Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2022 Executive Officer Civil Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭skidmarkoner

I'm still waiting to be called to stage 2 from 2020 😄

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭mtb_sends

@skidmarkoner what was your OOM and county preferences?

I was in the 300s for wexford

• Registered Users Posts: 9 divine13

In regards to EO 2020, PAS have said that they are not expecting to appoint anyone from that panel after 31st August 2022

Ye I gave up on this when I seen my oom back in 2020. But it goes to show how it can vary for anyone who hasn't been on a panel before.

Fingers crossed this is my year 😄

• Advertisement

@skidmarkoner My option was for Laois, so I reckon if I get an OOM over 40 or 50 I won't have a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭newbie18892

@mtb_sends yes for Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭WHIreland

anyone do their situational judgement test.... not sure what the right answers would have been lol

yikes................ idk if i did this? i did the 15 second stuff but i dont remember it going green. is that my test wiped out now?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Stranger Things

is this relating to it taking a picture of your face? I’m sure you did do correct. It would say if you didn’t. Don’t worry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 MaggiMay2019

Just completed all 3 . Found numerical the hardest much harder than 2020 EO . Passed last time wasn’t happy with OMM but hopefully this time do better . Best of luck to everyone .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,562 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

All done for the 4th time. Hopefully I'll pass again this time round.

What did you answer for the situational test re the angry pensioner? Just out of curiosity as you passed 4 times I've never done it before lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,562 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

II honestly can't remember. It's done, I've moved on. Only passed 3 times BTW 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 25 pink15

Just completed all 3..hard to tell how it went. I was expecting more than 10 questions in the job simulation test.

Ran out of time in maths and verbal reasoning.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Lynnington3

How long did it take people to complete all 3?

@Lynnington3 Each test is roughly 30 mins long. I just did one a day rather than all in the one go but it finishes tomorrow so put aside roughly 2 hours and you'll have plenty time including the room scans.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 riddlemedizz12

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone had applied through Irish and heard back?

Just finished them... glad that is done ✔

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Just1more

Took a few attempts to get the room scans to work for me. Chrome definitely worked better than Edge.

Also had an issue during the live tests where I'd click to move to the next page and get a blank screen. Waiting about 15 seconds, clicking the address bar and pressing enter sorted it every time.

Precious time lost but no big deal overall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Heres_hoping

The same with me, did'nt even finished the numerical test! good luck to you too!

I never had to scan during the tests only before was this the same for everyone?

@skidmarkoner Are you talking about the ID scan or room scan?

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭solidasarock

Gave the practice test for job simulation to some of the guys at work and results are all over the place from low to high.

Feels that one is a real shot in the dark. There is obvious bad answers but then various right solutions

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭barneyrub

How do you know if the room scan didn't work? Mine never said anything

All done here...really not sure about them. Numerical the easiest. verbal was okay and the situation I've no idea (finished it with 16 mins left so not sure if that's good or bad!!)

I did both of them but I thought I read somebody on this mention they had to room scan mid test?

• Registered Users Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Hooray horrible AON tests werent used. Numerical was very fair....few are text heavy...best to guess those as they eat up time. Answers to SJT were rather rubbish....verbal can fry your brain in parts

• Registered Users Posts: 8,042 ✭✭✭Guffy

Finished all 3.... absolutely messed up the situational realised 3/4 of the way through I was answering as a CO. Ah well, always next campaign.

Numerical was very doable, 8/9 correct shouldn't be an issue for anyone. Verbal was OK, had plenty of time to reread the tricky ones. Just ballsed up situational myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Nightdrive

All submitted. Think I did ok, no point overthinking anyway. Any vets able to give an idea of timeframes until results?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭lisabiscuit

Just finished them this morning. The numerical was definitely better than the 2020 campaign but i always find the clock off putting. Sure we'll see how it goes! Best of luck y'all!

Advertisement