Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭ThePott

At no point did I say he didn't say it. I guess reading what people say isn't your strong suit though, I said it's not in the spirit of what he said, ie. he made it clear he won't be a part of AEW but you left that bit out. Again, removing that context changes the quote, it implies that if AEW want him he'll be there, he won't though as the rest of the quote explains.

It's funny you literally just asked a question that was answered by the rest of the quote that you ignored. He won't be a part of it, it literally changes the whole meaning of his quote because he said he would prefer to stay at home. End of. No one was ever arguing that he didn't say that but you posting the quote out of context without the source to back it up is deliberately misleading.

If you google that quote and look at the news stories, no one has the headline Bret Would love to be a part of AEW or if they do they include him preferring to be at home because otherwise it would be misleading clickbait.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,823 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Guys I watch AEW on FITE.TV using my firestick but if I stop watching during the show the FITE.TV app doesnt carry on from where I stopped watching.

Any body else have this issue with the FITE.TV app or maybe it's a firestick issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Trust PepsiChallenged to mess up basic reading comprehension haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

It's the same with google chromecast tv. If you just hit pause and close down the app it will forget where you were. but if you pause it and then hit back to the main menu - THEN it should remember next time.

Cross device functionality doesn't work so you can't continue from your phone after watching an hour on the firestick like you can on most other streaming services which is annoying.

• Advertisement

In my experience I've never got Fite to resume from where it stopped both on Firestick and on their site.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Their app is as bad as the RTE Player. There I said it.

It sounds like Firestick isnt the issue but rather the app?

I was tempted to get an Apple TV and use it with Fite tv etc but it sounds like ill have the same issue there too?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Definitely the app, I usually watch AEW through the FITE app on my smart TV but I have to use the laptop recently because it randomly crashes mid show. And the fast forward function is crap so you're almost quicker rewatching the whole show than trying to skip to a certain place because there's no functionality to leave the show midway and come back to it later.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Yea, Fite as a platform is missing a lot of the bells and whistles that come as standard with the bigger streaming services. It's understandable because video streaming is difficult (and expensive) tech to produce.

Sad to see Stu Grayson is no longer with the company, but good for him for valuing himself high enough to be able to say no.

• Advertisement

It must definitely be a balls traveling from Canada to the US once a week and going through the hassle to only get booked on the YouTube shows. Hopefully he gets a good look in somewhere else, Impact might be a decent spot for him.

Edit: Look at the whopper of a card for Dynamite. Hopefully the women's match gets decent time and more importantly no Britt interference.

Post edited by Cherry_Cola on

• Registered Users Posts: 28,785 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Didn't realise Jake Something was gone from Impact until I saw him on Dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭wayne040576

I have it on the apple TV. Sometimes it remembers and sometimes it doesn't. I think if I leave it for just a couple of hours, it works. But not the following day - possibly because I shut the box down overnight. But other apps remember the last played position after a restart of the box.

The app is pretty bad overall. It does a lot of home screen refreshes when I'm just browsing items and I have to keep scrolling back from the top.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

• Registered Users Posts: 60,270 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

AEW Grand Slam Dynamite at Arthur Ashe Stadium will return later this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,785 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I don't usually defend ratings but it did air at a bad time. Middle of the work day at 2:30 on the west coast and end of work day on the east coast at 5:30. I'd say this week will be the same since it's the same time, isn't it?

It was great having it on that time for West Coast folks who can watch, I rarely catch it live. NXT doing a worse demo last night with a good chunk more viewers is certainly ouch though. Tony K will definitely fire that stat on twitter later after a bit of marching powder.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,701 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I think it's the NBA playoffs causing all the moving around recently?

So, for All Out we are looking at:

Hangman v CM Punk

Thunder Rosa v Serena Deeb

MJF v Wardlow

And 2 x Owen Hart cup finals

And I'm not sure what else. You'd expect Blackpool Combat Club to be on the card, but they've not been feuding with anyone. Jurassic Express v Team Taz maybe, or Team Taz v Swerve + Keith Lee. Something involving the Undisputed Elite surely, possibly House of Black v Death Triangle, Jericho v Kingston or maybe a 6-man there, Joe v Lethal maybe, and still you've FTR, Andrade, Christian (remember him!!) and many others.

It's both NBA and NHL (which has been great!).

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

The Dark Side of the Ring bit for MJF is fantastic :)

• Advertisement

That first hour was top notch all the way through.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Yeh a bit of context always helps if you're bringing up ratings.

Another very enjoyable episode of pro wrestling from AEW, standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,678 ✭✭✭hynesie08

I'm happy Darby got to wrestle his hero.

I'm happy Jeff got to wrestle someone who grew up idolizing him.

I'll be happier if it never happens again.

I think, top to bottom that was my favourite Dynamite ever. Darby has to be made of rubber at this point right? Incredibly stupid spot, and I watch death matches regularly 😅

JR should pack it in at this stage honestly. How many times did he say "will Punk walk out of his home town as champion" and "what a night it'll be in Chicago" during the Punk match? Well double or nothing is in Las Vegas, Jim so it would be impossible. He was talking absolute nonsense during the Jungle boy/Starks match as well, taking away from the match completely.

Great show though. Cole Vs Dax being the highlight. Would have liked to have seen Storm and Hayter get a few more minutes because I was enjoying it. I knew Jeff Vs Darby would have to be made into no dq and that Darby bump into the chairs was ridiculous.

Really hope the Joker is Cesaro (leading to Cesaro Vs Cole in the final) because I've no interest in a NXT replay of Cole Vs Gargano at double or nothing if it turns out to be Gargano.

Definitely a rebound for Dynamite this week. Great show top to bottom.

Opener was strong, loved that match. I was somehow sad that Dax tapped to a sharpshooter. The Punk/Silver match seemed a little sloppy, maybe there just wasn't great chemistry but loved the Hangman/Punk post-match, I love the shades of grey between both of them. Wardlow segment was fun and it's always nice seeing the heel getting a good reaction in their hometown and MJF played a blinder without going too facey. The Hayter/Storm match was good too, the cutting to Martha Hart got awkward at a certain point though haha.

Main even was one that I liked but just seemed absolutely reckless, it was entertaining but Jesus, lads, slow it down. Not sure about the BCC vs. JAS, on paper it work 'Real' Wrestlers vs. Sports Entertainers but the JAS are almost so goofy that I think it ruins some of the cool badass veneer of BCC.

If they're teasing a multi-team tag match at DoN with JE, Team Taz and Swerve and Lee, I'm game. Throw FTR in there too and would be a banger.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,476 ✭✭✭brianregan09

It's surely Gargano and Candice at this point as Jokers in both tournaments

Great to see Martha Hart at a wrestling event and looking like she was really enjoying herself at it.

Tony has said himself Gedo will be working hand in hand for the Forbidden Door card

We’re planning it together. We’re gonna be two-man keys and turn them together like a submarine. We’re going to agree to a great card of matches. For the two of us, I think it will be fun working with him…we’re putting stuff together and now we’re kinda taking our separate ideas and separate stories and trying to find ways to make everything work with our people getting involved on each other’s shows and our own respective shows and stories and staying faithful to the great things we do in AEW and the great things they do in New Japan Pro-Wrestling.

• Advertisement

I would say it's a work but after Cody, I don't know anymore.

Advertisement