Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,716 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Just lodge it your bank account next time you are passing a branch. Or put it through their letterbox with a cover note containing your account details.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Thanks Newbridge.

Its years since I've cashed cheque, I don't even use cash anymore.

Even my bank closed in my local town would you believe.

But that's for the ta thread 😁.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,012 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

An Post do AIB and BOI lodgement. So they might take cheques?

To thine own self be true

Cool, the big spend is so 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 13,372 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I put fly strips up a couple of weeks and trapped loads of the little hoors. Put more up and after 2 weeks there's only 1. I hate the little fookers

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 6,780 ✭✭✭sporina

when you open a new pack of mixed leaves and there are loads of your fav one in there.. 😍

Me too, but any photos wouldn't be allowed 🤥

• Registered Users Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭Bredabe

The other day I got a bit lost going between two appointments, ended up on a path in a wooded area.

While its used by residents I have a suspicions of area's that have that much cover, coming to a blind corner I saw a jogger turn onto the path the second he spotted me he moved to the furthest part of the path as did I.

It was lovely to see a youngster who was aware or mannerly enough to get out of my way or give me space to feel safe in such an area, gave me hope.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,810 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Spent rather a lot of cash on a pair of Bluetooth headphones…. On the way home I’m thinking to myself……” look these better be fûcking unbelievably good “…… charged them… and they are indeed unbelievable good…best pair ever…. I can now drown out the ‘90’s trance at the gym, the building works over the road….that go on till about 8pm and will be perfect for obliterating any screaming kids at airports and on flights… happy days.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Everytime I order coffee from my supplier I get a nice personalised note thanking for once again ordering from them, also on the way home from the bakery this morning I met a beautiful old black and white cat, they jumped down off the wall to say hello, I spent the next 20 minutes playing with them, I was swishing a large piece of grass and they were going mad trying to catch it, just goes to show even old cats like to have fun 😺😼.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Had a similar experience with noise-cancelling earbuds as in a couple of posts up: got some SoundCore Liberty Air 2 Pros last year, and they have been a revelation. The difference they make during flights is particularly impressive: I had them in and actively cancelling for almost all of a 9-hour flight. I did put them back in the case to charge about halfway there, though that might not have been required. Sound quality is excellent too.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

A good friend of mine died back in 2014… he had a wonderful deadpan lightning wit and could take you or anyone down a peg on two but would do it with humour and wit that enabled the ‘victim’ to be able to laugh at themselves and the situation too…. On a programme on TV earlier, the same line used that I had not heard since….. to be said to a person not quiet adept at achieving their goal .” come on you, I know a fella, he’ll get you a job chewing bread for gummy chickens “

always loved that one, probably a have to be there moment though. 🤑

A certain business online who give leave for their social media team to be a little say… argumentative, sassy and smart arsed with customers who are not blanket positive about their experiences with them or their posts / tweets…

they make a post regarding a certain situation, being critical of their clientele, but attempt to cloud it in humour unsuccessfully. I reply that after my own experience with them over the last two years that it’s not exactly the clients that are seemingly the problem….which is true… They issue a full weight erm silly, aggressive and potentially offensive reply that 10 minutes later gets deleted as does my contribution.

Is it a thing now that now that ordinary employees get upset and offended on behalf of a multinational that pays them about 13.50 an hour to post crap on the internet, sometimes life is… 🤣

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Met a tuxedo kitten on my way home and spent ages playing with them, they were so playful and friendly 😁.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I bought a gadget today in Lidl for €5 for getting pet hair out of rugs. Manual thingy that requires a bit of effort but so satisfying...also I have enough hair now to make another cat. You really don't see how much hair is actually embedded until now!

Watched Napoleon Dynamite. Brilliant film. Think I finally know the message in it. A real feelgood film. Can't believe it was made in 2004

chanced my arm by making a request to a certain national sporting organisation for a favour, if yes… brilliant, if no… no problem…

but they came up with the good and some…

Mick Lynch makes me th.

My old man home after a marathon wait in a&e…. And the problem diagnosed and treated and won’t cause anything other then serious discomfort for a couple of weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,025 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I became an uncle for the first time six hours ago. Well my sister in law had a baby in Christmas 2020, but it's my direct family now so more 'related' this time.

My youngest brother and his GF welcomed the first of the grandkids into the world six hours ago, and I was teary eyed when I got the news. Had my first face-time with the little lad two hours ago and struggled to keep it together.

They are in America, so god knows when I'll actually get to officially meet him.

But beaming from ear to ear.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,780 ✭✭✭sporina

was out for a walk in the park and the smell of the roses after a heavy rain shower was beautiful - v nice when recovering from Covid - at least my sense of smell is ok.. (though I have been lucky - was only sick for about 1.5 days)

Today wasn't a good day but coming home to the smell of cottage pie being made was.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭put_the_kettle_on

Suggesting something for dinner that everyone agrees on.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,235 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

In general just sitting beside friends/family of players at GAA matches. They are always so much more invested than even the most hardcore fan. Don’t miss a thing. Always have an extra layer of info, for those around them.

It doesn’t matter what the level, a very-nervous ‘GAA mammy’ is always bursting with pride at a big Match when she says ‘ that’s my son’ or ‘that’s my daughter’.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

1) Identifying a recliner online that I like and need, 439 euros the price online. I go to shop, try the chair and Jesus fückin Christ it’s comfy and some…love it…

go to order and pay and it comes up on her screen that it’s only 385 from tomorrow but she goes and speaks to the manager who ok’s the sale price being given tonight to me….she could have just rang it through and said SFA.

2) I have a second wallet that I had about 250 euros in, but went to look for it last week and nowhere, grabbed an old jacket now to see if it’s in a pocket and there it is.

Thursday June 30th has been good to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The council resurfaced a local long stretch of road. Driving on it is like gliding. Enjoying it before everyone else cops on.

I've noticed over the past few weeks, a few small birds handing around the back and front doors, we don't put out food as there are fox(es) and cats around.

Some seem to be very young as some of their feathers are just changing colour, last night I spotted them hopping on the steps outside the front door and they move away slightly when I opened the side door.

I spotted them hopping back to the front door once they though they were safe and it dawned on me they are looking or drawn to their reflections in the glass.

At the end of a miserable day that was more than a th

• Advertisement

Having spent ages psyching myself up and writing/rewriting loads of drafts of the questions, I finally came to a place in my brain that the anticipating of getting a negative response for some people was worse than actually asking.

So I asked and they said yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's two reasons to be th today.

Advertisement