Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

Nursing a bee back to health with a spoon of sugary water in the garden yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭SaltSweatSugar

When the new boyfriend lets you be the big spoon and you can kiss his shoulders :)

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭seablue

All the wet, muddy hiking gear from the weekend is clean again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Being able to do a small kindness for someone who is going through a tough time.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,808 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Real Madrid vs Man City being an absolute classic nail biter of a football match… best I’ve seen for a few years… no great love for either club but their teams served up two legs of splendid entertainment and quality football…totalling over three and a half hours of skill, determination and effort…marvellous stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,369 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Man city getting knocked out

• Registered Users Posts: 6,510 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Lambs and their mammies chilling on the green grass on a warm sunny May morning.

Trees in the city in full electric green in May. More trees please.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,235 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Just stuff my auld fella says (in his late seventies)

We were in discussion about my mother and her two sisters going on a day out.

When there is three of them one in particular causes arguments. They normally work best in a two out of three ‘alternating’ sisters arrangement. So one does not dominate the other two!

Anyway my auld fella comes out with this gem -

‘Sure it’s the same in the Golf, so it is. The wimmin (in general) didn’t want to play in threes - as two of the wimmin would be talking about the other one.

The golf club had to change the rule so the wimmin played in pairs instead’

😆

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Bombaby1974

Blackbirds.

love the sounds they make and the way they have a little back and forth when you whistle back to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,012 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

A man in the UK is selling his ex fiancée's wedding dress...

To thine own self be true

If I could thank that a thousand times I would 😀

Thought it would give a few people a giggle 😃

• Registered Users Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭Archeron

Spotted a big fluffy dandelion on a wall as I was walking by and thought I have to sort that out. Leaned over and flicked the seed head and a big burst of little fuzzy seeds went flying.

Just as I did that, a bee came flying past and flew head first into the cloud of unexpected dandelion seeds. He actually gathered his composure, flew in front of me and hovered at eye level looking at me for a few seconds as if to say, wtf dude, then flew away.

I found it a lot funnier than it probably was 😁

I confidently let off a fart. I think I'm over my "illness ".

Nature in the garden.

This morning I saw a massive male hare pass through and my lilac tree flowers are about to open 🐇 🌸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭sam t smith

None at all, though I still sit on the bowl just in case !

The weekend and temporarily getting off the hamster wheel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

My dog giving me random doggie kisses. This time last year I was afraid to approach him, and got bitten when I did

• Advertisement

I can really appreciate that. My cat was a wild cat when I got her, her mam was a street cat and had a litter.

My lady can still be suspicious but she's 90% a tame cat now apart from when she throws a strop 😆

I’m being bombarded by photos on WhatsApp by a friend from Switzerland who is on holiday in London, guys are in Camden in my favourite pub…. Delighted for them as they haven’t been away since 2019 as they had their first kid then, subsequently covid came so that ended ideas of getting away…..tinged with some jealousy though.

I got to see,and kiss, my children today.

Even though they supposedly didn't want me , they were overjoyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

I remember going to a mechanic with a problem and boy did they see me coming! Charged me 900 euro to fix one issue, they ripped me off

So I decided to educate myself and there are fantastic people on YouTube for car repair.

My dashboard never turned off and the battery would run down in a few days. For a 3 euro pack of fuses I fixed this.

The fan belt chirped and squealed. I pay 30 euro a new one from a motor factor, you can get one from 20 euro on the internet but that is ok and I changed it and problem fixed.

Certainly I am not a trained mechanic but for simple stuff I saved hundreds of euro. All down to youtube. I even repaired a washing machine due to youtube.

Fresh

Butter

Croissant

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Got lawnmower working. Had to clean it out, fresh oil. Happy days. Jungle cut. Patio scrubbed of moss etc. Today was Terminator, Gardening Day.

Person on social media posting a video saying that they were fat but that they now identified as trans slender…

• Registered Users Posts: 6,780 ✭✭✭sporina

pardon my ignorance - but why wud that make u happy?

• Advertisement

Advertisement