Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Daniel Bryan. :D

Acclaimed doing a video for Mox and Kingston. That's gonna end well.

With Varsity Blondes adding Julia and Best Friends adding Kris, I was wondering who they could get to join other factions. Like who could join Inner Circle or Pinnacle if they were to add a woman?

Jade Cargill would be a great fit for The Pinnacle.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,830 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I think it would be funny if The Wingmen had a woman join them at some point.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,317 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Being rehabilitated at the Nightmare Factory along with her husband.

https://twitter.com/dustinrhodes/status/1394791386944348161?s=20

Cinemark cinemas in America will be airing Double or Nothing in select cinemas they have over 500 cinemas across the US, I think aired the Revolution PPV so it must be working well for both.

$20 for a ticket.

I really hope AAA can find a way to put the PPV on worldwide on somewhere like FiteTV.

https://twitter.com/luchalibreaaa/status/1394695143098363907?s=20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,886 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Kenny must be one of the busies wrestlers in the world at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭ThePott

Cinemark cinemas in America will be airing Double or Nothing in select cinemas they have over 500 cinemas across the US, I think aired the Revolution PPV so it must be working well for both.

$20 for a ticket.
    That's really cool, would love if they did this for big PPVs over here.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Being rehabilitated at the Nightmare Factory along with her husband.

https://twitter.com/dustinrhodes/status/1394791386944348161?s=20

Or it was just an invitation from Dustin to come train/keep the ring rust off.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Headshot wrote: »
    Kenny must be one of the busies wrestlers in the world at the moment

Will he become over-exposed though, that's the risk and the line they have to thread.

While the weekly product has been immense recently, the DON PPV card on paper is going absolutely nothing for me.

AEW is moving from TNT to TBS in 2022.

The second show will be called AEW Rampage debuts in August on Friday the 13th.

‘AEW: Dynamite’ Shifting To TBS in 2022 As All Elite Wrestling Franchise Expands With ‘AEW Rampage’
    Turner said Wednesday that TNT’s wrestling series AEW: Dynamite will move to TBS in January 2022. The move comes as TNT is adding the new hourlong series AEW: Rampage, which will debut August 13 at 10 p.m. ET.

Dynamite is currently in the middle of Season 3 on TNT, with a new episode of the All Elite Wrestling series coming tonight at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT.

TNT will debut four new pro wrestling specials annually as part of the new deal announced today, which will culminate with the AEW’s move to TBS next year. Last year, All Elite Wrestling extended its relationship with WarnerMedia through 2023, renewing AEW Dynamite on TNT and planning a new night of programming which became Rampage.

“It’s a pleasure to be able to help Tony Khan expand his wrestling fiefdom across our networks and bring more content to our fans that fits the thrill ride brand of TNT and good time of TBS,” said Sam Linsky, Associate General Manager, SVP, Programming and Operations, TBS, TNT and truTV. “It’s Wednesday. You know what that means.”

AEW: Dynamite was the No. 1 program on Wednesday, May 5, on cable among adults 18-49, a first for the wrestling franchise. TNT said in that in April the show garnered its most-watched episode (1.2 million) since the series launched on the network in October 2019.

“As a lifelong wrestling aficionado who is privileged to present AEW to longtime and new fans alike, it means a lot to me – personally and professionally – to share the news that All Elite Wrestling will call TBS home beginning in 2022,” said Khan, CEO, GM and Head of Creative of AEW. “The history of wrestling in the United States cannot be told without acknowledging the contributions of TBS, which as WTBS years ago delivered wrestling to the Southeast and eventually to a massive national audience. TBS has the same passion for wrestling today, but will offer AEW and our fans more prime time programming, content and global opportunities that will establish TBS as the world’s undisputed destination for wrestling.”

https://deadline.com/2021/05/aew-dynamite-moving-to-tbs-2022-1234760112/

• Advertisement

https://pressroom.warnermedia.com/us/media-release/aew-franchise-continues-domination-and-expands-tbs-2022

AEW Dynamite moving to TBS in January 2022. AEW: Rampage debuting - August 13th

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Is there much of a difference between TBS and TNT in terms of audience reach or they pretty much the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Loughc wrote: »
    Is there much of a difference between TBS and TNT in terms of audience reach or they pretty much the same?

TBS is available in 2 million more homes so it's a little bigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭ThePott

It airs on Fridays just after Smackdown ends. That's pretty late for a wrestling show I would have thought. Means no Friday Night Wars too.

TBS is more widely available than TNT but programming wise it's not as prestigious as TNT. Probably shows faith in the product than fans will follow the show and bring more attention to their sister channel.
    Between Rampage, Dynamite, Dark and Elevation I think they could do with changing up the formula a bit.

Loughc wrote: »

TBS is 14th top rated channel in the US by viewership for 2020.

TNT is 18th.

In compassion

Fox is the 4th as it is free to air.

USA is the 20th

The switch to TBS is also a good thing for them, as they won't be pre-empted by either the NBA or NHL games.

So this is an absolute win for them really.

So it looks like they will do 4 specials on TNT and 4 PPV per year that a nice way to do it instead of doing a PPV every month and hitting the fans pocket for PPV's every few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

ThePott wrote: »
    It airs on Fridays just after Smackdown ends. That's pretty late for a wrestling show I would have thought. Means no Friday Night Wars too.

TBS is more widely available than TNT but programming wise it's not as prestigious as TNT. Probably shows faith in the product than fans will follow the show and bring more attention to their sister channel.
    Between Rampage, Dynamite, Dark and Elevation I think they could do with changing up the formula a bit.

Tony is an ECW fan, hope the late Friday show is a bit more edgy and wild.

Well Amanda Huber has said her piece in response to Dave Meltzer's interview with Bruce Mitchell.

l6qmom3ehzz61.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

Tony Khan mentioned the deal was renegotiated as part of the move so they got more money. It's a great piece of news. We will have a competitive industry for the next decade for sure now.

• Advertisement

Really good news for AEW so. Delighted for them it’s well earned.

Looking forward to seeing how they talk about all this news tonight on the show.

Really brilliant to see AEW getting rewarded for the great job they are doing.

I see Colt Cabana is getting back into the podcast business, good for him

First guest is........?

Not Punk.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

Headshot wrote: »
    I see Colt Cabana is getting back into the podcast business, good for him

There is a dearth of wrestling podcasts available so this is great news.

Miro v Lance Archer for Double Or Nothing

Looking very forward to this

Seriously Christian hadn’t lost a beat after 7 years which is incredible.

Starks :).

Great promo from the varsity blondes with their first real promo.

• Advertisement

Great heat seeker rap right there with oral sessions.

Advertisement