Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Amber Heards Borderline personality disorder

• 26-04-2022 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭

So I posted about 2 weeks ago that I strongly suspected Amber Heard had borderline personality disorder and the thread was very quickly removed and immediately people jumped down my throat asking was I a Doctor and such (apparently you need a PhD to have an opinion on a online forum now) but I've been proven to be right! Dr Sharon Curry diagnosed Amber as having borderline personality disorder and testified this in court having done the rigorous procedure to diagnose her (its not easy to get diagnosed with) I knew from Amber Heards behaviours and having been in a relationship with a BPD woman. Untreated BPD women are very mentally ill people whom whilst suffering they sure do inflict it on others too! Lying/manipulating/splitting/snapping/being vindictive/drifting from reality to psychosis/violence/rages/fantasies/hyper sexual/inappropriate in public/clingy/ etc etc I experienced these things and I'm sure Johnny Depp did too. There is an old saying you want to know me come live with me and I knew straight away Amber Heards behaviours screamed BPD from my own experiences of a BPD relationship with a foreign woman. People really don't know until they experience the otherworldly experiences of dating an untreated BPD woman trust me! The abandonment fear many possess means they won't leave your life easily either. I see the pain in both their faces. Her with the turmoil of untreated BPD and him being the victim of one.

I do believe women with BPD need serious help and rarely if ever get it as their narcissism won't allow them to properly look at themselves or their thoughts. The most crazy unhinged behaviour is "normal" in their eyes. You have never seen narcissism like a personality disorder narcissism. God is beneath them in their World sadly.

It's sad in society we can't even discuss these things or these disorders as these threads gets banned ASAP. My origianal assessment of Amber Heard was right and perfectly in line with what Dr Sharon Curry said in court!

Will Amber Heard get the proper professional help she needs for BPD? Doubt it.

(Dr Sharon Curry confirms Amber Heard has BPD below)

Post edited by Beasty on

Comments

The issue with your post OP is your blanket assumption that 'Untreated BPD women are very mentally ill people whom whilst suffering they sure do inflict it on others too!'

Men can also have BPD. Men with BPD can be manipulative and toxic. ALSO Men with BPD can cause more hurt to themselves than others. Women with BPD can be manipulative and toxic. ALSO Women with BPD can cause more hurt to themselves than others.

Can. Different manifestations. Different people.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,661 ✭✭✭buried

Very little anybody can do for people with this condition, I mean, how can you help them? The abandonment fear that most of them have seems to me to be some sort of neurological ingrained symptom, probably gained from some event that happened to them in early early childhood when every event is soaked up like a sponge. This is probably the reason why this condition is made totally taboo, there are too many people that suffer from it and nobody anywhere can undo the damage without resorting to extremes.

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 81,548 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

From what I recall, your past thread was nuked because it had virtually nothing to do with Amber heard and everything to do with sharing anecdotes that attempted to stigmatize people with a mental illness, in part by supporting arguments on misinformation about that mental illness, and as you referenced in your OP, a bunch of armchair psychiatrists trying to circumvent the Goldwater Rule. Very little of the thread actually involved Amber Heard though.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Howard Beale

Stigmatize you really do try and throw shyt and make it stick don't you? It's really weak and such a pathetic argument as I will illustrate.

I said they are mentally ill. They are.

I Said it is very difficult to live with it. It is.

I say they need help. They do.

That shows understanding despite being a victim of someone with BPD. I very strongly doubt you would speak to a woman who had a BPD partner on this the way you do to me.

If anything you are stigmatising them by a) showing your extradinoary ignorance on the subject.

The man I referenced was professor Sam Vaknin a Israeli psychiatrist considered a leading expert on BPD to such an extent he coined several of the terms associated with it!

B) saying they shouldn't be spoken about. Why?

That's the main thing that drives stigma!

You really aren't a fan of logic are you?

Like in the OP you rambled on we need a Dr to confirm she has BPD now we do you completely ignore that as you were wrong and I was right on her having it and are now rambing on about anecdotes. As if that's a reason to ban a thread. Newsflash pal about 5 billion anecdotal stories on boards should all threads containing them be banned too?

I think the way you’ve lashed out at my recollection of events does everything to confirm what I said. As for ignorance, I had to correct your misattribution of what BPD was and how it was defined in DSM V. I don’t recall you providing your own sources.

The thrust of many posts on the thread was, eg. If you’re dating someone with BPD, break up with them and run as far away as possible etc.

