Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Law Firm Milkrounds 20/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭agoodusername

There are final year students who won't start the Fe-1s until autumn 2023 applying, so it's not an issue. You should be able to start next summer assuming that you pass though.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭mouzey

Hi everyone, was just wondering when roughly the interviews begin for traineeships. I know some firms have their applications open now until the end of October. Do interviews begin as early as November or is it closer to the new year? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6 arf123

Does anyone know how long the firms usually take to send out interview invitations once the application process closes?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 hopefultrainee

Hi all, wondering if anyone has used any cv clinics? I've paid for one and find every time I ask for help they only tell me what to cut but offer no suggestions of what to add/or how to demonstrate my transferable skills and that's the part I'm stuck with.

Coming from a change of career so wanting to demonstrate my skills but keep being told everything is inadequate with no suggestive advice.

Perhaps someone has used another service (I'm not naming them as I do not want to post negatively) that they've had a positive experience with? Or has any advice on how to even get to interview?

I've researched the firms- tried to align my skills with their needs, had recent deals in my application- paid for a service to help and still confused.

Thanks in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭murray132

DELETED

Post edited by murray132 on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 FE1recs

Has anyone heard back from Matheson after completing the video interview last week (TC)?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 DOSb77

Hey! Has anyone heard back on their MHC internship application? Or BW traineeship round 2 interview? Or Beauchamps at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Fe1-Eagles

Re MHC - nothing; Beauchamps had their interviews last week/this week and made offers today.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭swankyslug

• Registered Users Posts: 18 legalbeagle20

MHC & Fieldfisher interviews out!

• Advertisement

Has anyone interviewed with Eversheds before? What was their interview style?

Any word on interviews for Matheson, Arthur Cox or ALG?

Matheson sent out a video interview last week (shortlist) but I haven’t heard anything back about in-person interview since. Nothing from ALG.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 legallybehind3

Are PFOs out for MHC?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 legallybehind3

Anything from Hayes?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 DarthBhfeidir

Hi all, I am applying to traineeships this year and can give an update on some firms interviews. Unfortunately the process is not going well for me, despite having good academic credentials, all FE1’s, and big firm experience.

Hayes - Said they would be contact shortly, deadline has only just passed and the bank holiday added a bit on there.

Matheson - Did a video interview so things are progressing there.

McCann - Heard nothing yet.

ALG - Heard nothing yet.

Arthur Cox - Heard nothing.

Fieldfisher - Said they would be in contact.

Philip Lee - Said they would be in contact.

Dillon Eustace - Interviews being scheduled.

Kennedy’s - Rejected me. So things are moving there for some of you.

BHSM - Same as above.

Byrne Wallace - Same as above.

I’ve applied to Ogier in London also, they are interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 jcarroll9

Just to add to the (very helpful - thank you @DarthBhfeidir ) post above:

• Fieldfisher interviews are out. I think they have been going on since last week
    • Kennedys have an assessment day coming up this week
    • Ogier Leman dublin are doing interviews on a rolling basis and have been for a while
    • Dillon Eustace interviews have commenced and are ongoing. They said to expect to hear back within 2 weeks.
    • William Fry - not heard anything yet
    • FOD - not heard anything yet
    • Addleshaw Goddard - not heard anything yet
    • Orpen Franks - not heard anything yet

Best of luck - its gruelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Leitrimach

Is Ogier Leman still open? How do you apply?

Has anybody received PFOs from ALG, AC or Matheson?

Hi all

Arthur Cox to begin calls for interview next week.

• Advertisement

Yes I received an email from them saying early next week as they are currently shortlisting people !

• Registered Users Posts: 15 LoJB

For traineeships or summer internships?

Traineeships

Minor update, Matheson have called for interviews next week.

Post edited by DarthBhfeidir on

Has anyone heard back from BW after second round interviews? Or Fieldfisher after 1st round interview? Thanks

My 1st round interview with Fieldfisher is only scheduled for tomorrow so I think they’re still busy with the interviews.

I just got a call there for 2nd round interviews!

Eversheds have had their interviews.

Has anyone heard from McCann Fitzgerald re traineeship applications?

Or from Mason Hayes and Curran Summer internships?

I have had no response yet from McCann or Fry. MHC interviews next week.

Waiting on outcome of first interview with Fieldfisher and second with BW. Nothing yet from CKT either!

• Advertisement

I had my 1st interview with Fieldfisher this morning and heard back about a second interview for next week just now

Advertisement