Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

EasyGo public chargers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭JohnC.

I think the units only charge 1 car, you just get a choice of cable to use. Even if they had 2 spaces each, they still only charge 1 car each.

• Moderators Posts: 12,371 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Nope. EasyGo aren't responsible for the power on site. The site owner pays for the power (EasyGo refund them based on whatever deal they negotiate), EasyGo install and operate the charge point.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭zg3409

All in use except one on a working day. I presume they are for staff and visitors, but may not be accessible out of hours. It's hard to know

Progressive forecourt retailers are already adding Electric Vehicle Chargers onto their forecourts. Recently EasyGo have partnered with O’Mahony’s (Maxol – Centra, Mallow) and with Moroil (Texaco – Centra, Galway) to install the latest Tritium 75kW DC chargers that will add over 100km or 65 miles range to a car in as little as 15 minutes.

A major challenge for #EV drivers travelling long distances is the need to charge at some point during their journey. Drivers will typically plan their route to include places that provide access to convenient charging stations.

EasyGo can help garage forecourt owners & operators futureproof their business, attract more customers and generate extra revenue by installing electric vehicle charge points on their sites.

We are currently looking for suitable sites and locations to supply fast DC electric vehicle chargers at a 𝗭𝗘𝗥𝗢 upfront capital cost on a shared revenue basis - where electricity supply is made available for connection.

𝗥𝗲𝗮𝗱 𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗲 👩‍💻 - https://bit.ly/3L75btf

Contact our commercial teams to find out more info...

Dublin - email: email removed to prevent soam | Tel: 01 25 444 56

Belfast - email: xxx | Tel: 028 9099 7734

#EVcharging #EVinfrastructure #electricvehicles #sustainabilty

They opened an NI office recently

EasyGo are partnered with the Musgrave group, hence the Centra and SuperValu connections.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,816 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Surely the speed of the charge is down to the operator though, no?

Nope. EasyGo take whatever power is already on site from what I've heard. So if you pull up while centra is baking all the morning bread and cooking all those chicken fillets, you'll be load balancing against them.

The units might be capable of 75kW (if spec'd that way) but if the site doesn't have enough power that's the weakest link.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Robotfarmer

Lidl Castletroy is shown offline. Is it working?

Any offline charger from esb or easygo will not work as they cannot authorise the payment, even if free. They are not set to free vend when offline even though this is a relatively easy thing to do and older esb units used to work with a recently used RFID card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭cannco253

email from EasyGo today

First eir and EasyGo Rapid Chargers Now Live in Carlow!

We are excited to announce that eir and EasyGo have now launched the first collection of EV Rapid chargers which are replacing eir telephone kiosks starting in Carlow.

eir, Ireland’s leading telecommunications company joined forces with EasyGo, Ireland’s largest eMobility Service Provider Network to roll-out these 50kW DC Rapid EV chargers in towns and cities across Ireland, and Carlow has proven itself to be the pioneer in adopting this program.

The chargers in County Carlow, have been installed to help Ireland’s growing number of EV drivers charge their cars on the go. These have been installed at ZERO cost to Carlow County Council, with plans in place to install 180 rapid chargers in total in a number of other counties over the next few years...

You can find the 4 new 50kW DC Rapid chargers in the following locations:

• Carlow Town - 2 in Green Lane
    • Bagenalstown - Church Road
    • Tullow - Tullow Street 

There are also 3 new Dual 22kW AC Destination chargers installed:

• Carlow Town - Kennedy Street and Green Bank Car Park
    • Borris - Main Street

All chargers are installed at locations, some awaiting connection to the electric grid soon.

By adding these new chargers, County Carlow has become much more accessible for EV drivers. One major barrier for potential motorists making the move to electric is range anxiety, and having an infrastructure of high quality, fast and visible chargers helps overcome that anxiety, and gives people the confidence to go electric.

The Rapid chargers are Tritium’s world-first, next-generation simultaneous DC Rapid Chargers, adding up to 100km range to an Electric Vehicle and providing up to 80% of the required charge in just 30 minutes

The EasyGo network is used by more than 20,000 Irish EV drivers that can find, use, and pay for charging at more than 2,300 charge points nationally. You can view the cost and live status of all charging locations and start & stop charging simply on the EasyGo app.

We hope you enjoy using these new chargers to top up your car next time you are in Carlow.

Happy charging!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭MichaelR

So it looks like using ESB chargers via EasyGo might be cheaper than using them directly via ESB at this time. In theory.

In practice I could not do it when I tried at M7 Junction 14:

- I don't have an EasyGO fob or card.

