Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,112 ✭✭✭✭blade1

And we weren't invited.

I'm off over to the TA thread!!!

Congrats! 🎉

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

I booked a very basic budget hotel for Saturday. Rated 2 stars

Reviews not great but I know the chain and good enough for me.

Got an email stating they were cancelling my booking and would move me to their 4 star sister hotel down the road. I accept ! :-)

I guess they overbooked and wanted to keep parties together. No issue for me, I can move

First time in my life I got a free upgrade, yaaaay

• Registered Users Posts: 24,807 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Neighbors have a new dog and it’s a consistent barker, for the first time last night after about two weeks It’s silent , which is magnificent, as last few nights especially it’s been consistently vocal which I know yeah, it’s an animal but a lot of neighbours closer then I and are a lot older, one isn’t too well and me I gots insomnia here too at times so kudos to whomever spoke up or if he managed to gather a degree of cop on and just brought it in at night.

So good to get out of work clothes/boots/socks.

After 10.5 hours in them in this heat,it felt like diving into the sea getting them off.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Registered Users Posts: 8,574 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I took two trailer loads of scrap to a recycling centre today, you've to unload it yourself which in this weather isn't nice. Having to peel the clothes off yourself isn't a good feeling

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭seablue

Being warm in the shade.

Yeah they were clung to me.

The getting them off wasn't nice but the release when they were off was some relief!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭Bredabe

The workwear range in Aldi, picked up a few bits over time. Meaning I have nicely fitted in length light t shirts perfect for this weather.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Enjoy the benefit of two foot thick granite stone walls. Cool in summer, cosy in winter. The old people were no fools when building a house. Angled window reveals means the sunlight is deflected.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Cool in summer if the summer is short, and cosy in winter if it's not too cold. They take ages to adapt. :) But yes, much better than the cardboard-like houses built later.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭EdensTempleX

Cleaning the house all day then walking around for 20 minutes looking at how clean the place is and feeling great about yourself! 😆

Also, walking barefoot on the grass... Grounding as they call it... Great craic.

Also, organising the fridge 😂 ... This thread is great!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,780 ✭✭✭sporina

i was off yday and did the same - could't go out in the heat.. silver linings eh.. the house got a good deep clean lol

went for a fab walk by the river in the eve when it was cooler

was walking in the park this eve and saw 4 Indian 20 somethings (2 male, 2 female)... learning the dance moves to a music video they wer watching on their phone (which was propped up against a rugsack on the grass in front of them)..

delighted me to see em enjoying themselves,.. out in the fresh air.. in pretty surroundings.. enjoying the summer eve... and I bet money they hadn't consumed any drugs or alcohol..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Maybe its cause I've been wfh for a few days but seeing these outside made me happy:

A Smokey grey cat dozing on their windowsill with less than no intention of moving,

Drivers slowing down enough for me to get across an unpredictable road safely,

Small poodle chasing their pupa chino container all around the table their ppl were sitting at.

A family of grown ups sitting outside of the bakery with their food, chatting and laughing with each other and the rest of the family at either ends of the tables

The two men I passed having an animated chat about one of their grandchild's christening,

A guy having his lunchbreak in the work van and repeating Irish phrases from his portable cd player.

Local Cllr outside his house chatting to residents about the lack of bus services to places in demand.

*Its the little things really.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Builder turned up on the dot of 8, on his own, doing all the hard graft. I know the family, working hard is in the DNA.

• Advertisement

great attitude to have in life.. seeing the positives..

beats people who moan all the time..

I too love seeing people (esp family - and generations of).. enjoying one another's company outdoors, whether they are enjoying refreshments or just each other's company..

Holiday booked end of September… 21 of our family coming from Dublin and the US and meeting up in Portugal..haven’t done it in years…

• Registered Users Posts: 21,826 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Two TH's today!

The first getting a Koala Bear hug from granddaughter after a week of not seeing her , and the second is the first Lily that bloomed(?) in my pot of lilies 🌺

• Registered Users Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭Archeron

Cake, all kinds of cake.

Screw medicine, farming and nuclear fission, cake is mankind's greatest creation.

On annual leave til next Thursday 🙌

Had an hour to kill earlier so I thought I'd attempt to spice up my picnic bench a little so I burnt it with a blow torch.

Happy with it for a change

Before and after

• Registered Users Posts: 40,153 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,153 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

It is Kate Bush night on BBC2

Advertisement