But grand if the revision of the thread turns out to be none of these things imho. This is specifically about Amber Heard though isn’t it, not just anyone with BPD?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

I can guarantee you that you’d be unable to identify any disorder based on some anecdotal experiences. But then I’m sure you’ll get some other experts here who will endorse this nonsense.

Seriously, get some help if you are still hung up on this ex of yours.

You referred to people disagreeing with you as incel feminists iirc. This is totally gonna be used for the exact same purpose as a few weeks back. People ranting about exes and behaving as if they're experts on the topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,913 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

can we still call JD a wife beater?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,505 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx

newsflash , Amber Heard isnt a man

no one ( including the OP ) is saying men cant suffer from BPD , the difference is that in the social media world , we are almost forced to believe that women are exclusively of the " sugar and spice and all things nice " variety

what the OP wrote is not unreasonable , Ive encountered a woman with BPD ( wasnt a relationship situation though ) and I suspect one of my sisters might have it too , one of my other sisters suspects she has BPD instead of Bi Polar

“I suspect one of my sisters might have it too , one of my other sisters suspects she has BPD instead of Bi Polar”

Prime example of “experts” diagnosing themselves and others.

• Advertisement

Neither do you, you aren't your siblings psychiatrist. And none of them are Amber Heard, this is about her disorder, not your sister's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭nothing

I thought I read that doctor said she has histrionic personality disorder, I wasn't aware of it before, is it the same as borderline?

All I recall from earlier was, Heard has more than one diagnosed personality disorder, and clarified one of those disorders was not Post-Traumatic Stress.

Given she suffers from 2 DSM V disorders though, it makes it foolhardy to try and infer from Amber Heard how someone with only 1, or even both of those disorders as well may act or be.

The doctor diagnosed Amber with both histrionic and borderline personality disorders.

At the end of the day she, like all those who have the above disorders, are individuals first with a temperament and emotional tenor unique to them. Amber Heard gives me the heebie-jeebies and I think she may be a dreadful human. I also think she may be dreadful regardless of her diagnosis.

No doubt Johnny has a DSM-5 load of issues as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭nothing

Thanks for that, I haven't been following it that closely. Definitely agree that you can't use a broad brush on individuals to confirm a bias against any group.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭joseywhales

I know absolutely nothing about this case but I was just curious, can you use a diagnosis as a means to question the competence of somebody to give truthful testimony?

Like that alone would seem like systematic stigma and would drive people away from seeking diagnosis and help. We want people to get support for their mental health yet we would use a diagnosis to undermine them?

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭gladvimpaker

Very had dealing with people who suffer from her condition, they try their best to improve themselves. The longest time I've observed someone like her get well was nearly 3 year's. They were taking meds, and were doing quite well with therapy made their amends etc , then they decided they should wean off their medication and knew better than the doctors because their sponsor in narcotics anonymous and AA told them they're not clean if still on medication. They got caught up in woo spiritually and that woo medicine I can't think what you call it as I'm tired and it's late.

You can guess what happened they went back to their own ways within a few weeks. An absolute nightmare for people around them, snappy, self ritious, confrontational, self esteem to the floor and they look like monsters. Like a coiled spring ready to bounce off anything. They're also attracted to weaker people who they like to control. They control the dynamics of any family gathering, work place decisions meetings etc know what's best for everyone.

I can't be around people who are not willing to do the work to better themselves. It makes life very difficult for people. The tension they create is horrific, it's like living in a twilight zone and there's no way out.

The best way to deal with them is observe the way they treat others, and you'll realize it's nothing personal.

They can't help it, it's in their nature and when they're your best friend that's when you should be ready to have the carpet pulled from underneath you.

More to be pitied than anything, they'll also do your thinking for you as they are self proclaimed mind readers... they know what you're thinking....

You really think they try to get better? My experience of someone with bpd was they didn't need any help or counselling or DBT therapy as all psychatrists were "idiots" and will all try have sex with me I was told. I was told this despite this person knowing their BPD was destroying them and their career and their relionship with me and their family and fast.

Do you honestly think Amber Heard has tried hard to get better? Hmmmm.

I could tell way way before the Dr testified in court she was an untreated Borderline it was actually painfully obvious to me having dealt with a untreated BPD the behaviours are universal of untreated BPD women. As I said previously want to know me come live with me. Someone else mentioned men get it too of course but the vast majority of people diagnosed with it are women.

Of course previously saying I strongly suspect she has BPD in the past resulted in the North Korean levels of censorship here banning the thread instead of accepting a opinion or view that turned out to be 100% correct!

