Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part XII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,877 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

That farce of 8pm closing for places came in after we panicked and done SFA people binge drinking in pubs

Yep but de variants and the fact panic could set in by our leaders. Its a game who blinks first

99.5% of people do not want restrictions to return

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

Jaysus a few of the lads showing their true colours now eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,095 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Yea a few honest people left

• Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭kirk.

Never apologize

Fuk the begrudgers😀

• Registered Users Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

In fairness if they didn't blink in March with 1600+ cases in hospital and calls from unions/RTE etc etc I don't think they'll blink in the future

906 In hospital this morning with COVID, up by 130 from last week and up by 221 from 2 weeks ago... Worst case it should hit 1,000 by Friday or Monday

CMO warning of a big surge which will have an obvious effect on these figures, but an extra 600 would be a lot I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭323

People of Cyprus pissed, as of Friday they're to wear masks again, whilst indoors, jabbed or not.

So basically admitting their jabs don't work and none of this was ever about health. Already been discussed here last week, so how long before our puppets try to push restrictions again? Another two weeks, or months or years to flatten the curve.

“Follow the trend lines, not the headlines,”

Dunno not great them coming back during summer

Part of the problem seems to be the rules around self isolation, is there any need for all this absence from work now

That's the million dollar question

The vaccines now don't seem to be a way out

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Penfailed

It's not admitting that jabs don't work. It's a belt and braces kinda thing. They can't physically check who is vaxxed and who isn't to determine whether or not they should be wearing a mask so it's a blanket rule.

If it's not about health, what's it about? Are you one of those that thinks it's all about control? To what end?

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Advertisement

Possibly they are in a sense but conflicted parties having there own opinions on them

A real kick in the gut for Vaccines could be when we see a country go back into lockdown, Ireland must still have one of the largest uptakes in them still ?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

I am very conflicted here.

Never want restrictions back again.Ever. Masks, I am ambivalent on.Wear one if you want.

Buuuut....I caught covid early in April.I am just about 40.Have had 3 Pfizer jabs.And to be honest, I still am not right, 12 weeks on. I am - was - a fairly fit person.Never had lung issues before, no other health issues.Covid was "just a cold" for me.Until the tenth day.Then it wasn't.

It took me 4 weeks after the first 10 days, to get rid of the lingering ache and wheezy sensation in my chest.Closer to 6 weeks to work out the "jelly legs" feeling in my muscles.I ended up getting a sick cert for a week for work, 2 weeks after I actually tested positive.I managed 2 clear weeks 6 weeks after testing positive, and then I don't know what happened - I picked up a virus from the kids, I got a secondary virus, I haven't a clue.Either way it hit me from several angles.Very very breathless, muscles like jelly, 10 days of steroids, 2 separate antibiotics and while I was at it, tonsilitis and painful swollen glands around my neck, collarbone and underarm.Another sick cert off work.I am here about 4 weeks on from that second dose, taking puffs from a Symbicort inhaler twice a day, and supplementing with ventolin when my chest gets unbearably tight.Only in the last 4 days have I managed to get through 3 of the days with no ventolin, just the symbicort.I do not have asthma, I have never had lung issues in my life.

I have kids and a job, and I can tell you now I do not want to get covid again.Not going through that again.I'll wear the mask, avoid the crowds but I am doing that on my own time .I don't want restrictions brought in again.And if another vaccine is offered, I will probably take it, although I had my doubts on that a few months back.But I do not want a repeat of the last 3 months.

So fair play to you if covid is just a cold and lets you off lightly.You're lucky, tbh.It's a total lottery, no way of knowing til you catch it, so don't dismiss it too easily.

Sorry to hear Shesty . Remember us talking about how long it takes to get over it and thought you had recovered after a few weeks .

I got over Omicron but the original dose at the beginning of the pandemic knocked me for six for a long time and I was about 2 months before I could go back to work at all never mind full time . . That year I had breathlessness , chest pain , palpitations and bone pain before finally putting it behind me a year later . Went halftime because was just physically unable to continue otherwise and am now retired .

I know some others who like me would have been fit and active with minimal health issues , but around my age, which is no spring chicken😁 and most took a while to get back to ourselves.

