Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Garda Recruitment 2022/2023

Comments

For anyone that has done the test how was the proctoring done with showing ID etc? And could yous use roughwork sheets and physical calculator? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 25 minilad

It's just a box for the camera that comes up and tells you to scan the room and show your desk pretty simple and only takes a minute, you also have to show your ID in the screen for a few seconds just hold it up to the camera. I used a calculator and rough work page but it says you can only take them out at the numerical stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Willie Stroker 1976

Thanks for that, Did it make you do a 360 degree to show the room? Im using a desktop to do the test a 360 of the room will be a pain

• Registered Users Posts: 25 minilad

I can't remember if it specifically said that but I did it anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 26 jcoyne22

Hi @GDA hopeful ,

Did you find the sample material any use i found it a right pain when it wouldn't give a solution for a question that i got wrong. if so were the questions much the same like mainly graphs and percentages or what

. 😯 thanks not looking forward to it at all not a big fan of maths. 😣.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 GDA hopeful

Yeah career services was very good.

I did a couple of courses and I had Garda IP too but career services was the best.

I just said I’m going to do it and get it out of the way instead of thinking about it all week.

The maths was all graphs , percentages how much diesel cars were burning for a company all stuff we had covered but as someone pointed out there the questions get harder if you get a few right so it’s going to be different for everyone.

I was flying at the start then it got very hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 hoops67

just completed mine there. it was all going well until numerical. Found it quite hard even after doing career services for the past few months.

Was it the questions that were difficult or the timing? Going to do mine tomorrow have been using GardaIP practise tests

• Registered Users Posts: 1 tomhenryford22

I just finished the assessments. I am a bit in shock. Was it just me or was the numerical section more a logical reasoning section. Where were the actual numeric's?....I'm very disappointed tbh.

Was feeling more confident about the numerical part of the test than any other part but the reviews left by a few of you guys already has me nervous about it now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Query101

Do all 3 assessments have to be done in the same sitting?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Jahcork

how did people who sat the tests get on so far? did ratios feature much? i’m feeling the numercial will be hard

Just finished, the numerical was much harder than the tonnes of prep I’d done on Career services. Not sure how I feel about my performance. Fingers crossed and best of luck to anyone yet to take it

• Registered Users Posts: 20 hoops67

I feel the exact same I done tonnes of prep but found it quite hard but glad there’s a few of us that feel the same way.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 kaycon

Sat mine this evening , this is my second time having applied . I failed in 2018 on the maths by 1 point . Hopefully this time they’ll be a bit more lenient . Prepped with career services but felt that the prep material wasn’t enough for the questioning of the graphs . Best of luck to anyone that is still to take it .

• Registered Users Posts: 15 GDA hopeful

I was thinking the same when I finished but remember what you told me the questions get harder the more you get correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 NAE1996

Just did my assessment there so fingers crossed! I was the same as yourselves, did the career services course so all went well until numerical where after a few questions it got really hard and I had to throw in a few guesses. Best of luck to everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭PCO2019

Hi folks,

I sat all three assessments this afternoon & I’m so nervous about how it went. The initial assessment (Simulation Exercises) we’re fine and there were no notable issues/tricks to make note of. The verbal assessments were ok but a small bit tricky and I feel I could have done much better but I was conscious of how fast I needed to be as it influences the overall score.

Now here’s the issue, I did the S1 course with career services and I was so confident with the numerical side of the house, I would have been aiming for a score of 13/15 at a minimum but 70% of the material that was asked today was not on the career service S1 course, however, overall career services course was brilliant but I’m abs fuming with the numerical tests because I’m decent at maths and the fact that time influences the overall score they were not fair.

Does anyone know how the scores are calculated ? As in is there a minimum threshold for the verbal and numerical ? So if there are 30 Questions between both assessments (40% = 12 correct answers) but obv I would have been aiming for 26/30 based on my career service performance in the lead up to the exam but after today only I’m nervous I have done awful overall! Anyone know how many candidates will be called forward to the next round if there are 800 Places ? 2k seem reasonable ? I’ll be mullin over this till the next round commences.

Welcome to the club mate, everything you’ve just said I feel the same and so do many others. I had very high standards set for myself prior to start the actual tests. I was smashing everything on career services, 90%+ on the tests there. Not half as confident now after the actual tests. Would also be interested though to see if anyone has any insight to how the scoring works.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭clairelouise95

I'm nervous about completing this now with the comments. Maths wouldn't be my strong point. Hoping I get enough to get across the line

Best of luck! Remember all the candidates before u have seemed to have found the numerical tests hard so don’t be disheartened if u find them hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Prodrive02

I just sat mine there. In the last 2 campaigns I got to the interview stage and passed but due to a error the first time by myself and a error on behalf of PAS I didn't get through after the interview stages. After doing the assessments tonight I'm not overly confident about the numerical test but only time will tell so best of luck folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭clairelouise95

Wonder how long till we hear after we do the tests if we passed or not?

By Mid May it says

• Registered Users Posts: 32 JustThisGuy

If you don't mind me asking , if it's not personal too. What were the mistakes made by you & PAS? Just so if we make it that far, we don't make that mistake too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭bobbyss

I have not read all the posts in this thread apologies in advance.

Are there freely accessible assessments that the gardai use so I could have a look and test myself at?

There was a link within the familiarisation booklet but it didn’t have much of a resemblance with the actual test. I used career services and off hand I think it was about €120. There should be a-lot of free stuff online.

Message from public jobs there, turned out to be a reminder but my heart skipped a beat lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 roisinoharaa

I’m working late tonight and planning on doing the assessments then, hardly look bad me sitting them in middle of the night ?🤣

Advertisement