Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2022 Executive Officer Civil Service

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 MaggiMay2019

Just completed all 3 . Found numerical the hardest much harder than 2020 EO . Passed last time wasn’t happy with OMM but hopefully this time do better . Best of luck to everyone .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

All done for the 4th time. Hopefully I'll pass again this time round.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭WHIreland

What did you answer for the situational test re the angry pensioner? Just out of curiosity as you passed 4 times I've never done it before lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

II honestly can't remember. It's done, I've moved on. Only passed 3 times BTW 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 25 pink15

Just completed all 3..hard to tell how it went. I was expecting more than 10 questions in the job simulation test.

Ran out of time in maths and verbal reasoning.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Lynnington3

How long did it take people to complete all 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭mtb_sends

@Lynnington3 Each test is roughly 30 mins long. I just did one a day rather than all in the one go but it finishes tomorrow so put aside roughly 2 hours and you'll have plenty time including the room scans.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 riddlemedizz12

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone had applied through Irish and heard back?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭WHIreland

Just finished them... glad that is done ✔

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Just1more

Took a few attempts to get the room scans to work for me. Chrome definitely worked better than Edge.

Also had an issue during the live tests where I'd click to move to the next page and get a blank screen. Waiting about 15 seconds, clicking the address bar and pressing enter sorted it every time.

Precious time lost but no big deal overall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Heres_hoping

The same with me, did'nt even finished the numerical test! good luck to you too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 407 ✭✭skidmarkoner

I never had to scan during the tests only before was this the same for everyone?

@skidmarkoner Are you talking about the ID scan or room scan?

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭solidasarock

Gave the practice test for job simulation to some of the guys at work and results are all over the place from low to high.

Feels that one is a real shot in the dark. There is obvious bad answers but then various right solutions

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭barneyrub

How do you know if the room scan didn't work? Mine never said anything

All done here...really not sure about them. Numerical the easiest. verbal was okay and the situation I've no idea (finished it with 16 mins left so not sure if that's good or bad!!)

I did both of them but I thought I read somebody on this mention they had to room scan mid test?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Hooray horrible AON tests werent used. Numerical was very fair....few are text heavy...best to guess those as they eat up time. Answers to SJT were rather rubbish....verbal can fry your brain in parts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,180 ✭✭✭Guffy

Finished all 3.... absolutely messed up the situational realised 3/4 of the way through I was answering as a CO. Ah well, always next campaign.

Numerical was very doable, 8/9 correct shouldn't be an issue for anyone. Verbal was OK, had plenty of time to reread the tricky ones. Just ballsed up situational myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Nightdrive

All submitted. Think I did ok, no point overthinking anyway. Any vets able to give an idea of timeframes until results?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 126 ✭✭lisabiscuit

Just finished them this morning. The numerical was definitely better than the 2020 campaign but i always find the clock off putting. Sure we'll see how it goes! Best of luck y'all!

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭newbie18892

i assume results will be out the week of the 20th July at the earliest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,009 ✭✭✭shmeee

In 2020, Covid had all these processes delayed.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭sarachryan

Can anyone tell me how many you need to get right to pass numerical?

Am I right that numerical is pass fail? How does it work from now. I don’t know what happens next

• Registered Users Posts: 11 ConorL76

Not entirely sure, but I think its 8 questions correct to pass the numerical.

I left it until 11am so ran short of time.

I was half through the numerical and it was 12:35 so I just had to literally guess a number of the numerical as it was that or not submit at all.

I flew through the situational so still had 15mins left so the order I did them was the issue in the end.

I'm already an EO so this is just a transfer option which is why I was so lazy about getting it done.

So not really a big deal.

Maybe I will get lucky and guessed the 7-9 questions right and it'll even out, I just hadn't the time with some of them to be sitting calculating with the time of day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭aaron5250

Completed all three this morning. I gave it a good go. What more can you do. Forgot to show underneath the desk before the first one - whoops and webcam suddenly stopped working during the situational one. I shut down the browser quickly, reopened the browser and thankfully the webcam started working again. I then completed the situational.

Waiting on OOM now.

Best of luck everyone.

When I clicked submit it went to a blank screen that was loading endlessly.

If I refreshed the page or did anything it made me start the scan again.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭fionnr01

Did anyone receive confirmation of test submitted? I didn't.. It said completed on every link though.

@fionnr01 I'm fairly sure it said on the test website they would not be sending correspondence confirming you have submitted your tests so you should be fine.

• Advertisement

Yep it did say that.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭blackro12345

Did all 3 tests. They should really acknowledge that you completed them. I was worried when they didn't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭laoisgem

I'd prefer that they spent the time and resources in getting the results calculated and sent out than send confirmation emails but that's just me.

In the last round in 2020 I spent a lot of time preparing and practicing and scored in the top 10 and top 15 in my chosen counties but when the time came I wasn't in a position to take up an offer. This time around I didn't, so much so I left it till Wednesday morning to complete the assessments and just winged it, I guess time will tell.

@laoisgem I'm sure the work you did for the previous campaign probably helped with this round of tests even if it was two years or more ago.

Thanks, I hope so. I did complete all the numerical and had 20 minutes left in the last exam so fingers crossed. Good luck to everyone going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭blondie007

I'm guessing it'll be Friday 22nd for results. In the 2020 campaign the latest submission date was on a Weds at 1pm, same as this one. The results were sent to our message boards on the Friday 2 weeks later - so 2 weeks, 2 days wait. Would hope it won't go longer than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Iggy1986

Yes that was part of the room scan if you read the instructions.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Iggy1986

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭castle_lover

Spoke with PAS in the end, and it's ok to not scan the room in this situation as the monitor is big enough to see around the room.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭castle_lover

Also anyone who done the tests in 2020, did any of you ask for your feedback? I wonder who to contact as I got to interview and failed by 2 marks on 2 competencies. Disgusted with myself my examples weren't good enough. I'd love to know the feedback to hopefully do better this time, if I get that far. Was my first time doing it last time, so to get that far was great but still beat myself up.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Sinradler

8 0r 9 is for CO, for EO the passmark is approximately 46%.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭shardor18

I know that in the 2020 campaign it was pass or faill for maths and then the other 2 strands were used for deciding OOM but it was specified in the application or familiarisation. I didn't see that specified anywhere for this comp but alot if people are saying it is the case anyone clarify this please?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Govannan

I don't recall that being in the familiarisation for the 2020 campaign. Was it definitely the in there? I do remember everyone saying it at the time though.

I'm 99% sure it was specified in the material somewhere prior to the tests.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Numerical was taken in account in determining oom for inter HEO competition this year. So nothing is guaranteed. Same cud happen with EO comp

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Stranger Things

In my camera window it couldn’t see my room or hands during the test, Just my face as I wasn’t focused on looking at it. I did the room scan correctly so maybe that will be okay? Or am I out?

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭blondie007

That's fine. they have a wider view from their side. Once you can see your face in the small screen frame - its all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Nowyousaidit

Wishful thinking that we might hear something this Friday regarding the results.... hopefully it will be good news for us all on here!! 😄

• Advertisement

@Nowyousaidit I know the waiting is killer. Fingers crossed for good results

Advertisement