Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2022 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭barneyrub

Have done the three practice tests.

Ran out of time on the numberical but got 25 out of 29 so can try to add speed there

Verbal I completed with 11 mins left! Got 46 out of 59 so just need to take a bit more time with that one.

Job simulation: This is different on the examples than what they say in the booklet? Anyone else find that??

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭quick feet

@barneyrub yes in the exam you choose whether it's an excellent,good,bad,weak, adequate response.

In the practise test you select what you would do in that particular scenario.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭jaffa20

I didn't show my ID for any of the tests because it was already verified. I just scanned the room before each of the tests.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭blondie007

Hi @barneyrub, where are the practice tests located please ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 Oceanadecola

Are you being recorded for the whole test? or does it give you a warning when they are about to take a recording of you? I tend to do questions in my head and count on my fingers at times, and don't want them to be like ???

on the publicjobs site. Think its called familiarisation

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mbo

I just did the numerical test. For those suffering as myself about this test, I answered first the questions I found most easy and wrote their number down (Q1,Q3, etc) and used the last 3 mins to answer the rest randomly. Unfortunately the answered questions are not marked as in the practice tests. Best luck everyone!

just finished the numerical. Got them all finished which scares me a little lol.

It doesn't tell you which ones you skip (if you do) so maybe note as you go along the ones you might want to go back to if you have time

Yep - camera on, full time through all assessments!🙈😂 the person reviewing will think I’m mad! Just finished all 3. I got all 36 maths questions done with about 20 seconds to spare. I found the verbal reasoning one the hardest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Stranger Things

@jaffa20 Yes I didn’t show my ID before any of the tests, that was done separately. But during the video you have to do of your surroundings, it actually tells you to hold your face infront of the camera for a second where it gets a screen grab of your face then you do the to your left, right etc. I didn’t notice it until I forgot to show my face and it popped up on the screen that I had to do it.

My only worry is with my camera you could only see my face at the best of times as I wasn’t showing it great during the tests. Hopefully not a major issue. Can’t really cheat on these or get external help.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭mtb_sends

This is my first time applying for a panel, how does it work with your county preferences. Do you go on a panel for each county or how does it work?

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭laoisgem

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mathoholoic

Does anyone know what a pass is on the numberical test? And does it count to OOM? I literally guessed about 20 of them :(

@Mathoholoic I think it said somewhere in the booklet that all three tests count towards the OOM.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭solidasarock

Any tips / rule of thumb to use for the situational / job simulation questions?

Even the practice test on publicjobs just gives you a general idea how you did. But it doesn't give you a explain on HOW you should be answering?

Everyone has their own way of functioning & learning & if you’re going for a managerial job like this which I presume you are since you took the time out of your day to try to belittle me on this feed, then you should reconsider applying because it appears you lack people skills if you are sitting there judging someone’s ways of being. Hope you’re never my manager if you’re this judgemental! P.S. you must not be good at reading between the lines if you thought I was being serious, you can’t count on your bloody fingers with the questions asked 🤦🏻

Post edited by Oceanadecola on

A colleague told me last time they were 39 to pass numerical & verbal & 37 for SJ

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭furrybones

Unless it's changed for this campaign, your numerical doesn't count towards your OOM - however, you do have to pass it. I think you need to get around 8 of them correct.

As far as score goes - To pass you need to score 39 in Verbal, 39 in Numerical, and 37 in SJ. Obviously, the higher you get in Verbal and SJ the better, as that will determine your OOM.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭RichPersonInsideAPoor

but if there's 39 Q's in numerical and you need 39 to pass then don't you need to get all correct? I ran out of time in numerical and left about 5 unanswered... I only had about 10 questions in the situational is that the same for everyone? Did others have 37 Q's in SJ?

• Advertisement

No, your score is calculated by how many you answer correctly. They are not 1 point each.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

@furrybones Fair enough, it says "Candidates must reach the qualifying standard in all tests to be considered further " in the booklet.

Yes, you have to meet the qualifying score in each section, but it was only the combined score of the SJ and Verbal tests that gave you your OOM. As PAS haven't said differently this time I'm assuming it's still the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭blondie007

I think it's the same as always too. You have to pass all 3 tests to qualify but the OOM comes from the Verbal & SJ only. Even if you score 100% in both of these but fail the numerical-you're out. As far as I can remember you need to answer 8 numerical questions correctly to pass.

How soon after the closing date could the results be out, I assume its all automated so should be fairly quick?

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭quick feet

3 week wait for results in 2020 and 8 months between sitting stage 1 and stage 2.

@quick feet I wasn't expecting 8 months now

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭newbie18892

@mtb_sends if it helps in 2020 I was invited to stage 2 four months after stage 1

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Govannan

Yeah it depends on your OOM from the tests. They put people in batches and interview each batch as needed.

• Advertisement

@newbie18892 I presume that was for Dublin? I'm guessing those panels move quicker. My selections are for the midlands

Advertisement