Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Three Ireland 5G

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Text ‘Add Data’ to 50272 to see what data add ons are available.

https://community.three.ie/t5/Products-Services/Self-Serve-SMS-Options/ta-p/760571

Probably only option on legacy plan is 500MB add on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,847 ✭✭✭jeffk

Yeah just sent text to see and that's only option , thanks

Suppose keeping the credit for cloud storage or apps etc is worth 4G Only

• Registered Users Posts: 24 ricardogame

have you tried Eir 5G? I'm in doubt between Eir and Three

I dont want to leave Three as get to keep the credit, ive saved it up and soon have enough for goolge drive 2TB for the year (mostly google photos)

Then I use it to pay for a sub to use an app to sync the picture folder with two clouds

If they stop the keep your credit plan then I will move as seems to be the 4G speeds are crap

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Joe Don Dante

apologies if this is the wrong place to post but I recently upgraded with 3 and bought a new phone online, as of yet I haven't been charged for phone (not that I'm complaining)! I normally upgrade in store but what I'm wondering is will price of phone be added to my next bill?

thanks, and sorry if in wrong thread

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭adm

For anyone interested I ordered the Gold 5g broadband package.

They have sent out this kit:

ZTE MC7010 -outdoor 5G router

ZTE AX3000 router

There is a long cable for the outdoor router that is thin and flat. Therefore it is unlikely they will drill through the wall as it will likely work going through a window.

Unfortunately they cannot install it for me for another two weeks so I don't know if it will work.

Obviously my address is on their map but frankly I'm sceptical as we barely get 4g.

We'll see.

Randomly got 5G the other week in Seapoint, strange how you can sometimes get a service you dont pay for

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭jonseyblub

Would be interested in your experience as I'm in the same situation. Just on the edge of the map and can't get 5G on the phone when I put the add-on on my account. I'm just curious as to whether the external aerial will make much of a difference.

My installation is scheduled for aug 30th so I'll let you know. From the research i've been doing it seems highly unlikely it will work. It's actually an outdoor router rather than just an antenna. whether that makes a difference I don't know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Is there a model number or markings to id that long cable?

I figure I'd sooner buy a (unlockd) ZTE 5G router online myself and continue to use a pre-pay Three sim

Well it's an outdoor router so the cable is an ethernet cable (which also provides power) though one end of the long thin cable has a fitting to cover the area where it's plugged into the router to make it waterproof.

Here's a video. She uses a regular cable but the long one is just longer and flat/thin so it will go through a window and you can close the window. It comes with the router so you get a look at it in the video.

Seems to be quite an expensive router if you were to buy it yourself.

This is the cover to make it waterproof. this is pre-attached to the long cable. with the cable going through the hole and the connector on the other side. It looks to me like you would have to remove the connector if you wanted to put your own cable through this hole. But as the video shows the cable comes with the router.

Post edited by adm on

• Registered Users Posts: 1 allhddcom

You can find many 5G Phones these days. they have successfully tested 5G services in many areas. I am using my HPE 742816-S01 (https://www.allhdd.com/hpe-742816-s01-g8-rack-server/) server on 5G

Well got it installed today.

Below is the speedtest.

Frankly, I'm amazed. We're about 3.5 miles from nearest tower without line of sight.

Hopefully it will continue to be this good ( this was in middle of the day today)

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭thebo

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭thebo

How come the 3 prepay hero plan is only €15 and has better benefits including 5g than the €20 plan?

Says it's sim only. What's the difference?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

I don't see 3Prepay Hero on their website? Is it new?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,904 ✭✭✭DopeTech

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Cork981

That hero plan looks like a good offer, strange that I can’t get to it by normal browsing the website, where did you find that link ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,904 ✭✭✭DopeTech

I just Googled 3pay hero and it’s in the 2nd result.

https://www.buymeacoffee.com/dopetech.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,643 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

That does look a good offer. ???

• Advertisement

I can see the offer when I’m on mobile but not when I’m on desktop oddly enough. I have a spare 3 sim that I use for Done Deal / online business and called customer care. They said it was new customers only and not existing customers. They wouldn’t change it for me. Not a big deal as it’s not a number I use much anyway and have been getting a lot of spam on the number lately. Will just pick up a new number instead.

I might give that a whirl. I've one on an post which has been fine except for very slow data speeds frequently. Might a good alternative.

Nothing. It's a 24 month contract @ 39 per month. Currently first three months free.

