Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Novak Djokovic changing his top. That brightened my day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

SO many trivial things make me happy - simple minds & all that!

* Fluffy towels on a radiator for after a shower

* When something is reduced at the till unexpectedly

* When I find money or lip gloss I'd forgotten about in a pocket/bag

I'll stop at 3. Don't wanna overdo it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭Poochie05

After much effort I single-handedly got my new mattress from the spare room where it has been uncurling and decompressing since it was delivered, in to my room and on to the bed. Needed a lie down after all that and oh my god, the comfort! Can’t wait for bedtime later 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭purplecow1977

Today's trivial thing to make me happy:

Watching David Beckham produce some sticky stuff! 😏

It's honey, you filthy feckers! No idea how to embed links properly but here he is!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Scrub up, then mass. Happy day folks 😉

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,780 ✭✭✭sporina

was away for the weekend.. happy to be home now though.. no place like home

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Going for a spin

When I was young (still young !!) the entire family would be packed into the car and driven somewhere every Sunday, usually rural Co.Clare. So a Sunday spin was a big thing

I bought my first car 3 years ago and never used it. First year 600km, second year 1000km and this year I decided it’s an old car and I’ll drive it until it fails!

Yes fuel is expensive and my sympathies to hard pressed commuters.

This weekend I drove a random 600km with no plan and no goals, just a long spin and cheap budget hotels overnight. It’s not Route 66 in the USA or something special but I had a super time :)

That it's Friday 🙌🙌🙌

• Registered Users Posts: 24,807 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

New barber at my barbers… who happens to be excellent….probably my favourite cut since going there.

I used to have 4 years no claims bonus but I stopped driving for 5 years or so and then the NCB was lost, oh well. I had no need to drive in Dublin.

Got back driving in 2020 and my quote was surprisingly high! I paid up

Year 2 the quote was the same to the exact cent. Clearly no human looked at my file. It was generated by a computer and I got nothing for one years no claims.

Year 3 they put my rate up! Again I had no claims.

Found another well known insurer who offered to take €240 off the premium and gave superb customer service with email, phone calls and an invite to the office where I chatted to them. I signed on the dotted line!

Shop around 😊

• Advertisement

not trivial at all ..

hugging my Dad.. (who's sick in hospital)

Wishing you and your Dad all the best sporina 💜

thank you - and your username is v apt; I literally adore the bones of him

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭Bredabe

After searching for hours, I finally found my hot weather leggins!!!!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

The look on my ex colleagues face(he was shall we say, not embracing of the diversity in the building) in the uk office when I jokingly sent my friends there a photo of a tub of Lurpak 5oo g marked down to 1€ from a shop local to here.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭WJL

Balmy summer evenings 🙂

Spent two hours rearranging and tidying before the furniture delivery tomorrow, place is immaculate. I think I’ve rediscovered 16 square feet of space now that I’m orderly, systemised and tidy…

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Being in London over the weekend for a family christening and visiting the Tate Britain art Gallery. I had a great time.

After nearly two years, my rescue dog is now giving me the gooey eyes.

The snarly snappy biting dog is gone, now a soppy ould pet.

edited out

Post edited by mikemac2 on

• Advertisement

The frozen veg range in a well known chain supermarket, the floret type veg have small florets in their bags.

Which means its easier to eat in stews/curries etc.

Friday evening, work is done and the sun is shining!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,167 ✭✭✭Archeron

My local Polish supermarket got back into stock my favorite banana yoghurt so I bought ten.

I'm going to have a very happy yoghurty heatwave.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

The first mahasive poop after coming off antibiotics that cork the poop shoot.

....and home made pizza

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Going for a walk on a sunny summer evening, listening to John Creedon on the radio.

Fantastic day at the cricket but absolutely wrecked having spent almost 8 hours in seriously warm weather, made the right decision to bring a cooler bag full of drinks therefore not having to traipse over to and Q at the shops in the heat… 🎟🫣🤤😋

I phoned my uncle earlier, he's just home after 3 months in hospital. He's so happy to be back in his own place, and trying to get back to his old routine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

(far from trivial)

I got married on Friday 😁🤗

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Thank you!! Still hasn't sunk in yet 😂

Advertisement