Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I don't know where we're going, but we know where we are? (Part whatever)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Hope you have ibuprofen on hand, hopefully speedier recovery the next few days

• Registered Users Posts: 22,225 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,721 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

I too want to be napping now. Why is coffee not working it's magic?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,030 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

In my favourite hotel, went to their restaurant for the first time in 2 years, rather surprised that the staff still remembered me :):)

Smoked salmon for breakfast, yummy.

Homeward bound, managed to avoid a 2 week trip around Africa so hoping to have most of that time with the missus and mutt.

It's good to see the same staff in a hospitality setting, so much has changed here..

• Advertisement

Stretching my toes, nice stroll this morning. Eclipse tonight I think.

Landed at home, a rather unpleasant 48 degrees C. Ugh big time and its not even summer.

Mutt will get no car drives in these temperatures :)

Nope nope, I read it reached fifty degrees somewhere and it's only may. Absolutely nope..

Blood pressure check 98/48, I think that I’m dead :)

Thank you 15 degrees 😮

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,075 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I had the folks over for dinner this evening. Nothing fancy but we had some craic and a laugh. You really need it sometimes. A long day at the tech desk tomorrow and most likely Tuesday too. Keep the chins up lads. If you don't then they hit the deck.😁

And you're off to the dentist eh?. 😲

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Chilling on my balcony with my heart rate finally returning to normal after yesterday's cup final win and then through one eye checked the City results to see the Quadruple is still in reach! G'wan Liverpool!

Also having a self care day of eating whatever I fancy and reading and snoozing while sunbathing to help me feel better coz my eldest son has left and won't see him for a few months again. That's the worst thing about living abroad, missing family.

This didn't post earlier and now am back in here coz am being eaten alive by mosquitos and can't sleep so thought would post it.

@Witchie certainly don't make it easy on the ticker!! Are your kids gallivanting around the globe?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

A&E since 23.00 with Grumpy. (He lost consciousness for at least 20 mins). Worst I've ever seen it. Trollies and chairs lined up head to tie all along the corridor. An elderly lady sitting in a hard chair on an I.V. Dad still in his clothes, now soaked with urine. He's one I'd the lucky ones, he's got a trolley in a cubicle Still haven't been seen by a doc. Thankfully he's come around a lot, fully alert and not a happy bunny. There's something up with his ticker, though. Genuinely thought I was loosing him tonight. Myself and neighbour (nurse) had to get him off the chair to the floor, his pulse became so weak we were getting ready to do CPR.

Jaysis Sardi that's terrifying first off and infuriating second off. I hope he'll be ok *Super boobly hugs*

That's not easy Sardonicat. Wishing you and your Dad all the best.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

That's a brilliant pic auto and So true 😸😺

@Sardonicat nice to see you back Sardi ! Hope you and your dad are ok.

Gather up everyone it's time to kiss Thomil's boo boo better 🤣

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ohhhh look at the time gotta run.........

😅😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Not really. Eldest moved to London in mid-March and the same day, the youngest moved to Valencia, Spain. (Not Kerry!) Will hopefully get to visit them both in July.

Saudi, so sorry to hear about your dad. Hope he is doing better now?

Thomil, am a mama so my hugs will heal. Here's one 🥰

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,569 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Work office, getting ready to give my final classes of the academic year this week. Still not quite finished with that huge stack of student assignments but nearly there!

Very important week ahead with a number of meetings etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,003 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Sardonicat that is really sh1tty. Until you see it in reality, it's hard to imagine that we have a third world health system that has neglected our seniors.

To thine own self be true

Good to see you back Sardi, hopefully things get better for your dad 🤗🤗 I can only imagine the shock

@thomil 🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗

Happiness is....

... A warm dog? 😂

Lying in bed feeling exhausted

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Thanks for your thoughts, everyone. Dad finally saw a Doc at 8.30 this morning. They're keeping him in for tests and obs. He's definitely much better, told one of the nurses she had the most beautiful eyes he'd ever seen. Feckin chancer.

I got home about 10.00 and slept. Just tried ringing the ED but they're so busy no one answered. I just have to go on the premise that no news is good news. Will try again later.

Deskside, busy looking time at the coalface ahead.

It is the oddest night in work, i think my namesakes are fcuking with the systems, all sorts of odd faults and untraceable errors occurring feck knows what to expect *shakes fist at full moon*

• Advertisement

😂😂😂😂👍

Advertisement