn't do sale and purchase same day. Thankfully house we were buying was vacant and they let us move things in to garage (not into main house)

It was all very last minute with only a days notice so we were lucky to get a moving van (of any one needs a recommendation they lads we had were top class so pm me for details) we were out of our old house by about 4 and new owners were moving in by 5

A lot of lessons were learnt mainly with regard to choosing solicitors who were an absolute nightmare to deal with. Have to say the bank KBCwere brilliant, probably first person ever to say that for a bank but can't fault them at all, a real shame that they're pulling out of market.

Was definitely the most stressful few months ever

Offer accepted 8th March

Our house went on sale 14 March

We accepted offer 20 March

Keys got 14th July

But all the stress and sleepless nights have been worth it.

You couldn’t make it up…. Now our buyers can’t get removals… so they want to delay. They are mysteriously also hitting a delay in the funds transfer. In February our EA told us they had sold their property and were renting…

our sellers are unsure how long it’ll take to sort out the lack of a PPS number and backdated LPT returns… they never registered or paid.

we may well end up homeless at the rate.

Good grief that sounds awful. Hope things work out for you.

Just saw this yesterday.

Seems a bit pricey but in a nice location on half an acre. My only misgiving is proximity to the sea (gloabal warming) but in fairness seems to be 15m above sea level.

Does anyone know the area? Does it seem like a good deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Anyone know how to go about reporting EA behavior?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

You should probably post some background before you can get an accurate response.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭FedoraTheAura

FTB. Got a years approval with BOI and have been looking since the end of February, now viewed nearly 30 places all over Dublin.

Have bid on a number of properties and outbid on them, or what’s happened multiple times now is the estate agent has said the seller is holding out for more money, one when I was already bidding 25k over the asking price.

It’s disgusting out there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭TheRona

Only €25k over in Dublin? That's a bargain. What price bracket are you looking at, and in what area? In the area I was looking at, 3 and 4 bed semi-d's were minimum €50k over asking, whereas apartments have been going close to the asking price.

The asking price largely has to be ignored, you need to be looking at what similar places are going for. Even looking at the property price register is often a waste of time, as those prices are months old.

I'd expect after the amount of places you've viewed and bid on, you'd have a feel for the market by now.

Advertisement