Also the guy said they would not go ahead with install unless they get a minimum speed of 100mb.

When you try to buy it, it looks for you to add 5G + €5. So I'd thinking 5G isn't included but you can turn it on. Which might not be an option on lesser one, but included on the higher one. But I'm only guessing. Are there T&Cs anywhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Cork981

I signed up for this plan today, 5G working fine. Still waiting on wificalling and 4G calling to activate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

How close to a 5g tower do you have to be to receive 5g going by the maps available 5g running parallel along the n7 and pretty much around my area but not necessarily covering my current location.

Slightly confused with it ,

Currently only getting the following speed on three mobile broadband.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Adrian Weckler of the Irish Independent has reported that Three Ireland are getting rid of their fair use policies and charges for some of their unlimited broadband plans from this week.

It will come into effect on 5 of their 5G plans and 4 of their 4G plans. Three Ireland have also said that are also not going to charge their customers for excess limit/excess use on those same plans in the near future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Not sure if this relevant to the conversation but Three lost access to 2 blocks of 2100 MHz spectrum back in July, 20 MHz in total, licence expired.

They retain 40 MHz until 15th October

• Registered Users Posts: 11 BringerOfRainX1

Yeah they have been emailing customers that they will no longer charge you for exceeding the fair usage limit but will throttle you if you are having a negative impact on the network.

Post edited by BringerOfRainX1 on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,668 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Less capacity, are they using this band for 5g?

Post edited by The Cush on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Companies tend to leave their legacy plans in place so people just stay on them and pay more. Common enough practic.

Good deal, I'm moving from AN Post to this once my month is nearly up and it's not an MVNO. I'd say gomo might be having some offers again soon but doubt vodafone will respond.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,542 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

If you live around Newtownpark Avenue in Blackrock in Dublin. Three's 5G Gold broadband subscription is now available as a tech installation.

I had a look at the website to check for availability and the 5G Gold sub installation is there for my address. However no self install is available for my own address.

Does anyone know is not there in my area?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 BringerOfRainX1

Not sure why self install isn't available but you can just order the gold one and set it up yourself. My friend ordered it and it came in 3 days. He would of had to wait 2 weeks for them to come and set it up so he just done it himself and rang them to let them know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭larchielads

I signed up for the 5g hero plan wit 3. Dont have a 5g phone but i get 4g+ around town(waterford) but speeds for 4g+ maxes out at about 40mbs, guy in shop 3 store says yeah thats about right.

Surely that cant be? 40mbs???!!!

Sounds slow.

How long did it take to get the SIM?

I ordered it last week still no sign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭larchielads

went in store, was ported in about 2hrs

Maybe I should try that. I'm tempted to cancel.

• Advertisement

I requested to port over a vodafone number on Monday on three.ie and it didn't go through. Ended up getting someone snarky on the phone who told me I filled out the form wrong and said my number was registered- that's not even a question on the porting page and I knew it wasn't registered. The call centre requested the port again as unregistered and it completed the following morning.

Cheers. I'll try one last time tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 622 ✭✭✭feargantae

I'm travelling at the minute and I get full 5G across many EU countries with speeds around 500Mb. It's funny cos I'm on the old €20 keep-your-credit plan so I don't get 5G at home!

Tempted by the new €15 plan though...

• Registered Users Posts: 25 mushroom

Any current 3 customers try join that new '3pay Hero' plan by leaving 3 to another network for a few days? Wondering if it's possible..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Any news on iPhone support for 3's wifi calling? Seems to only be older Samsung devices for some reason

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭FlubberJones

Wrong thread...

Post edited by FlubberJones on

Why would you cancel VM for this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

Hi All,

I got the new €15 "3pay Hero" and find speeds are really low compared to the €20 package....Anyone else change over and find there speeds been alot lower (throttled perhaps) or maybe find no difference...Be good to hear others...

Im getting 3/4Mb when i would have been getting 19/20Mb

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭1992ChainGang

I'm on the same plan, it tends to really fluctuate. I'm in south Dublin and in my home I have 5G with really fast speeds, but last week I was getting the bus in to town and it was going from 3G to 4G to 5G all in the space of 5 mins depending where I was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

Happens me all the time on Bill pay sometimes I've 3 bars 5G and by the time I open speedtest in a stationary position it's gone back to H - maybe it's my phone.

• Advertisement
Advertisement