Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Yup. Wardlow was great as usual (even if MJF is repeating his feud pattern again) and Dante Vs Fenix Vs fun but the rest ranged from meh to absolute crap. Best highlight after those was Ass Boys and Acclaimed scissoring.

Considering we're like 3 weeks away from Double or Nothing, build is pretty non existent bar 2/3 feuds which is odd.

I really need the RoH stuff to feck off too. I had no interest in it pre Tony buying it and now it just annoys me as it's taking time away from guys I do want to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭ThePott

I think people have hit it on the head for me here.

Dynamite has been a bit hit and miss the last 3 weeks for me. There's been high points but it really does feel like a holding pattern is in place between PPVs at times but considering how near DoN is, it's especially noticeable.

I love BCC and I do love the Wardlow stuff even if I think the MJF stuff is getting repetitive. I think repetitive is the key word in general. How many weeks have we had a segment where Tony Schiavone stands with the Women in the Owen Hart tournament as they talk smack, it's just lazy and uninteresting at a certain point. Rosa needed to be champ but they've done nothing with her and that promo segment was yikes. Hangman's reign hasn't been up to much. It just seems like some of the feuds are not being planned especially well right now which is something you couldn't have accused AEW of a few months ago. For a company that wants people to invest in long term storytelling they need to have some short term payoff here and there too. Cause all I see now is people talking about feuds down the line, when we should be talking about culmination of feuds in 3 weeks post-DoN.

The ROH stuff honestly needs to go away. Crossover is fine but now you've just thrown all these titles into the mix. It seems like nearly everyone on TV has a title at this stage and it makes it feel far less special. Especially when your own champions aren't always getting the look in they deserve. It's even more glaring when pretty much all the ROH titles ended up on AEW talent anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

ThePott is spot on. I got the FB memory today that Blood and Guts was a year ago and I flew all the way to Florida for it, and had such a good time I went to DoN a few weeks later. They're in Vegas in a few weeks and LA and I can't be arsed! Way too much repetition and while great matches are a good selling point, I'd like to see more variety to feuds than post bell beat downs or interview interruptions. I'm also over the new signing surprises and wish we'd get more out of Ricky Starks.

I have to say Jeff Hardy has looked awful in his matches so far. Jeff Vs Derby and Hardys Vs Bucks will be built as dream matches but can't see either delivering with the shape Jeff is in.

Yup, definitely with you on the new signings.

They seem to have stopped building good feuds for their existing talent so just adding more to the mix isn't helping anymore.

Of the longer term talent there, I'd like to see more of Starks and Hobbs, Ethan Page giving something more to do, return of Miro, better and more consistent things for Silver, Reynolds and 10. Guys like Andrade have consistently delivered but he's just lost in a bunch now, same with PAC with the never ending Death Triangle and HoB feud.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Grade A, peak level comedy. They sell out one of the biggest arena's in the US after weeks of bad faith Twitter trolls saying a cross-show with NJPW is only attractive to their own fanbase and weirdly talking about how no women watch NJPW (if these people had ever bothered to watch 2 minutes of an NJPW show they'd see how wrong they are). Truly a great day.

A sell out without one match even announed for the card.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

The trios titles have apparently been made and it's just a matter of time before they're introduced. Tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Hopefully they wait until ROH is out on it's own before adding more titles to the mix. Is there any word or rumours on the plan for ROH? Ideally it operates as a separate entity with its own TV show etc.

On the belts.. I'm not a fan of the recent change to the women's world title belt.. it's much too big. Nearly sure they made the men's world title belt bigger too and it's also a bit too big.

I actually enjoyed this week's Dynamite. A hot crowd always help elevate a show, and that Baltimore crowd were great. Wardlow looked like a star. Love Rey Fenix. Not sure why they went back to a Thunder Rosa promo on the ramp after the last one was a mess too. At least put Tony Schiavone in the middle to steer things.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I do recall reading elsewhere, that the plan for ROH was to operate as it's own thing, independent of AEW.

• Advertisement

The rumour for the Trios is that they're waiting for Omega to return so may be some time before we see them yet.

Candice LeRae's WWE contract has expired

AEW womens division would be looking a lot better if her, Dakota and Athena were signed. Tegan Knox as well wouldn't be a bad signing. It would be a big change from the start of AEW when we had to endure Big Swole, Brandi, Shanna, Mel etc matches (all were awful). Hopefully the likes of the bunny, Penelope Ford, Red velvet (probably not now though that she's in a group with Jade) would be involved less.

Couldn't care less about Male signings now with AEW (ok I would like to see Cesaro signed haha) but definitely want to see them make more female signings.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,837 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Anyone see the rumours that Cesaro has already signed and is on the weekly shows as that cameraman who's pretty covered up?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Haha I haven't. That dude has been covered up a long time though right, like for months? I recall a few threads about him on reddit and I think Jericho referenced him once on commentary.

