Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NRS12255 Clerical Officer Grade III HSE

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Lolagirl1

I got expression of interest for Tipperary today, very happy with it and in my location. During my interview I told that I was completing an online medical secretary course, I now have this completed but have not received any results/certifications yet. Is this something I should worry about? If I express interest and don’t have this certificate could this go against me?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 PCAT86

Thank you @Lampshade That's helpful! Ended up getting an EOI for tipp today but the location is the opposite end of the county so I'll ignore it 😅

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

I've received about 12 expressions on interest for Cork so far (9 of which - I think - in one day alone). Nothing that interests me or suits what I'm looking for so far though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

No, not yet. Still waiting for interview. I'm in an agency role currently and I know someone that has been offered this role as part of the campaign. So if I was called to interview it could mean I could keep the role.

Anyone been called to interview recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 carin99

Well done. I am still waiting to be called for interview in Tipp. I scored 50 in psycho test, did you score hgher?

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭blacknight83

Hi all, currently going through recruitment process and I am stumped on Verification of Service document to be supplied. Currently working in private sector is this applicable here? i have sent on to my existing hr team to fill in but not sure if its necassary as i will be starting on grade III?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 cucullhan

Got 29 expressions of interest offers starting last Friday until Tuesday just past, applied for 9 then 3 more arrived applied for 1 and yesterday 2 more arrived might apply one of them too.

They offered me 1 position Thursday it was an ok position but I just had my doubts so I let it go. I think it was down to when you start thinking of expressing interest it narrows down what is out there and what you really want. You only get 24 hours to think or ask

so I got another offer yesterday which was a similar role but a preferred location and I think I’ll accept this one. It’s not one of my top choices that I applied for but I can only assume that’s been snapped up. This one does tick a lot of the boxes (jaysus ya get awful fussy don’t ya. Pure notions like) but my question is this…

if I waited I obviously rise up the list as people accept the roles. So is there more desirable roles and how likely are they to come along now 3 days into the replies to expressions of interest? Would they already be gone

…and just for my curiosity if I took things to the extreme and kept waiting for my ideal position how long would the panel still keep offering positions?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭meath12

I had a look it does look like it applies to previous roles in the HSE so it’s strange. Maybe your employer can just fill in whatever sections apply to your role. Did it take long for you to get offered the role after you sent an expression of interest? The deadline for the expressions of interest I received was Friday 16th September and I sent them that day but haven’t heard yet. Wondering how quick it will be if I’m offered one.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭blacknight83

Yes, thinking that my current employer has obliged and filled in form. I was waiting about two working days for after the deadline on the

job posted. Think it depends on the department you are applying for

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Lampshade01

@blacknight83 AFAIK the verification of service document is only applicable to people already employed by the HSE, this is to ensure that you are placed correctly on the payscale. For example, if you are currently working for the HSE as an agency worker and are on point 3, you will remain on point 3 if offered a permanent contract rather than starting at point 1 again (otherwise no one would switch from agency to permanent). At least that's my understanding of it!

@cucullhan they'll keep offering expressions until the panel is exhausted (or maybe if they run out of positions, but for a nationwide Grade III panel it's probably people they run out of first).

I don't think there's an order to the posts being offered, they just send them out as the paperwork is ready. This is a very fast moving panel from what I can see, and a lot of EOIs have been sent already (I'm only familiar with the Carlow/Kilkenny one, which has had about 35 as of last week). You may have something come up at a later stage that you would prefer, but someone else could do the same as you and be higher in the order of merit and beat you to it. There is a risk to waiting for the "perfect" post, if such a thing exists. If there is something that you think you'd enjoy/wouldn't mind doing, there's no harm in expressing. Once you have accepted to go through pre-clearance (i.e. the post is directly offered to you), you will be removed from the panel and no further EOIs will be sent to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Edlarkinm

Hi, I have advanced to the clearance stage and I am now realising that I haven't got a certain document that I need to get police clearance from Spain. I am going to try my best to get this document but in the event that I don't does anyone know if living in another country for 6 months is a cumilative figure or is it a continuous 6 months?

I ask because I travelled home for Christmas that year, and travelled to portugal, so technically the time I spent in Spain was not 6 months continously. This way I wouldn't need to get any police clearance. Don't know if this is accurate at all so if anyone has any insight it would be massively appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 sunnyside21

Hi hope someone can help. I’m going through the clearance process for a clerical officer grade 3 role. I’ve put my current employer down as a referee and also previous employer before this. It says on the form they will be contacting current employer and emailing other referee. I gave my manager a heads up who said that’s ok but as per company policy they do not give out references. They only confirm start dates etc. hope someone can advise? I’m going to wait and see what happens but I’ve no one else to go to for a reference

• Registered Users Posts: 34 drippininheat

Most companies are like that now, will only confirm you worked there and between what dates. Shouldn't be an issue

Hi guys, I got a text to say I had received an EOI email earlier today but haven't received any email - just wondering if this has happened to anyone else (I'm on the tipp panel) - should I just wait another while or email the hse on case there's an error?

Edited to say, issue resolved, I emailed and they resent the EoI

Post edited by PCAT86 on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55 ✭✭Kas2010

Does anyone know why I would be sent EOIs for another county?

I presumed that no one in that country expressed interest so they extended the reach. I could be wrong though.

