Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

January 2020 Recruitment.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Tango-Hotel

• Registered Users Posts: 41 AWD188

My SMT was a week, medical was around 2 weeks as the person who issued them was off.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭DDGS7

All depends with the medical, if they have something they need to look at further it could take a while. I had to send evidence back to them, my medical was given the ok that very same day but they decided to wait a week to notify me of this

• Registered Users Posts: 42 BelfastGuy65

Would this be for May intake? I seen on the College twitter page the April ones were in doing induction recently

• Registered Users Posts: 36 OldBenTheHermit

Yeah I hope for a May intake! Those calls would be going out now. If not it’ll be April for a June intake, who knows what their plans are

• Advertisement

I doubt they even know, one hand doesn't know what the other is doing

Let's keep our fingers crossed for calls this week. They are usually around the 15th, aren't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Elninotdog

Anything today for anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Kirks22

Anymore talk about the budget?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 BelfastGuy65

Holding out slim hopes for calls next week 🤞🏼

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Newyearnewjob

Are there many in this group that still need to do medical, vetting etc. I imagine most of us now are appointable. I've been appointable since Dec but don't hold out much hope in starting anytime soon. Think the cost of living increase may also cause some people to have second thoughts. I know of people who were taking big pay cuts to join but may not be able to do it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭lornzeo99

I am fully appointable only since last week - merit 700-720, where are you on list? Hopefully next month calls go out although I know I wouldn’t be in that group, think they got to around 550 on list

I'm between 630 and 650. I know someone who is close to the 550 and has been appointable for same time as me but still not received the call. I did ask recruitment at start of month for rough numbers in front of me but they said they couldn't tell me.

Not sure what happens during training, but I've been told they do honour our pay point once out of training. Am sure there must be some negotiation on pay during training otherwise will affect 6 months worth of pension contributions. I know it doesn't count as a transfer but officers going from PSNI to other forces have their pay and pensions honoured.

Does anyone know what the wage is when in training?

Website shows £21189 during training (as of 01/09/20). Plus NITA but not sure if that gets paid during training. Even with NITA that would be a 50% pay cut if current pay point not honoured.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Gda88

i Have my medical next Wednesday and my vetting is still outstanding it’s been nearly 6 months 🙄 I’m merit 850-900.

if pay is starting at 23k then yeah I would also be dropping about 15k on wages but I’m thinking more long term it will be better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭forumnewbie21

£21,189 per year. It's all on the join psni website.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭georgie1305

The 21k seems very little. But its only for 3 months through training. Then you are on the 24k, plus the NITA (4k or something. Which brings you straight to 29k or so. Then you can add overtime on top of that.

It really isn't that bad, and you will be guaranteed to be earning 45k a year after 6 or 7 years 🤷‍♂️

Is training only 3 months, I thought it was closer to 6 months. Given all of the delays, it would be nice if recruitment could give more than 6 weeks notice when you get the call. Obviously none of us have any idea at the minute when we will be offered a course. Even if they could extend it to 2 months notice rather than 6 weeks.

It’s 21 weeks so just over 5 months

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Waitinggame9

Hi. I'm currently in the 2021 process. I have 14 years service in a UK force and hoping to get back home! Does anyone know for sure what the pay scale will be when starting ie. Do they recognise your pay scale on commencing training or do you take a massive pay cut and hope they recognise it after training! Anyone joined from another force who knows? Thanks.

I'm similar service to you, currently appointable for 2020. I have asked recruitment but they were pretty vague and said its discussed upon offer. I've heard from others that you go to starting PC for training then it goes back up. However there are several references in the candidate pack that says serving officers retain pay point upon offer. So basically not sure anyone knows for certain.

Was that just the normal email address you contacted. I've asked this a few times throughout recruitment. Think it sometimes depends on who you speak to. I might email them again now as I could do with knowing how pay is going to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Waitinggame9

Thanks guys. Yeah the info isn't very clear. I contacted them a while back and they did say that they would recognise your pay scale but not at what stage. I don't mind taking a cut for a while but it would be good to know when it comes to relocating and mortgages etc. I'm probably a long way off yet so yous will be able to let me know!

• Advertisement

What email address did they give you. I emailed them again yesterday and got the same answer:

'On being appointed, candidates with current/previous police service are provided with additional paperwork for completion and return to our Rewards department to enable consideration of starting salary.'.

Seems strange that we are being told different things. Where are you on the ML, maybe you are closer to getting an offer than me.

Advertisement