But we did , eventually , and I was in dread when I caught this again last Christmas , but thankfully it was much less virulent, although I had a worse dose than the rest of the family .

This variant can reinfect again and again so you are right to be careful . I won't be risking my health or my family's again . However I am not wearing a mask unless I really have to and have been out and about doing everything I would have done before .

For the majority who will be fine it is an annoyance , for some it is a nasty dose , but they recover quickly , and for another group for whom at this moment we cannot predict , the after effects are very debilitating . People really can do as they wish at this stage and I think that is the way it will continue

I don't think MM will be making any decisions to change the status quo and doubt if Leo will either . .

I don't think anybody wants to see a return to wholesale restrictions , but likewise nobody should be castigating others if they are cautious and want to wear masks or are concerned about high numbers of community infection .

Best wishes for a complete recovery .

I almost hitting twelve months since I got Covid. Energy levels still not back to what they were. Taste just about...but not quite, back to normal. Sense of smell...fúcked. Great when using a portaloo at a festival but pretty awful the rest of the time. "It's just a cold bro". Yeah...fúck off.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

🤣

For the love of God, will you stop talking about lockdowns ffs

It's like some form of Stockholm Syndrome at this stage.

Cyprus has a 53% vaccination rate, probably something to do with it

Ireland is over 90% vaccinated, plus we're nearing the end of this wave, by the time any restrictions take effect it will be too late for them to have any real meaning

Does anyone have a prediction for the winter

Please don't reply wait and see , cos that's not a prediction

I predict the powers that be will say ...

" let's wait and see " ..

I'm thinking advisory only on masks and and a big push on vaccination

Who knows with these idiots , I hope someone with medical expertise is calling the shots

Don't want some rail union leader deciding I need to wear a mask

• Advertisement

Sure isn't that what is going on atm ? Advisory on masks in certain situations and push on vaccination ?

Who do you think is advising the government on this all along ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

The push on vaccination is going to need some scary new variant. Everyone’s had Omicron now, very few will be arsed with any more vaccines.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Thanks @Goldengirl .Frustrating, as I am 95% functional - thankfully never had the brain fog or fatigue problems - but I have paid so much money to my GP in recent weeks for a problem that can't be heard when they listen to my chest, and that can't be seen in my O2 levels which are 98/99% continuously.Yet there is definitely a restriction of some sort there.Hoping it will lift over time, best I can say.

A friend working at the front line of this tells me they are seeing asthma, high blood pressure and hormonal issues as almost standard in the weeks after people catch this.Women are faring worse (which I think research backs up).In some ways I have got off lightly but still, it isn't enjoyable.

On vaccinations I think they will, once again, be too late to the race with the vaccination push and we (as a country) will end up with a glut of vaccines in January when a 4th or 5th dose will be offered to the nation but most of us will have had covid in the preceding weeks and can't take it

Pi will likely be more transmissable and less severe again than omicron but the govt will loose their ****, again... What exactly happens with restrictions? Pick random words out of a hat

My prediction

I hope not.Because despite my earlier comments about myself not shaking covid easily, seeing the emotional and mental damage those restrictions inflicted on so many people, young and old, around me - including myself - they weren't worth it for such a prolonged period.They should have been severely curtailed in their use after the first round, when we didn't know what was going on.Short sharp periods, used in conjunction with masks, social distancing and the rest.This thing of them staying in place for weeks and months should not have been allowed.

We can argue black and blue about their usefulness, but on balance I do not think the wider, more subtle damage inflicted by them on many other fronts over such a long period, was of benefit to anybody.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

Posters still talking about impending restrictions in the "Relaxation of Restrictions" thread, a thread which should be obsolete as all restrictions are currently relaxed. Go figure.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭growleaves

'Pi will likely be more transmissable and less severe again than omicron but the govt will loose their ****'

Pi?!

"Don't come near me, get back!...I've got the 3.14"

Posts like these are the reason I love coming back to this thread

Pi is the next in the greek alphabet after omicron, although they skipped Nu and Xi so no guarantee

• Advertisement

Would you prefer some good news? Ok then...

Hospital COVID numbers are down today for the first time in a while and experts are saying this wave will peak next week

Advertisement