Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2022 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

As someone who has previously passed AND failed the situations(I changed my answers the second time as it was the exact same situations to try improve my results, but failed)... Who has a good head and experience and nailed the internal EO.

I can categorically say those situations are beyond stupid.

I'm going to use this competition as a potential transfer option.

Haven't checked what the situations are this time but wouldn't be surprised if they're the same as 4 and 2 years ago.

And no doubt my experience and competency shown internally will count for nothing in that crap shoot.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭skidmarkoner

I'm planning on doing it on my work setup. I've a second monitor. Should I remove this or will leaving it off suffice?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 donotvalidate

@skidmarkoner I left mine there just turned it off. Surely to god they'd notice if ya were looking at it and anyway its not like you've time!

Just finished the numerical test. 59 questions in just over a half hour and a few of them have lots of reading. If I ask my EO a question too early in the day their head explodes lol I can't imagine if I asked that many that fast! My first open EO competition and I dont have much hope :(

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭claregal1

Hi did you do all of them ? I can't imagine getting then all done !

It said in the info booklet that it would be graphs and pie charts . Did many of these come up ?

Best of luck. I failed the internal one before Christmas so hoping to do better with the open and interdepartmental one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 shar19

just wondering if you have the option to skip a question in the numerical and come back to it if you have time at the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭mtb_sends

@donotvalidate The stage one information booklet said it's 36 questions in 35 minutes for the numerical test. Is this incorrect? You said you did 59?

Post edited by mtb_sends on

@claregal1 I did but some of them were just click and hope lol there were a few pie charts and graphs yes

@Sad ProfessorProfessor apologies. I cannot seem to delete that tagged name. Dunno what's going on.

Anyway, yes you can click back over all questions

• Advertisement

@donotvalidate 👍️

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭ Gibson Nutritious Rent

i did them all yesterday - they were very simlar to the sample test on public jobs page

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Inmate2020

Well no beating about the bush … I found that tough .. verbal reasoning - at points I hadn’t a breeze what they were on about .. numerical I went like the clappers and was 4 short .. situational prob my better one … all in all a big challenge 😳

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Belle23

When I went into take the situational judgement room scan, it said in the warning frame:You need to complete the Verbal Reasoning Test room scan IMMEDIATELY BEFORE taking the live test.

The warning for the verbal and numerical were correct.

Anyone else have this problem? Afraid to proceed with it as is.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭MrsBean

Can anyone tell me what provider they are using for the tests this year? Had a look at the info booklet but it doesn't seem to specify. Previously it was cut-e or Aon. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Onthefence

@Belle23 I saw the same but proceeded anyway. Hope it's just a typo

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Sunshine_21

I did all three tests yesterday. I Found them difficult especially the numerical, I ran out of time. I had my passport as I.D and forgot to show it. I didn't get any prompts to show it during any of the assessments. I take it I'm probably out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Everyone seems really really worrierd about the time allowance. To be honest, it's nearly impossible to do them all accurately within the time allowance. At least I felt that way for the practice tests. I had a good few questions left for the numerical and verbal.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭furrybones

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

I didn't see it come up. I think I just got caught up in the scanning the room. I could just be overthinking it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭furrybones

You may not have been required to show your ID as you'd already have done that with the ID verification step. Hopefully that's the case. I haven't done the tests yet, but someone who has might chime in on this.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

I presume I can use a physical calculator as opposed to one on the phone or laptop for the numerical test?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Belle23

• Registered Users Posts: 35 BusyBee2022

I didn't get prompted for ID on any of the tests

I was thinking that I could of just been mixing it up with verification. @mtb_sends yes I used a calculator. I just showed it on the desk during the room scan. Best of luck everyone.

Did anyone actually get all the numerical questions done in the allotted time. I only got 32 done and numerical is normally my stronger section. Doesn't bode well for the remaining two tests

@BusyBee2022 thanks for letting me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭jaffa20

I agree, i found the numerical had any too much text in the questions too. It was ok but don't think i did amazing. Not looking forward to the other either. Even more reading!!

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Stranger Things

I forgot to show my ID. I think they have ur ID on file and take a screen grab of your face you do before you show your set up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 portiaorleans

EDIT: resolved

Post edited by portiaorleans on

Advertisement