Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,209 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I had the folks over for dinner this evening. Nothing fancy but we had some craic and a laugh. You really need it sometimes. A long day at the tech desk tomorrow and most likely Tuesday too. Keep the chins up lads. If you don't then they hit the deck.😁

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

And you're off to the dentist eh?. 😲

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Chilling on my balcony with my heart rate finally returning to normal after yesterday's cup final win and then through one eye checked the City results to see the Quadruple is still in reach! G'wan Liverpool!

Also having a self care day of eating whatever I fancy and reading and snoozing while sunbathing to help me feel better coz my eldest son has left and won't see him for a few months again. That's the worst thing about living abroad, missing family.

This didn't post earlier and now am back in here coz am being eaten alive by mosquitos and can't sleep so thought would post it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 60,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

@Witchie certainly don't make it easy on the ticker!! Are your kids gallivanting around the globe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

A&E since 23.00 with Grumpy. (He lost consciousness for at least 20 mins). Worst I've ever seen it. Trollies and chairs lined up head to tie all along the corridor. An elderly lady sitting in a hard chair on an I.V. Dad still in his clothes, now soaked with urine. He's one I'd the lucky ones, he's got a trolley in a cubicle Still haven't been seen by a doc. Thankfully he's come around a lot, fully alert and not a happy bunny. There's something up with his ticker, though. Genuinely thought I was loosing him tonight. Myself and neighbour (nurse) had to get him off the chair to the floor, his pulse became so weak we were getting ready to do CPR.

Jaysis Sardi that's terrifying first off and infuriating second off. I hope he'll be ok *Super boobly hugs*

That's not easy Sardonicat. Wishing you and your Dad all the best.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,757 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

That's a brilliant pic auto and So true 😸😺

@Sardonicat nice to see you back Sardi ! Hope you and your dad are ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,401 ✭✭✭thomil

Jaysus Sardi, that sounds horrible. Hope you and your dad get seen to quickly.

Deskside here. Still in pain, but at least the pain is getting more bearable for the most part. That being said, I was just about ready to call 999 tonight after the painkillers wore off.

Were have the times gone when a hug from my parents would fix everything???

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Advertisement

Gather up everyone it's time to kiss Thomil's boo boo better 🤣

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,757 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ohhhh look at the time gotta run.........

😅😁

Not really. Eldest moved to London in mid-March and the same day, the youngest moved to Valencia, Spain. (Not Kerry!) Will hopefully get to visit them both in July.

Saudi, so sorry to hear about your dad. Hope he is doing better now?

Thomil, am a mama so my hugs will heal. Here's one 🥰

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,889 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Work office, getting ready to give my final classes of the academic year this week. Still not quite finished with that huge stack of student assignments but nearly there!

Very important week ahead with a number of meetings etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,276 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Sardonicat that is really sh1tty. Until you see it in reality, it's hard to imagine that we have a third world health system that has neglected our seniors.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Good to see you back Sardi, hopefully things get better for your dad 🤗🤗 I can only imagine the shock

@thomil 🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,270 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Happiness is....

... A warm dog? 😂

Lying in bed feeling exhausted

Thanks for your thoughts, everyone. Dad finally saw a Doc at 8.30 this morning. They're keeping him in for tests and obs. He's definitely much better, told one of the nurses she had the most beautiful eyes he'd ever seen. Feckin chancer.

I got home about 10.00 and slept. Just tried ringing the ED but they're so busy no one answered. I just have to go on the premise that no news is good news. Will try again later.

Deskside, busy looking time at the coalface ahead.

It is the oddest night in work, i think my namesakes are fcuking with the systems, all sorts of odd faults and untraceable errors occurring feck knows what to expect *shakes fist at full moon*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

😂😂😂😂👍

Good morning all, relaxing with the mutt. Did my annual medical yesterday so allowed to gorge on anything that I want :)

Congratulations on passing your NCT, think i would fail on emissions 😂🤮

Still with the odd things happening here, be glad to see the back of the place later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,543 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Going back to bed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,401 ✭✭✭thomil

Good morning everyone :) Workside here and in a much better place mentally. Coffee now!

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

Be noon before bed for me, hope you're just resting and not ill.

@Sardi - my apologies!

I didn't see the post you made about your dear dad. Sorry to hear of all the hassle and panic at A&E yesterday (A&E is sheer hell at the best of times, been there so many times in the past when having to have an emergency alcohol detox) and I hope he is doing much better today.

You are so very good to be looking after him so well. 😊 Hope he makes a speedy recovery.

Would love to be able to do that after a night of rotten sleep. - but I have three lectures to give today...

Couldn't you give them a reading list and send them off for a bit of "self directed study"? 😉

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,366 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Lashing rain. Cat looked out and said **** that, had his lunch and went back to bed.

• Advertisement

On the way to work, it's cold or just me?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,952 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Not just you Grem , we thought the same here today .

Phew I don't get much sleep on a Tuesday but I was a bit stunned when I walked out the door.. How is all in Mam land?.

Finished at the tech desk. On the road Thursday until Sunday. I believe it's part of the wild Atlantic way for me. Reading the notes now with a cold bottle beer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,952 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

All fine here Grem thank you. I've the fire lit just for a little of heat ! Hope tonight is smooth sailing for you 🙂

Safe travelling@Grandeeod .

@Grandeeod is that work travel?. Enjoy either way.

@Mam of 4 Good, not just me, one more night here then a sleep hopefully

Super blood moon heading your way tonight, good luck 😉

• Advertisement

Pop in for a cuppa if you're my direction 😉

I'm way further north of Galway. Gonna be epic though! And decent pay days. Woo Hoo!

Watching King Kong from 1976. Saw it in the cinema in 77 twice, Brilliant! Gets me in the mood for the days ahead. Fab scenery to shoot and feckin Apes in charge.😁

Gah hahahahaha must remember that one. I'm more the godzilla type, misunderstood scary fcuker

Sitting suffering from a painful and constant headache. 😡

I hope so. Add in vomiting and ahem ,unusual toilet behaviour, I hope it passes. Soon.

• Advertisement

I had the oddest bug last week, 10/12 hours of upset system then gone as suddenly as it appeared, hopefully it's nearly over for you.

Beautiful morning here, mutt got me out of bed as usual. After 5 minutes on the balcony, he went back to bed :)

Slightly less crazy around overnight thankfully 😜

I'm struggling to get out of bed. My besties here who are now living in Tirana came to visit so we went watching football and drinking. Jaysus am shook. But yay Liverpool!!

Have no onions so need to go shopping. I mean how is a girl supposed to make breakfast without onions I ask ya.

Thank goodness I'm my own boss.

• Advertisement
Advertisement