• Phone RFID does not seem to work, in fact it does start a charge, but neither the EasyGo nor the ESB app show the charge, and the phone can't be used to end the charge (the "card" is claimed invalid for the purpose).
    • I tried the EasoGy app but could not work out which charger is which. There are 9 or more chargers at that point. The codes for them that are shown in the app, for example IE*ESB*E2030*3486, do not correspond to the codes displayed on the chargers themselves, for example C7YCD.  Attempts at guessing did not yield any results.

So how do I start a charge on an ESB charger via my EasyGo account? Apart, that is, from ordering a card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭loopymum

I was in Bantry Co Cork at the weekend & there is a new Tritum fast charger on the pier there. I had a look & it isn't active yet.

I know that by looking at it & checking the app.

Nice green ev spaces. It was Iced bothe days I passed. The second day I passed, the ice was actually parked across both spaces.

They would not have known it hadn't been commissioned yet.

Things are really improving in West cork though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭innrain

Honestly even with the RFID there is no guarantee it will work. They had so many issues with ecars interoperability. Plugsurfing which also has interoperability with ecars lists this ones RFID only. Hec ecars has issues with it's own chargers now knowing their status at a given time.

You can map out the connectors by checking their usage:

IE*ESB*E2066*3565 is C7YCD CHAdeMO2 (left)
    IE*ESB*E2066*3564 is C7YCD CCS2 (Left)
    IE*ESB*E2066*3567 is C8HL4 CHAdeMO

I was in Athy yesterday and we stopped at Clanard Court Hotel. They have a Tritium 50kW and a dual 6kW AC. Very nice setup. Great amenities charger close to the hotel entrance. Didn't really need to charge but still did it while having dinner. Left with 95% SoC and got home with 80%

Easygo updated the app. I was low in funds and added money after the charging session started. Charging didn't stopped as previously. Kudos.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,876 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

eCars let you go negative on their PAYG model too to allow you finish off the charge, until you clear it you will not be able to charge again though

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I couldn't start a charge on a DC unit back in December because my account balance was less that a certain figure! €10 maybe?

I called them up assuming something was wrong on their end, but it turned out it was my fault! and the guy topped my account up there and then..

Just got an email that they are increasing their prices.

Due to the continued increases in energy costs over the past several months, please be advised that the costs for charging your electric vehicle on EasyGo owned public chargers in Ireland will be changing from Wednesday 18th May, the new price will be changing to 49c per kW, (inc. VAT).

Do they follow this thread?

I believe so. The price increase it was expected though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭shanec1928

If they do can they sort there pos app out. I’ve a case open with them for the past month or so we’re the app shows I don’t have any rfid card but the website shows my rfid card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭shanec1928

re installed several times. There support is pretty poor.

Thanks, but could you please elaborate on "map out the chargers by checking their usage"? I could not decipher it from your example?

Looks like easygo trying to put chargers in Drogheda but no agreement with council

"Not everyone has an electric car, but everyone has to go to the toilet somewhere" - Louth CC

Question: how can I make sure the prices in my EasyGo app are up to date? (Well, apart from driving to a charger).

The price increase happened circa two weeks ago now, But when I look at the chargers I am likely to need on road trips:

• The EasyGo slow chargers at Decathlon: 0.26 EUR/Access, 0.26 EUR/kWh
    • The ESB fast chargers on junction 14: 0.24+VAT/Access, 0.35+VAT/kWh ; assuming VAT at 9% this is still cheaper than the ESB app
    • The EasyGo CCS charger at Tipperary Town Lidl: 0.26 EUR/Access, 0.27 EUR/kWh

Is this all true? And if it is, then to what chargers did the increase apply?

(I could not resolve my code issue but I did get the key fob and I hope that will work).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,759 ✭✭✭cython

The price hike only applied to chargers owned by EasyGo, where presumably the ones you're talking about are owned by someone else, even if they are EasyGo branded. In the app, if you open a charger and click on the access instructions it should say who owns it, and you'd be surprised just how many chargers even in EasyGo's own network are owned by someone else and only operated on their behalf by EasyGo.

All the EasyGo chargers in Lidl car parks, for example, fall into this category.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Can all these Lidl rapid chargers be used even if you don't go in the store to shop.

Or do Lidl enforce rules to say you must shop there in order to use the chargers.

Yes. On the app it says charger accessible 24h which is not the case for the shop. using the Lidl paid charger you are already a customer. :)

Ah yeah, I looked in the app and the Ikea and Decathlon chargers are owned by Ikea and Decathlon!

But Ikea only has 2 and Decathlon has 10. When I was there a couple of weeks ago, the Ikea ones were occupied (by two Teslas!) and I went for Decatholon That time we did need to get something in Decathlon, but I wonder if Decathlon enforces the "Decathlon customers only" limitation, as many people would probably just be going to Ikea!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,459 ✭✭✭✭ted1

It’s a decent walk to ikea especially if you are carrying a wardrobe. Would people park In Decathlon to go to ikea?

Advertisement