Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Law Firm Milkrounds 20/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭FE1_2020_

I have to admit I was unaware of that you could record numerous practice videos within the official interview. I was able to do this for the DAC video interview process but missed out on that opportunity for DWF. I'm reasonably happy with my response but there was one part I would love to have got another chance to submit my response again. Anyway best of luck to all involved in that process and fingers crossed for good news soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Dancing Obsession

Thank you for your comment. I am not on the right track because I got only that interview, all the others were PFOs. I was not really happy with my answers. It was chaotic in my opinion. However, I tried to apply real examples but then again not sure if the right ones.

I misunderstood the previous comment. I thought that you could practice the actual interview as many times as you wanted. I did practice interview but the questions were of course different but then as was said above no tricky questions. I actually got the impression that they tried to make it as easy as possible and that s why I am annoyed with myself that it didn't really work out the way I wanted.

Hi guys,

I created a Law group called Legally Inspired on Facebook.

It has been created to support aspiring solicitors to connect with other legal people with the intention to share their legal journey and organise professional law events. Networking within the legal profession is vital and that is our main purpose. You will get the opportunity to ask questions regarding legal topic.

If you are interested in joining here is the link:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/744180733237298/

• Registered Users Posts: 43 legallywrecked

DWF sent PFOs to unsuccessful candidates from the video interview stage yesterday evening. Not sure if they’ve contacted those moving on to the next stage yet but hope you get to progress 🤞🏼

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭irishmisile

There are more openings for traineeships throughout the year than ever - it’s not just heavily weighted towards the Autumn Milkround - if you login to the law society website, search vacancies, filter by trainees there are currently 6/7 traineeships posted. Granted these aren’t the top 5 but they will train you up and eventually you will become a solicitor. Don’t lose hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 scarson216

Anyone hear anything from MJ Staines yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 kayleee123

Did anyone hear anything from O’Shea Barry, Donal M Gahan, Adrian Burke or Carvill Rickard?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 LegallyPending

I only applied to O’Shea Barry. Suzanne said that they were behind in the hiring process due to the volume of applications. Hopefully we will hear back this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Hellodaisy

Has anyone heard from RDJ about offers for the Traineeship ? thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭LawBoy2018

I never understood that line of thinking. Why would networking WITHIN the legal profession be vital? Surely anyone with experience would tell you that it's the people you know OUTSIDE of the legal profession that bring you work.

Everybody is entitled to his or her opinion. I created that group for the purpose of supporting each other and I think it was brilliant idea because I help FE1 candidates to successfully approach these exams, I want to share my knowledge, my journey. This group also supports aspiring solicitors to secure a training contract. I am one of them and I get a lot of support from many people and I am very happy with this idea.

I am looking forward to organising different webinars and make the world of law more accessible to everyone.

Anyway thank you for sharing your opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 2020FE1

Has anybody that applied for the recent paralegal programmes/legal analyst programmes heard anything back?

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Wonderstruck

Wow, major prick alert... You've killed the thread stone cold for 2 days.

She's gone to the trouble to put herself out there and create things rather and mope about not having any contacts she's going to the trouble to meet new people. And she's done this all under her own name too - while you are trashing her on the internet anonymously. Feel like the big man today eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭irishmisile

She literally replied with what she meant to do and was kind enough to give your thick skull further clarification as you couldn’t figure out her intentions initially.

What have you contributed to this thread? At least she’s going out there and thinking outside of the box, not harming anyone yet seems to have severely triggered your ‘fight’ response.

Take your anonymous troll comments to Reddit and keep this thread positive and enjoyable.

fingers crossed we all have some luck on the training contracts soon!

For anyone who is awaiting the results letter from the Law Soc confirming all exams are passed... I got mine on Friday so they are finally getting through the requests.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Law100

Hello everyone,

did anyone here happen to interview with Daniel Spring & Co recently for a training contract?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 scarson216

Anyone hear anything back yet from Kennedys re final stage interview?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 LawNerd2020

Good to know they are getting around to the results letters. What did yours actually say? Did it give a breakdown results or just simply say you have are deemed to have passed the FE-1 Exam? Did you have to email a specific person to get yours? Thank you.

Hi guys,

I am thinking of arranging a webinar with the recruiters, trainees and partners from a legal industry but before I organise it, I need more members for my Facebook discussion group. Do you know where I could put my ad to find more future trainees?

As a trainee in one of the "big 5" firms, the harsh reality is that about 20% of trainees get their training contract via the milkrounds.

Unless your grades are stellar and you have a high 2.1 or strong connections, you're not getting into a top 5 firm without having worked there previously as an intern, a college placement student or whatever the equivalent is in your firm of choice.

About 70% of the trainees hired in my intake had already done either a summer internship or college placement and they were offered a traineeship before they finished up.

You will never hear that from the horse's mouth but it's the truth. If anyone has any other questions that you would rather ask privately, feel free to message me via DM.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭T.Chunter164

Hey guys, has anyone applied to Eversheds 2022? The traineeship - if you send in your CV & Cover Letter, has anyone received an email confirming receipt?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 LegallyPending

Hi guys has anyone here applied for the trainee solicitor role with MacSweeney’s in Galway and if so have you heard back?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Wonderboy2010

Very true! I was lucky enough to secure a training contract with a "Big 5" firm at the end of my student placement this year. Good motivator for getting through my final year in college. I'm not a fan of how competitive it is to get into the big firms though. However, I think it is more accessible then before considering that I'm not a Trinity/UCD student with 600 points in the LC. My college grades (1.1, ranked 1st in class in both 1st & 2nd Year) was literally all I had to offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭inisfree0504

Has anyone applied to be a JA? Or know what to expect with the exam this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 tippertruck

With the changes to the PPC course coming in to play this September, merging both PPC1 and PPC2, does anyone know if the Hybrid course will be altered as well?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭TCPIP

The Hybrid today seems to be what the PPC will become. It's just one constant "term" from December to October with no breaks in the training so it likely won't be altered. But then again who knows?

Advertisement