I haven’t heard anything back since expressing interest in a couple of jobs so I presume they were given to someone above me on the panel. Do they send official confirmation that the jobs have been filled?

Unfortunately they don't! You either get silence or confirmation that you'll be moving forward with the job.

Has anybody gone through clearance process? Just wondering how long to contract stage after sending on all documents

• Advertisement

Got a huge amount of expressions yesterday for CUH. Must be around 35 EOIs sent altogether so far which is well past my placing, so if something suitable for me pops up I'd be feeling fairly optimistic I'd get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Lampshade01

@Lolagirl1 the recruitment process usually takes a couple of months to complete, from getting the EOI to contract signed. On average maybe 2 months? Could be 3.

Thank you! Everything has been so quick so far so hopefully it will stay progressing quickly 🤞😊

I'm only getting EOI for other counties, nothing for my own and I'm No.7 on the panel. Happy enough to stay where I am until after Christmas anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭daffodill50

Has anyone in Donegal been made an offer yet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 803 ✭✭✭jkmanc1974

Seems to be a good few EOIs coming through for Tipperary in the last couple of weeks - good to see things moving again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 jom12

hi all,

If i send EOI to one, will i get more EOIs prior pre clearance stage or no more EOIs after sending one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Rhoaroundtheworld

Hi all,

Does anyone know, if you are successful in a campaign and get the job of clerical officer III, is it easy to move within the HSE to another area. Like if the job turns out to be horrible can you move to another department if jobs arrise?

Thanking you kindly 😌

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Rhoaroundtheworld

Hi

Yes, you will continue to get EOI even after you express your interest in a post.

It's when you get to the clearance stage and continue with that, is when you are taken off the panel and won't receive anymore EOI. That's why the email also contains that you have read the job post and have an interest in the job.

Hope this helps. 😌

@Lolagirl1 I’m going through clearance at the moment, had to fill in the health assessment today, has yours been quick?

Hiya, I sent all my documents including the health assessment last Monday 26th September and haven’t heard anything back yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭eoh70

Anyone know if we need to get documentation from Australia if we were there years ago on a working holiday visa? Also what is the starting off pay? I’ve searched but seem to be getting conflicting answers!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 crescent101

@daffodill50 I’m on Donegal panel. I’ve only sent back 1 eoi so far but haven’t heard anything since.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭daffodill50

Congratulations , when did you do your interview?

Had the interview early August. Not many positions being sent out for Donegal though . When was your interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭maggie magoo

Anybody get anything fir wicklow?

@Lolagirl1 just wondering if you had heard anything back yet? Submitted my documents shortly after you and there's no indication of their current processing time 😅 the waiting is awful 😂

Hiya, yea I got an email this Tuesday saying they were contacting my referees( they rang my 1st) and I had to forward a reference template to my 2nd referee which I did and was completed last night and sent off. The waiting is the worst 😅🙈 I think that’s the last hurdle before contract but that could be another week 😅

@Lolagirl1 did you need to get Garda vetting done for the role?

No mention of Garda vetting as of yet, which I found strange but could still request it.

• Advertisement

Hi all, going through the screening process atm. Have a telephone appointment with Occupational health tomorrow. Does anyone know what sort of questions they ask? I had an occupational health questionnaire to fill out a few weeks ago- nothing to report on it just a tick the box and note sick days with previous employers. Just thinking this is strange if they had everything they required on the form I sent back. The process is incredibly slow. I got an email two weeks ago saying they will be contacting my current employer and I had to send a template reference form to a previous employer for them to fill out. I’ve heard nothing since only the appointment for this occupational health tomorrow.

I was told I didn’t need Garda vetting for the clerical officer job I’m going for as I won’t be dealing directly with children or vulnerable adults.

Thank you, hopefully I won’t need it either as it will drag the process out even further. My referee was contacted last week and my 2nd referee sent off the template. So back to waiting again. I wasn’t aware of a telephone appointment from occupational health, I got a quick call from them last week just asking me to confirm something that wasn’t clear on the form. I was really hoping contract would come this coming week

It’s strange the way they want to call me too. Yeah it’s so slow, I really hope I hear after tomorrow. I want to hand my notice into my current employer asap but cannot do so before getting an offer. So frustrating waiting! Good luck

best of luck to you too 🤞 hopefully this call will be your last hurdle 🤞

@sunnyside21 can I ask how long you had to wait after EOI deadline until getting an offer? Thanks

I haven’t got a offer yet. My EOI was accepted as I must have been highest on panel to have expressed an interest in the post. I’m going through all the clearance checks atm and got an email yesterday to say they are at the final stage of the checks which is the occupational health. Had a phone call with them also yesterday and all is ok so I’m hoping I’ll get a job offer /contract soon. The EOI was sent out on the 13th September so it’s a pretty slow process

EoI are sent out to maybe 10/ 20 people at a time and the person who is highest on the panel that expresses an interest in the post will only be contacted to say that they are being recommended for the post and then all clearance checks are carried out. They will not contact anyone else on the list that expressed an interest in the post only the highest person on the panel

@sunnyside21 thanks for the info. Hopefully you will get a formal offer soon, I’m sure they wouldn’t put you through all that if you weren’t going to get it! Best of luck with it all 🙂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 MouldyApple

@sunnyside21 can I ask after EOI when you replied, did you hear back straightaway after deadline or was it a few days? Thanks

Advertisement