Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NRS12255 Clerical Officer Grade III HSE

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 marilynglenroe

Hey all I placed top 20 in my chosen area for supplementary panel. Have sent in EOI for a few posts now but so far no invitation to progress. How likely am I to get anywhere? Is it because the main panel are taking the posts or I'm just not high enough. The waiting to hear back and getting nothing is so frustrating.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 intotheunkown

Hiya

Firstly congratulations 👏🎉

From my experience the main panel have first preference so you are 20 from supp panel but there maybe more ahead of you on the main panel.

It all depends on what people want I guess, main panel may pass up some EOIs that don't suit they may want part time etc , I was in the 20s(from supp panel) and I got an invitation to proceed recently so just going through the process now.

I'd say you will get a place from this competition but in saying that this is my first time applying for any of these competitions and I'm going by what I can see on these threads and my own experience 👍

Thanks so much. And congratulations to you. I won't give up hope just yet so.

Another question. The Specified Purpose roles. At the end of the 12 months are you back on the panel or is that the end of you? Apologies if this has been asked already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 189 ✭✭Caoimhe2

While you are on the SPC you will still receive permanent job offers from the panel so you can accept a job offer.. then when your spc contract is up u start your permanent position

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 laurenmegan

Hi guys just got accepted for an EOI.. didn't expect it to be so quick. What is the average wait time for start date? Also what is the starting pay scale ? Its that long since I applied and different figures online. TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Rootsblower

FORSA union has just informed members of the HSE “temporary pause” on all clerical/admin grade 3 to grade 8 unless the post is specifically approved by the National HR Director. This means no new jobs or promotions within the HSE for an undetermined period of time. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Congrats wait can be anything from 6-12 weeks depending on how quick they move pay scales have increased so that's probably why you are getting different figures so just look for most recent info online

Thanks so much for this

So we're screwed then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 MrsBean8

Hi All, I have accepted a job in my area and am now at pre clearance stage. I am in my current job less than 6 months. HSE recruit are insisting I give my current employer as a reference and are quite insistent. Is there any way around this as I do not feel comfortable essentially telling my employer I intend to leave without a start date or a solid job offer. Has anybody been in this position and what was the outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭DEW138

Wife, who works in HSE got email from her forsa union branch

• Registered Users Posts: 6 rmtoh

Extended to Grade 3 and above unfortunately: https://www.forsa.ie/faqs-protect-clerical-jobs-stop-outsourcing-ballot/

"On 24th July management escalated and put in place a FULL RECRUITMENT PAUSE from Grade III and above. They have stated this was due to their concerns over the number of clerical admin / managerial grades recruited in the last six months."

I'm currently going through the process they have contacted references etc just waiting on Garda clearance, would this affect my potential position I wonder?

I know right, i got an eoi on Monday and i know i am on top of the list, and its silence.. probably due to this, ah.

Same here. I know I'm next on list. Absolutely raging. Was talking to someone yesterday and they telling me how badly they need staff so they'll be using temps who get none of the benefits of a permanent job and the agency also gets paid. So it's some really bad financial planning but someone is making money..I'm just so disappointed

• Advertisement

It’s tough on anyone close to the top of their respective panels. Wife told me that if the positions to be filled are deemed “crucial” then it will be filled and that if it’s a retirement replacement it will be filled so some hope at least. All new appointments must be approved by the national HR director apparently. The gist that FORSA are saying is that there will be no increase in overall clerical/admin numbers. She also said that use of agency workers is to be curtailed also.

Thank you for this. A sliver of hope at least. Really appreciate the information. Back to the job search drawing board

• Registered Users Posts: 9 pb4

Hopefully still going through. My garda vetting came through 22 july but have heard nothing since. I was speaking to 2 others going through the process & 1 girl got an email today, so still seems to be going ahead.

I got phone call from occupational health today she said she was so clearing me so I assume I'm good to go lol

I haven't had any EOIs since so maybe it's anyone at that sage I dunno

How long are you waiting to get contract?

On the email it said could be up to 3 weeks after garda vetting.

Oh my Lord another 3 weeks lol, longest process I've ever been through.

Which email was this? To say your Garda clearance was done or what was it In relation to?

This is all Im waiting for now was sent of today so hoping it won't be to long to get cleared?

On the final stage email from recruit screening. It said it could take up to 3 weeks for contracting team to contact. Very long process.

Thanks for that.

Just got that exact email there few mins ago, shame takes so long the department I'm going to are so eager for me to start I've already met the team and picked hours and days.