Rampage on at 2.30pm here on the West coast today, handy if working from home!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Starks/Jungle Boy FTW Championship match announced for Wednesday's Dynamite.

So Rampage was on at 10:30pm our time tonight.

There'll be a joker in the women's tournament (like the men's tournament). My guess would be Athena. Dakota has a 30 day non compete and Candice only had a baby. Mia Yim is another option but never been a big fan.

Thought Riho Vs Yuka was really good. Riho is honestly one of my favourites in the division. Her matches always seem to deliver more often than not.

No one bores the arse off me more on the roster than Kazarian, and Scorpio is up there as well so have no interest in that TNT title match.

When they were listing the matches for Rampage next week, they said early start time again so hopefully it'll be this time again.

Riho Vs Yuka might have been one of the best womens matches they've ever done. That was great. More of them please.

Takeshita will be an absolute star too. Hopefully he stays around AEW for a while but I think he'll eventually end up at NJPW at some point and be their next Okada or Tanahashi.

Yeah been really impressed by Takeshita

Looking forward to the Cole Vs Dax and Storm Vs Hayter tournament matches I have to say. Darby Vs Jeff not so much with how Jeff has looked so far.

Contract signing is another thing on an MJF feud check list. Remember him doing one with Mox and Jericho. Maybe with Cody as well when he agreed to the lashings etc.

Kazarian needs to lay off the tan. He looked darker than Scorpio.

So JAS are having yet another gathering. Seems that's all they do.

Storm gets the pin on Britt. I'm sure we'll hear about that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Really good Rampage in terms of the in ring. The opening tag was solid as hell, Hook looked great in the squash, Riho/Sakazaki was the best straight up female singles match I've seen on TV in ages, and the main event was very good too. No need to harp on about Konosuke, the long time ace of DDT is unquestionably one of the best pro wrestlers on earth.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,343 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Bret say he would love to be part of AEW and what they are doing now.

What? Lol, that is not in the spirit of what he said, you've left out half the quote.

He says he has offered advice over the phone to talent as well but unless you have a different source, what you've said is very misleading, specifically the part where he's unlikely to work with AEW or seemingly anyone.

Here's a source https://www.sescoops.com/news/bret-hart-mentors-aew-talent-but-happy-at-home/

OK if you say so However I'm pretty sure the very first line is what he said.

There are a lot of things I would love to be part of AEW and what they’re doing. I know they’ve got some great wrestlers there and I have a lot of respect for the organization and all that but, right now, I’m happy at home.”

Wtf the bloody quote you posted the very first sentence is bret saying he would love to be part of what aew are doing you really just need to be a contrarian dont you he is also tied to a wwe contract so the whole sitting at home part is just bowing to his paymaters

I didn't say so, Bret did.

You're literally ignoring the part where he says he's not going to work for them. Seriously, do you not see the difference in leaving out half the quote. Your first post implies that Bret is just waiting for a call from AEW, he's not. He has no interest in working with them as much as he respects them and their talent, it's a major difference.

He's essentially saying, there are things in AEW I'd love to be a part of but I won't be, you left out the won't part. If you can't see why that is a big difference I don't know what to tell you.

In what way is that contrarian? I didn't say the quote wasn't accurate, as I said it's not in the spirit of what he said. The context of what he said is totally changed by the rest of the quote which was conveniently left out. You can't just cherry pick or manipulate a quote like that. I know ye all stick together here when it comes to AEW, which is grand but if you think that's not a deceptive inaccurate statement, you're way off.

So he wouldn't love to be part of AEW and what they are doing then is what you are saying Bret is just talkng waffle

I'm saying he won't be because I'm following what he actually said. If you'd just read the title of the story you'd know that. If he really would love to be a part of AEW, he would be but he prefers to be at home, which is what you left out. When you present just the first part of the quote it has very different implications, you must know that. Seriously, am I going crazy here?

Here's an example of how removing a quote from context can change the meaning since when I explained the Bret one you didn't bite.

Misquote - "the cast is talented and the premise has potential."

Full quote - "It is dull and generic which is a real shame because the cast is talented and the premise has potential to be weird and exciting. In the end, its just forgettable."

From Rachel Wagner's review of Morbius.

I'm genuinely asking now and didn't come for some argument; can you not see the difference not including the end of Bret's quote makes?

• Advertisement

So did Bret say he I would love to be part of AEW and what they’re doing or did he not say that?

If he wouldn't love to be part of AEW and what they’re doing why did he say I would love to be part of AEW and what they’re doing.

Since you seem to say he didn't say those words you must be right and I'll leave you to it.

Advertisement