Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2022 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 greysgut

Thank you 😃

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Kurokishi

Anyone else still waiting on verification? Did it yesterday around 7PM.

Edit @ 15:34- Verified

Post edited by Kurokishi on

• Registered Users Posts: 32 jasoncoylerd

I guess not

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭TheDavester

is there any sample/practice tests on this - other than the one question on the familiarisation part and the exam on the public jobs page

• Registered Users Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭jaffa20

I really hate the situational judgement tests and no doubt, they will be taken into consideration for the results, with the numerical test results not counted again. I always to much better in the numerical tests than the others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭acawarrior

I agree, I think it's a joke that numeric results aren't counted towards OOM.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ConorL76

Correct me if I'm wrong, but all you need is a pass in each of these 3 tests? If that's all you need then we'll all get on grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Yes, correct but if you score higher on verbal and situational judgement tests over numerical, it gives you have a higher OOM. They don't seem to take into account the score for numerical for the OOM for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Sunshine_21

What is the pass rate for each test?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭paintitwhite

Hi,

Can these tests be done in parts e.g. Do the numerical Thursday and verbal on Friday or do they have to be done together?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭mtb_sends

@paintitwhite This is what it says in the stage 1 information booklet "You do not need to complete all three assessments at the same time, however you must complete individual assessments in a single sitting. "

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭RichPersonInsideAPoor

me too. I’ve done a few now and half of them I’ve scored really high and others really low even though I think I approach them all the same… I’ve no idea what I’m doing wrong on the ones I score low ugh it’s awful!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Stranger Things

going to give it a go now. Will do the 3 sections in one take. I need to get on a roll instead of taking big breaks between each. Wish me luck

Best of luck. I'm finding it hard to use the calculator on the laptop, wasting alot of time going between on the practice tests so I'm just going to use my own calculator. I've seen on an older thread the pass rate for numerical is 8 or 9.

Yeah I ran out of time. Had to rush the last 3/4. Maybe got 2 right…Do we all get the same exam? Also do they not give us the result like the practice one?

what were the type of maths questions did they ask

• Registered Users Posts: 868 ✭✭✭furrybones

I asked about the exam before and was told it was randomised for each applicant so no 2 people got the same questions. I don't know if it's true, but it would make sense seeing as we're not all sitting the tests at the same time.

We don't get the results of individual questions, just an overall score.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

There are sample questions in the familiarisation section. It's not appropriate to discuss the tests on Boards while they are ongoing, but I would say just know how to do the basics such as percentages, averages, etc. Read the questions carefully.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Kurokishi

Bit confused by the online monitoring if anyone could clear it up.

Can I use my phone calculator? Will they know that's all I'm doing? Doesn't seem like you could cheat on these type of tests anyway.

For the room scan. I was going to borrow a friends laptop as I only have a desktop PC with no webcam. If I use a laptop it will clearly show me sitting in front of my desktop PC - will that be an issue? Am I better off just borrowing a webcam from work?

It states that you can use your phone for the calculator function only. Best bet would be to put it in Flight Mode. I agree on the cheating but with the use of the phone you could potentially have someone help you.

If borrowing the webcam is possible you may be better off doing that. I can't imagine it would be permissible to have 2 devices as, again, there is the potential to have someone help you.

• Advertisement

I'm sure you did better then you think. I was reading the 2020 EO thread today, they were saying the some of the maths questions are tricky and not spend too much time on them. I'm not sure if you can skip and go back if you have time left at the end. Numbers wouldn't be my strong point so I'll definitely run out of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭mtb_sends

Are you able to select which test you want to do first or is there a specific order?

I know you can choose on the practice tests, not sure about the official one. It will be my first time doing it.

did two of them so far, you can start on any one of them

Yeah you can pick what ever. Found the maths questions okay. Time was a bit short and the other two sections time was generous. Probably did average in my results. Where can I find where I was graded??

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭laoisgem

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭castle_lover

Anyone use a desktop computer with a camera attached? I can’t scan the room with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭irishlady29

Never done these tests before and have no idea of what to expect. Would anyone have any recommendations for where i could get sample tests to try before doing the real one?

TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭nhg

If you can’t easily do a 360 degree scan of the room with the monitor you may look at another option.

You may possibly have to scan the room when prompted to do so during the tests too - that’s going by previous PAS online tests….

• Advertisement
Advertisement