Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Amber Heards Borderline personality disorder

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

So again, you accused me of posting something I didnt. So would an apology be more appropriate from you than that tripe you just posted.

And what exactly is wrong with the description i posted of a personal situation that you get to pass judgement on it?

Give over yourself will you. Youve been caught accusing people of things in the wrong and you keep going.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭thefallingman

people ? no james you, but it was said by the op so a simple error i admitted, and yes your post was very strange indeed, as were your other posts about BPD, amateur diagnosis of mental health problems are the reason the first thread was closed, and frankly after your posts so should this one.

And you are still at it.

What other posts are these now that you speak of?

Jesus you need to get a life. Show mne other posts that i have ever made about bpd?

All you have to do is admit you are accusing me oif things you are making up and say sorry and leave it at that. Yet you just to add even more false accusations in the next post. What are you playing at?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭thefallingman

It's very hard to read and understand your rambling here James, lots of errors. Everything is above if you wish to reread. We are off topic now but it's clear your amateur diagnosis of serious mental health issues are the issue. All hearsay no fact.

I think I see what s going on here. You are seeing things that arent happening. Thats why you cant post the proof of them, even though you asked me earlier to post proof of something i said, that i never said.

As I said the posts you say I made dont exist. Neither did I ever make a diagnosis of any mental health issues which you keep saying i did, yet you can show us them either.

This is all in your head and its better that we just end this conversation right here. We know whats going on here, so best leave it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Howard Beale

It's very easy to understand actually. If he has an opinion that differs from yours so what?

Dr Sharon Curry's testimony is certainly not hearsay by the way. It's testified evidence given in a court by a expert.

I gave an amateur diagnosis that turned out to be 100% accurate but still get guff for it meanwhile the mods little favorites like 'boggles' throw around amateur diagnoses around all over the place to people on this and not a word is said to them! How come you aren't asking them for evidence may I ask? But you ask the people who have a Dr and expert agreeing with them on Amber's diagnosis? Why?

I mean my 'amateur diagnosis' turned out to be 100% correct so perhaps JimmyVC's is too? Who knows? Oh ye of little faith!

Trouble is getting them to take it. Most BPD people can be highly intelligent and that coupled with a personality disorder means they think most psychologists and therapists are more dumb than them and could never help them.

Think Will in Good Will Hunting. How many therapists did he go through?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭apache

Hope theres nobody with BPD reading this thread. Yous are all armchair psychiatrists.

There are certainly people with BPD who have no interest in therapy or any form of help. It can be difficult for those who care about them to see the hurt they cause to themselves and their unwillingness/inability to engage with professional help.

The prospect of therapy is really scary for some people. I'm well aware of how daunting it is to take the first step or even the 4th or 5th step.

It's a journey with no end because once you open the box of demons there is no putting them back and you must face them. That's just too much for some.

• Advertisement

Why? Saying someone with a very serious mental illness needs help? Wow shock horror eh!

This armchair psychiatrist thing is tiresome, Dr's have diagnosed her as being BPD.

Anyway Amber Heard didn't look too bothered when Dr Sharon Curry was discussing her diagnoses did she? Looked like Amber was looking down her nose at her actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭apache

Armchair psychiatrist as in defining what EUPD (the correct term) is. Not doubting the diagnosis but the interpretation of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,627 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I never ever said that doesn't it get tiring lying 24/7? That was a previous poster who had dated a lady with BPD said that not me! (Wrong again)

you even quoted me and still misunderstood:

"The thrust of many posts on the thread was, eg.”

Many Posts on the Thread != All your posts on the thread. Nice strawman. Something something Overheal Bad based on your own poor reading comprehension. Get over me.

The 'borderline' part of the term came about because the disorder was thought to exist on the border between neurosis and psychosis. I don't think that's still believed to be the case. It's still commonly referred to as BPD but I think EUPD is becoming the more accepted term among health professionals.

It's tiring pointing out all you mistakes pal. Get over you says the guy who keeps trying to put others quotes in my mouth eh!

Not necessarily. People all over the World psychiatrists/doctors and all books written on the subject like 99.9% of them refer to it as borderline personality disorder. People suffering with it refer to it as borderline personality disorder even!

Of course all the doctors and psychiatrists in the World are wrong and you are right. Yawn.

No anonymous social media contributors - of which you are a a part here - should be pretending to make these diagnoses.

You know Will was a fictional character right?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

My favourite part in these discussions is always when the arguments are based on fictional characters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭jimwallace197

No doubt about it, neither of them are angels in this dispute but its very telling in how both of them have been treated as a result of the breakdown of their marriage.