Hi can I ask how long have You been waiting? I got an email to say I have been accepted last week. Today I had to fill out the PPHA and I sent it back by email. Have not had anything from the recruitment email just an email from Admin to say that I would receive an email from recruitment. Should I get Garda vetted myself or do they arrange this? On the form today for stsrt date it just said ASAP. What should I expect next? Thank You

• Advertisement

Hi only seeing this , no I decided to go for full time as very little part time has come up. I got one but the hours didn't suit so I didn't accept as it was night time work. Have been accepted for the FT one now and just going through clearance stage.

I accepted the job on the 4th of July and still waiting a start date.

They will send you the Garda vetting form and then you will get a link from them to fill in.

I got the email thursday that Ive progressed to final stage, but will be at least another 4-6 weeks.

Post edited by intotheunkown on

It'll be about 10 weeks. They will send you link for garda vetting after reference checks.

Hi all just wondering if anyone else had this issue my friend is going through last stages of paperwork for her position she was employed 2022- until July this year her employer filled in a reference form... before 2022 she was unemployed for 4 years hse were looking for a character reference she sent across the details now they are saying they won't accept a character reference she also sent across a social welfare statement showing payments received to cover the unemployed period still not accepted...any idea what else she could do?

Hey, is there anyone else in the company she was employed in that can give a reference also? I gave 2 ppl from the one company as I have been in the Job all my adult life and both were accepted. Both managed me though I couldn't give someone who just worked along side me.

They also said I could use a teacher from a course / school aswel but I couldn't use a character ref.

Have they been in Contact with You? I got same email last week has moved fast up to now so just wondering if You are still waiting? TIA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 jane1986

Hi there

Can anyone help, I've been placed high up on supplementary panel, have been getting loads of EOI for all over the country, got 4 for my county, expressed interest and nothing. Will I be waiting months for a successful expression of interest? I'm clueless to all of this so Any help would be greatly appreciated

Hi her employment only covers an 8 month period they want references from a 5 year period she was a mature student in college 2020 until 2022 college have given a letter stating she attended and the dates HSE won't accept this either they want their employment reference form completed by the college but the college won't complete it as she was a student and not employed there. HSE have said if she is unable to supply the required documents she will not be able to take up a post with them.

Hey

Not sure if this was directed towards me but said I'd reply Incase

That's amazing yours has progressed so fast, did you have Garda vetting to do?

I'm Still waiting got an email (after I followed up) to say Im with contracting team now and will still be at least another 5 weeks.

Longest process I've ever been involved in.

Hi

Congratulations 🎉

It really all depends on a lot of factors, from your post there are people ahead of you on the supplementary panel but also from alot of previous panels which are still active so it is extremely hard to tell. I thought I'd never get anything but I was successful but maybe not many people would want part time.

I emailed them after the closing date of an expression of interest I sent in to see how many expressed in front of me , that's a good indicator, other than that it's just a waiting game I'm afraid. Sorry I'm not much help.

Ah OK thank you so much, there's actually a pause on the recruitment so it's a slow process! I'm dying to leave my job, so I'm itching to get a successful EOI 😩

• Advertisement

Thanks for reply - Yes it was for You 😅

I keep hitting the reply button and it puts my reply as last comment!

Have sent off Garda Vetting and have had an email back from them, and the email to say Contracting Team would be in contact with me within 3weeks. I put the EOI 18th of July, got it the following week. Was just wondering had You heard as You are a bit ahead of me. Trying to figure out what my start date could be.

Haven't heard anything since last week so just a waiting game now.

I'm of no help then. They definitely told me I could get someone from a college but I didn't in the end. On the form they need to sign the college can just state she was a student and not an employee in the answer boxes if she can explain that to the college or use a tutor that she knew well as the ref ? Sorry I am not much help.

(When you want to reply to someone click the quote button instead of reply 🤗)

Gosh that was quick I feel like it's never going to happen at this stage for me , so the contracting team told me.... They had my file but it will take 3 weeks for it to be even assigned to someone and said they need to be given a minimum of 2 weeks when you agree a start date with management so in a nut shell at least another 5 weeks lol

Ah i think you will definitely get a post soon and once u get accepted it might make working in current job a little easier knowing there is light at the end of the tunnel ⭐

But just so you know when you are successful be prepared for another 10-12 weeks from when you accept post untill you start the post 😳 (not to be a downer just sharing my experience) 😅

Yes I did hear the process takes ages but once I know i can tell my boss I'm leaving I don't mind how long it takes. I did email admin and they said they can't tell me where I am placed on the panel until there is a live EOI so fingers crossed for another 1 so I know where I am!

Such a slow process but hopefully worth it in the end 🤞

Hi

They have a new campaign up now for clerical grade III

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭I am me123

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭I am me123

Thank you. Worked perfect.

Quick question, do you know if changes to the preferred location stage are permitted later on? As far as I can tell one county of choice is permitted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement