Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Any 530e owners out there?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Looking to pull the trigger on a 192 530E- one of the things I like (which the car I'm purchasing doesn't have) is the M performance body kit

If you like the M-Sport, then buy an M-Sport. It's not feasible to upgrade an SE to M-Sport spec. The M-Sport has bigger wheels, blue performance calipers, stiffer suspension etc. There are plenty of M-Sport 530e available.

Upgrade the speakers with Eton drop in replacements c/w tweeters.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭986s

Hi Kramer,

Yes it's a M sport alright- but just like the added M performance kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,317 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

From what I've seen, cars with m performance kit appear to sell cheaper than standard m sport.

Personally don't like the extra kit - it's just alittle too much but each to their own.

I would just look for car with that kit instead of trying to add it although I believe this was always just a dealer fitted accessory kit and never factory.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭WacoKid

I added the rear diffuser to my 530E from Red Power Motorsport. The back of the G30 is plain without it IMO but I'm not a fan of the side or front skirts, makes the G30 look cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭986s

Many thanks for the recommendation- will check them out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 Maddic_Irl

Guide for BMW Dealer pricing, www.kearysbmw.ie/web/body-kit-bmw/

Bought from grills from this company in Germany, also do full kits, https://www.schmiedmann.com

Anyone have the issue with the gloss black exterior trim on m-sport fading? Anyone get them replaced under warranty?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭PaulJoseph22

No, have them on both BMW’s, both as good as new.

Thurtle wax snow foam, it just the trim around the front spot lights, no other trim has faded such as around the mirrors. Quick search and this appears to be a common problem (UK and US forums), sometimes replaced under warranty depending on country.

The grille is aftermarket so about 1 year newer but serves as a good comparison, you can see the blue tint to the trim around the spot light.

• Advertisement

Yeah you can see it alright. UV damage maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Shame about the fading but absolutely love the front of these cars! Savage looking

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭AidenL

Has anyone here changed from a 530e to a full BEV recently?

I suppose I’m wondering which do you prefer and how do the practicalities compare in daily and ongoing use now you have experience if both?

i find the 530 boot to be useless when away for a longish period when two suitcases would be needed or going on holidays, that’s irregular use in all fairness. Otherwise I love it.

it’s a 211, so I’m wondering should I refinance when the PCP is up, or move now and get a BEV.

I’ve looked at the iX and M50, dismissed the M50 as too small, the back seats and door in particular, love the iX but is goes beyond 100k for a decent spec.

im within 10 years of retiring, so I’d probably be better off weaning myself off the PCP habit before income drops.

So something like the EV6 or Ionic 5 would be much more sensible and affordable.

Usage is perfect for plug in, wife drives usually 20km per day, occasional long run at the weekends. Maybe I should just keep it as it’s well specked, and only 19000km after 18 months. Charged daily, so costing very little to run.

I think you would be stone mad to hand in your 5 series for either EV6 or ionic5 specially seeing as the battery range works for you.

Im beginning to think that myself - I usually change every 3 years, maybe I should make this last for 5 or 6 and leave myself with more options for then.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Hold out for a few years and replace it with a 1-2 year old Next Gen 5 BEV 5 Series.

That's certainly my plan - The new BEV 5 Series is due out this time next year from what I can gather.

That should be a great car and certainly worth hanging on for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

A6 etron coming soon too, would be one to look at as it looks like it will be beautiful. Mercedes got the styling wrong with the EQE in my opinion.

Both very expensive though for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭OmegaRed

Just looked at mine (same colour as you) and the exact same thing has happened (wish I never saw your post as I hadn't seen it till i went looking 😂😒). Just on the drivers side though.... the one on the left is fine. very strange

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭SummerK

Has anyone bought an extended warranty on 530e? The warranty on my car is expiring this month-end and I am looking to get one with €335 excess which would cost €574 per year and covers almost everything.

Lads any inputs on my above query please.

It's a no brainer.

I don't understand why some of the used car traders don't highlight this warranty option to interested buyers. It would make them as attractive as main dealer.

Is it the BMW Extended Warranty or is it the new age BMW insurance policy?

It’s from BMW i.e Bmw-warranty.ie

Its bmw extended warranty which is the new age insurance policy.

Repairs would be done at main dealer.

There’s zero excess policy available as well for c. €900 but I think I will go with €335 excess this time since car has been very reliable and current mileage is 29k km.

Here’s full details on pricing

• Advertisement

Any special condition now on when it can be taken out. Is it only for cars coming straight off the end of manufacturer warranty?

Advertisement