Amber Heards career hasnt sufferred one bit, in fact, all of this attention has improved it & going by her limited acting ability, thats saying something.

Depp's career on the other hand has largely been destroyed.

I would agree that there's no doubt a sizable portion of the male population that have BPD too but its a lot more dangerous with females as they can manipulate & play the victim considerably more with devastating consequences especially if they're good looking. Men in a lot of respects are simply not as good at this.

This is the nub of the issue IMO, if we had true equality, women would be called out for this behaviour as much as men are but because there is considerable bias from the media, western governments & the judiciary in favour of supporting females in any capacity with regards to spousal disputes, many people are feeling aggrieved with how Depp has been treated. Anyone looking for proof of this only has to look at how Depp lost his first civil trial in the UK despite damning evidence to the contrary.

I think Depp's addictions & popularity made him an easy target for an ambitious up & coming actress with little to no moral compass. I hope he wins & it sends out a message to cretins like her that by attempting to destroy a mans life for your own gain, it can come back & bite you in the ass.

This case is important & I'm hopeful that Depp wins it otherwise I can see more of a divide between the sexes.

The lawsuit isn't "who is the bigger asshole" between Depp and Heard, but a defamation lawsuit for an article she wrote in 2018, largely about Depp without mentioning him by name. I wouldn't be quick to read the verdict in as War or Peace between the sexes, that's a bit grandiose.

Seriously, whats your problem? I didnt say it was a case of war & peace between the sexes.

If you properly read my post, Im talking about the fact she's been able to profit out of this whereas he's had his career ruined. Thats the issue, the article she wrote in 2018 is supporting documentation of this, nothing more. Its how society treats both in the aftermath of a toxic relationship, the woman largely gets sympathy whereas the man is largely condemned. Thats the issue & where things need to change.

Seriously, whats your problem? I didnt say it was a case of war & peace between the sexes.

"This case is important & I'm hopeful that Depp wins it otherwise I can see more of a divide between the sexes."

A divide between the sexes, like a culture war or something right?

My point still is, this verdict does nothing to inform us on the divide between the sexes, it's not a court battle on the sexes, it's a lawsuit about an allegedly defamatory article written by Heard in 2018 about Depp.

It does alot to inform because Depp, who's able to afford good lawyers & was very popular actor before this case is fighting for his career whereas she hasnt suffered one bit by the looks of it. How would this have played out if he was a normal joe soap?? Not well id imagine.

You're the one talking about wars, get a grip. Big cases in the media influence people in society. If she wins & gets away with this, its a mark on the current discrimination men face in issues of domestic violence cases. It's ok for her to attack but if he defends or fights back, he's condemned.

This is why BPD is alot more dangerous in women than in men.

And you're the one talking about 'how I view the divide of the sexes depends on this case' - get your own grip mate. Depp is still a very popular actor, both of them are. Their bullshit doesn't do anything for the average joe or jill soap.

Again: this is not a domestic violence case. This is a defamation case.

Nothing in your post evidences a broad brush to paint women or men with BPD with.

I'm out. Good luck

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Up is Down?

When you said the thrust of my argument was don't date bpd women and run away from them. As explained already clearly to you that was someone else who had dated a BPD woman typed that not me! That's twice now this has had to be pointed out.

As usual ignore the facts or anyone who has experience with someone with bpd and keep yapping on about something you read in a book once. But the reality is real World experiences are so much relevant to the discussion not least cos they are real.

• Advertisement

When you said the thrust of my argument was don't date bpd women and run away from them. 

I'll post what I said for what will be a fourth time in this thread: 1) When I said it 2) When you quoted it and misunderstood it 3) When I quoted it and explained it to you and now 4) When you can't differentiate between "Thread" and "your argument":

"The thrust of many posts on the thread was, eg.”

There were a dozen or more people on the thread. I was not specifically referencing your posts. I don't think anyone needs me to explain this again a 5th time: thread one was a train wreck of people giving out about people with this disorder and warning people to get away from them. If you don't think that statement applies to you, then it doesn't. The thread WAS nuked though, not just locked, deleted, I think (I have no inside knowledge) because of what I said, that people reading the thread would get the false impression that people with the disorder are defined by their disease and should be avoided as a rule.

The "something you read in a book" is the Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders V. It's somewhat more of an authority on the disease than what is being presented here by the local Boards Academy of Sciences.

Post edited by Overheal on

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement