Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NRS12255 Clerical Officer Grade III HSE

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

I wonder which is better. CO in the Civil Service or CO in the HSE..

• Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Closing date 15th June - been on the HSE panel since a November last year - still waiting to be placed though low double figures - received 4/5 expressions of interest for Tipp but nothing further - seems like a slow moving panel

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Caoimhe2

Some panels can move so slow I'm on a panel since last August and received only a handful of expressions of interest, on another panel I applied in February interviewed in April and I have just accepted an expression of interest that was sent out so just going through the recruitment process now

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭NCW feen

What kind of questions could you expect to be asked at interview for a HSE Clerical Officer? Any suggestions or links would be much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 SimoneVe

Hi, it is a competency based interview for example team skills, customer service and etc. You will have to use STAR method and use examples from your own experience for example how you dealt with a difficult customer (so you have to tell them what you actually did)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 780 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Mainly competency based questions but I got a few general questions about the HSE eg how many regions within the HSE are there, how many people does the HSE employ etc

Does anyone know at what point referees are contacted? I've just been told I was successful and I'm now on a panel but reading some threads on here that doesn't really mean very much! I'm working and my boss really doesn't want me leaving and I'm just worried he would be contacted and find out before I've even been offered a job..I'm sorry I probably sound silly but I've never been on a panel before so im confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭daffodill50

Are you successful based on this recent campaign or from an older one? I think your referee's won't be contacted til youve accepted an offer

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Hammar

Guys,

Grade III in HSE, based in Meath, Older Adult Services, Permanent Wholetime, Been in HSE since April 2021,Any questions, give me a shout.

What is promotion to grade 4 opportunities like?

• Advertisement

There hasn't been much in terms of Grade 4 around the area, I am working in...I have a Tusla ( treated as Internal HSE) Grade 4 interview in Cavan ,where I'm from,today.

Most jobs in Meath I've seen advertised have been Grade 5 and above, a few ,Grade 5 positions whose managers I've done work for and whom I'd have probably stood a decent chance at least getting on a panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 freckle88

Has anyone heard back since the assessments yet? Or does anyone know how long it takes to hear back?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Fluffypatcat

No I haven't heard anything yet. I'm not sure how long we'll be waiting either.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 navan21

I just got the email from cpl there. I didn't do well unfortunately. 77 was the highest score of anyone and 20 was the lowest. My score was 37. It says I meet the eligibility requirements but I'd imagine, as there arent many positions, that only the top scorers will be called for interview!

Hi

Thanks for that I have accepted a post my references all completed forms and sent them back any idea what is next seems to moving so slow

Thanks

Hi

I am around the same score as yourself so not holding out much hope. Any idea how long the panel will be live for. Does anyone know can your score change after interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

Around the same score too but I am hopeful. It may be just a select few with the high score and we could be the average, fingers crossed!

Any links to interview questions or hints and tips welcome. I'm trying to make a career change but feel the lack of experience is going against me regardless of what I score.

The process moves very slowly unfortunately,If you've completed all the forms with regards references and health declarations etc, They are obviously in the process of contacting your referees.

Once that's completed, Your line manager should get in touch,might be a few other bits of paperwork and then a start date will be agreed.

It is frustrating,took me about 6 weeks from when i accepted a post,to when i started.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Mr lebowski

I just got my results also. I scored 55 so happy enough with that!. The process doesn't seem too clear from here on out. Does anyone know can you carry time from the civil service and public service or agency work for the HSE that could be the deciding factor for me

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Lolagirl1

I also got my results back from cpl, scored 56. I’m still not very hopeful as it seems people here on last years panel still waiting to be called.

• Advertisement

Hey

Just heard someone that scored just over 60 has an interview next week its moving quick

• Registered Users Posts: 14 ScubaSteve254

I only scored 49 with the highest total score being 77 and lowest being 20. I have no idea where that puts me, especially Sligo/Leitrim. Not getting my hopes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Lolagirl1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

I scored in the 70s and interview is early next week. Its moving fairly quickly.

I've been working in the hse for 2 years on specified purpose contracts from the 2017 panel.

Last panel took the guts of a year to go from application to interview/panel numbers being given out so this is pretty surprising how quickly it's moving.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Edlarkinm

Got 60 myself but no interview as of yet but sound promising! Best of luck to all 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Mr lebowski

It is moving fast. I got an interview date already and I'm sure a lot scored higher than me.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Edlarkinm

Just got an interview for next week so it's deffo moving fast!

Hi, yes you carry your time from the civil service over I have a friend who recently carried 6 years as a CO over to HSE. You just need to ensure you've a statement from the departments youve worked in clearly outlining your dates of service.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭barryos1505

Anyone any idea whether there has been any movement for Limerick? Has everyone called so far been in the Dublin region?

• Advertisement

Hi

Someone I know was over 60 for meath and they have an interview next week

Advertisement