@Overheal

"The thrust of many posts on the thread was, eg. If you’re dating someone with BPD, break up with them and run as far away as possible etc"

I never ever said that doesn't it get tiring lying 24/7? That was a previous poster who had dated a lady with BPD said that not me! (Wrong again) Of course you insist on ignoring 100% people's experiences of BPD women because it doesn't fit some bizarre world view you have they can do no wrong. You even refer to the leading psychatrist on BPD in the World as an "armchair psychatrist" as his expert opinion doesn't fit your myopic tunnel vision. It's very very very obvious you have zero experience of dealing with these people and take offense to anyone who does but first hand experience is all people can ever really give yet you go ad hominid on them or ignore/twist or lie about what actually people said to defend bpd women. Bloody bizarre!

@Howard Beale Your problem is that you are basing your generalisations on your experience with one person and you are forgetting that people are more than just their disorder.

Plenty of people, no matter their diagnosis, are proactively seeking help to manage their issues, and BPD sufferers are no different. Of course you will find uncooperative people who refuse help, or only accept it when it becomes inevitable. But that doesn’t mean you can tar everyone with the same brush.

I have no idea what it’s like to be living with BPD, but I can identify to some extend. Count yourself lucky that it’s nothing you personally have to deal with.

• Advertisement

But at least it's real experiences with people with it. Others are poo pooing peoples personal experiences with dealing with bpd people instead referring to what they may have read on it. Real life experiences is all I can or anyone can reference I don't know what anyone else can reference. Something they may have read on it? Gimme a break!

Proactively seeking help. I can assure you it can be very hard work getting a bpd lady to seek help.

Do you honestly think Amber Heard has got rigorous professional help in the past? I'm sure Johnny Depp can answer that for you.

Suggest two big reasons while less BPD in men.

1. Men get mislabeled as various other personalilty disorders such as psychopathic or antisocial disorders

2. Men who openly demonstrate BPD behaviours get slapped down hard by partners, family, friends and society. Their behaviour is not tolerated so they learn to control it better.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

As above with ChocolateIce, there appears to be a strong gendered element with the diagnosis of BPD. Men who would present with the same consistent behavioural patterns are less likely to be diagnosed with BPD.

I have in my life and non expert opinion (but a keen reader of all things psychiatry and psychology), probably observed an equal amount of males and females that exhibit BPD traits. Basically, my point is that men and women are more similar than they are different.

There was also an interesting take from the clinician at the trial, whereby she said that Heard exhibited a very typical trait whereby she retreated to a waif or princess persona in an effort to avoid accountability.

This is where culture comes into it, and I'd also agree with ChocolateIce, in that that particular avenue is not open to males with BPD, and they would face societal repercussions far quicker for the same behaviour.

It's an extremely tricky business. One should be slow to judge those with personality disorders, but patience should not be unlimited. If they are refusing to seek help, or are relapsing to maladaptive behaviours, I'd be making myself scarce around them.

I know a hell of a lot more than anonymous social media contributors, people are often wrongly diagnosed

You describe to perfect accuracy the traits of someone I once had the misfortune to work for ,thought they were just plain evil but perhaps simply untreated

The " knowing what's best for everyone " is what most sticks out

True ,women have excuses made for their behaviour where men don't

The first reply to the OP was a dopey " men do those things too "

• Registered Users Posts: 39,496 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Oh yes I remember this Mills & Boon work of fan fiction.

OP went out with a "gorgeous" "beautiful" "stunning" woman who secretly made sex tapes for blackmail.

🤣

Maybe you should focus more on yourself and check what made you a suitable target before the next inherently evil and disordered person picks you out.

It’s probably time better spent than ranting and raving over some celebrity whose behaviour has no bearing on your life.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

we're really getting the dregs since the site upgrade

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭gladvimpaker

Well basically they have a script in their heads of how people should behave, respond, find funny etc

They will laugh at certain people's jokes all the time and if they don't like you they'll just have a face on them. You know that face don't you. You never know what could happen next, and there's always drama in their lives.

One day they'll put the feet up in work and play out they had enough, might last a few days....then you'll come in some morning and they're working like Trojans complaining about all the work they have done, have to do etc absolute mind fckery.

Then another one is they're into new age spirituality and being all positive and manifestation of the goodness of the universe. Or into healthy eating and saving the planet.

When you're oblivious to their game's, its a huge burden lifted from you.

Any woman or man putting up with this must be living in hell.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement