Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2020 Recruitment.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Flash_93

Will we have to wait until after elections before any more updates on finances (budgets) and intakes takes place or has there been offers sent out?

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Newyearnewjob

There will be a trickle of recruitment to maintain current numbers. Then if budget gets approved I imagine recruitment will increase again. Pretty sure the budget won't change till after election in May.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Waitinggame9

With the recent update and changes to the pension I imagine a lot of officers are going to be retiring earlier than they thought. This will likely have an effect on recruitment just to maintain numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 jcm86

Whats everyone's thoughts on reapplying I'm appointable and just waiting on a call i have my role plays coming up again to start the whole process.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Tiedye098

I’m appointable ML 450-500, I reapplied but never went to role plays as I became appointable before my date. Feels like waiting forever now on the call.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭lornzeo99

@jcm86 honestly can’t really see the point, I never bothered reapplying, they will never recruit that campaign before anyone in this. Where are you around on merit list? Here’s hoping this month they might do some calls…

Hi I'm 700-750 been appointable since end of Jan, sent an email to recruitment not putting myself through it all again. So here's hoping calls start going out soon again.

Failed physical first time unfortunately

I had applied again but backed out before assessment. This campaign has been bad enough, don't fancy going through another.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 BelfastGuy65

Anyone on here get to the point of being offered a start date in GV then decide to pull put of the process?

According to twitter a new intake started today. Hopefully some calls will start to go out for May/June intakes. Not sure if they generally do a July intake due to how busy it is. I'm now at the stage where I would rather start later in year to guarantee Xmas off as I have plans. Would just like a rough idea of what's happening in background. It's been a while since we have had communication from the PSNI, would be nice to receive updates as to what is happening. They haven't even updated the recruitment stats since Feb.

@Newyearnewjob when would this intake even have been from? I didn’t think anyone got calls in Feb? Here’s hoping calls go out this month although I’m not high enough on list to be expecting one unlike others on here

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Boneyard2002

Just out of curiosity. Does anyone reckon that the ‘21 recruitment would have Fast Track? Albeit results are supposedly end of day 13th May.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭DDGS7

It's an intake made up of people who had deferred to the cancelled march intake, I believe

I thought they had already started but maybe not! @Boneyard2002 no, I read before they were doing a campaign after one but the first gets priority and there will be no fast track now. I’d say they are in for a long wait as the DUP are already saying they won’t form an executive after elections so the budget still won’t be sorted!

Currently struggling to sleep so thought I would look through this chat. Last time someone on here got the call was on 7 Dec. I know a few others have started since but no one on this chat has been offered since, madness. The other key theme I noticed is how resilient this group is despite the constant knockbacks and disappointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭North Coast John

Hi folks - I was part of this campaign, have been through GV, and have been in District for almost 6 months - I recognise a few usernames and appreciate how long some of you have been waiting- fair play to you and I hope you get in soon - feel free to ask me questions if you have any :)

Wow, were you one of the original fast track groups weird to think it's the same campaign. I suspect by the time some of us get in you will prob be nearing the end of your probation.

Got the call today after a long wait

• Advertisement

@Tiedye098 amazing! Where are you on merit list? Presume other people on here got calls? I’m merit list 700-720, but just got offered a different job yesterday and now I’m so confused!!

450-500 ML

• Registered Users Posts: 36 OldBenTheHermit

Congrats! I’m sure you are over the moon! Hopefully the rest of us hear sooner rather than later!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Byc_moze

I am in exactly the same position 🙁 don't know what to do. Send them email, got just basic answer with no details at all. I have to decide either take a new position or wait months for PSNI 😭

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Tango-Hotel

I'm 500 to 520 and know there are people in GV with a higher ML position than me, who have been in over 2 months. If calls went out today, then I'm surprised I didn't get one, as I am now appointable.

I think calls can go out over a couple of days so you might get it yet

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Kirks22

Does anyone know how many are going in with each intake?

Is this for May or June.

• Advertisement

Nice one, congrats.

Advertisement