Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

People who tested positive, how are you feeling?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,770 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Negative test on Day 5

Throat is still a bit numb but going in the right direction overall

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭2 fast

Same but ive a silly cough tahys not a cough! Finger's crossed. Delighted for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

is that day 5 from first symptom, or from your first positive test?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,780 ✭✭✭sporina

didn't your symptoms start last Tue? if so this is your day 8

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭Bit cynical

End of the fourth full day for me. Posted on the second full day here.

I don't think I got the worst dose of it considering some of the posts on this thread. Sore throat particularly in the morning. Bit of a cough occasionally. In summary, mild cold symptoms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Tested positive today. Thought I had bronchitis earlier in the week as I was a bit phlegmy, and had tested negative earlier on in the week.Now I have a positive antigen test. Cough is now dry and tickly, more annoying than anything else. Head a bit stuffy too but no fever. Not much appetite either. I think I might have picked it up at a Crowded House concert the other night.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,015 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

As a matter of interest ABC , how do you do that here thing on here where it links you back ? Very handy .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,594 ✭✭✭Xander10

I know so many people with it currently. Seems the most rampant it's been.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭anglesorangles

Tested positive a few weeks ago, legs are very sore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

B'dum tish :D

The "#579" in this case is a link to the post in question. Right click on that and copy link and past it into post you want to link from.

Thank you .

And does " here " come up in your post as the link , or is it another bit of tech voodoo? 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭bad2thebone

Had the thing myself, first day I was floored, second day I had a thumping headache and feeling a bit cold and dizzy and out of it probably had a high temperature. In-between I slept a lot maybe 18 hours a day for 7 days then it tapered off I was less tired as the day's went on... 14 days later I feel like I'm back to normal .

Felt a bit stressed locked around my home for two weeks, ate well and I avoided fatty foods. Went out into the hazel wood in the valley near my house as I'm quite remote, hardly ever meet anyone there. Apart from the local goat herd's. Couldn't walk very much as the tiredness would be on you quite fast.

It's that feeling of being out of it, short memory span that felt weird as I consider myself quite sharp, the tiredness was ok as it was a nice content tired and I'd melt into the couch listening to documentaries on YouTube.

It was a strange illness, I had no respiratory conditions and my lungs were working well.

So I suppose it's the tiredness, brainfog and fatigue that I had, felt like I was stoned or something. Haven't been stoned since the late 90's.

So all in all it wasn't too bad.

google

Type the word "Here" and double click on it. A set of symbols appear the last of which represents a link. Click on this link symbol and a space opens up to paste in the url copied earlier.

👍thanks, that's good to know .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,212 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

So I've tested positive..... Again.

And now my daughter has been kind enough to give me her tummy bug (she had Covid last week)

So, I've Covid & tummy bug and feel like the demon child from the excorcist.

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Bio Mech

A few people I have heard of recently have been getting bad stomach symptoms with the latest omicron variant. Might be covid causing it. Hope it’s not too severe.

I’m on day 6. Starting to feel normal today. But still tired. It’s not a pleasant experience. I’ve had bad flus in the past and a really bad strep infection and covid wasn’t far off those. Less severe maybe but longer lasting and more variable symptoms.

ive had a dry, scratchy sore throat from the off and then days with aches and pains. Sinus headache and cough. Oh and one night with night sweats. That was lovely. Also lost sense of smell entirely for one day and then it came back the following day. Mild chills on and off.

kids have it now for 2 days. Very mild for them thank god. I had my booster over 6 months ago and don’t feel it helped me much at this stage. Booster efficacy apparently drops to 40% after 10 weeks and mine was 26 weeks ago. Testing very very faint positive on the antigen test today.

best of luck to anyone who has it. You will get there.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,212 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Fcuk Putin. Glory to Ukraine!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭cheezums

yep stomach pains/nausea was one of my symptoms. 2 weeks later and still not right.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭majo

Started mad sneezing and + antigen last Monday night. The start of 3 days of bad cough/headcold symptoms followed by 3 more of feeling v weak/close to fainting. Feel I’m slowly heading in right direction now but did antigen this AM and it went positive immediately. A truly horrible dose. With the worst of flu in the past, I have never been still sick 7 days later!

Yeah it’s a long lasting nasty dose. A couple of family friends were testing positive on the antigens for over 10 days recently. Hope you are on the mend soon.

Thanks. Feeling better a good bit today on day 7-8. Kids a bit better today too at days 5 and 3 for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Started feeling weird yesterday- just not myself. This morning I felt crap with achey muscles and beginnings of headache, then the shivering started. Took an antigen test and it was negative but I NEVER and I mean never pick up anything really so gonna do another tomorrow. Have taken afternoon off from work, currently in bed. If it’s positive tomorrow then it’s most likely from Elton John concert on Friday which was outdoors….

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Masala

What tonics/ medicines etc are people taking afterwards to help recovery...... ~????

• Registered Users Posts: 18,064 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Finally got it after all this time. Started on Saturday evening with a slight scratchy throat, similar yesterday with a bit of achiness in the legs but fine overall. Woke up then this morning with a cough and feeling a bit crap. Line immediately came up on the antigen.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭majo

Thank you. I’m sure it’ll pass in a few days.

• Advertisement

FYI for people who tested positive and their v close contacts didn't..

they think that some people might have an innate resistance

have heard one of the Dr's involved speak to Claire Byrne on RTE 1 a few times now.. v interesting.. OH here didn't get it so we signed up..

Advertisement